• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Cavaliers Offseason Thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
Status
Not open for further replies.
max_911003S.jpg

The bread fathers warn their daughters about.

One of my favorite posts of the last year or so.

Reactions: Biw
i think he's going to be good, not great, maybe a poor man's ginobili

Highlight mixes are great.

KP had 38 made 2P, 31 made 3P, and 85 assists on the entire season.

This 8 minute clip probably shows 75% of his made baskets and a good portion of his assists for the whole year.

It's not a commentary on him being good or bad, its just funny how highlights can be so alluring. They only show the plays that resulted in a positive. So while we see some nice 3P shooting, his actual 3P % was 29%(although he did hit a more respectable 39% on corner threes)

The highlights show a player who is not afraid or unable to create off the dribble for himself and others, but doesn't give us a true sense of on plays that he did that, how many were successful?

He also only got to the line 18 times the whole year(played in 43 games)

He's a guy I'd take for the vet min. Not someone who I'd claim off waivers and lock into his $5 million salary for 2015-16.

I watched him play, struggle and do well.

People forget he's a rookie who got hurt..a rookie

Rookie stats don't mean anything

I see a guy who has the skills to be a players, he's fairly young.

This is the kinda guy I want cavs to take a chance on. We need to develop someone.

What if lebron goes down for a long stretch in the next few years???? We need a young guy

The thing is, whose to say the FO is even in the market for another SF after picking up Jefferson ?

And judging by their movements these past two off seasons, they prefer established vets to young, growing guys.

The thing is, where is the development going to come from?

As a 25 year old, he needs legit NBA game time, not practice.

The Cavs signed Jefferson who at least for this year is a likely better fit and performer at backup SF than KP. And they did the for under 1 million dollars.

So are they going to bring in a guy(via waiver claim), pay him $5 million plus the huge associated tax payments, and not really have a slot for him on the court, unless there is an injury?

Also, if they were to claim him, I'm pretty sure that makes his contract guaranteed. So now, he's locking down a roster spot that you may want to use later for a buyout player pickup or midseason trade. At 5 million, he might not be easy to just dump midseason. So there is risk there.

Now, if he gets released, clears waivers, and is willing to choose us at the vet minimum, than I am ALL for it.

Ok long does JR have to remain unsigned for people to be slightly worried.

Its august and I've seen no signs of anyone breaking a sweat.

Ok long does JR have to remain unsigned for people to be slightly worried.

Its august and I've seen no signs of anyone breaking a sweat.

I'm mean, not really. It's not like he is going to go back to China or something. Until we start hearing legitimate reports that he is considering other options -- and it's not clear what those options would be -- I don't think there is cause for concern. It's pretty widely assumed by league followers that he will return.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-14: "Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:14: " Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey."