• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

OSU Recruiting Thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
Urban is on one hell of a run. The thing is this is what Saben has been doing in Bama for years. I think the thing I am the most excited about is that we have a QB locked down this year, and hopefully the next 2 as well. Having a elite level QB for 3 years in a row will help this talent win.

4-star DE Terrell Hall has de-committed.

Likely heading to Bama.

4-star DE Terrell Hall has de-committed.

Likely heading to Bama.

Here is how that went down, per Birm:

Since it's out there on another site right now – one that I know wouldn't have run it without consent from the coaching staff – here's a bit more info on what happened with Hall.

First, he did not tell the OSU staff he was visiting Alabama the week prior to Friday Night Lights. Not only did he not tell them he was going, but when it was discovered he played it off like it was a short trip – it was a week long.

Second, OSU had set up a tour/academics presentation for Terrell on Thursday before FNL: he did not show up.

Third, when he finally arrived at OSU on Friday, just minutes before FNL began, he was aloof and distant from his (then) future teammates.

Fourth, on Saturday morning following FNL Hall showed up at the WHAC wearing Bama gear. Yes, committed to OSU, where he was visiting, wearing Bama gear at the WHAC.

http://www.elevenwarriors.com/forum...8/56984/terrell-hall-the-things-that-happened

What a cropduster. Why act like a kid and try and hide it behind a Universities back, a D-1 massive football program. If you want to head somewhere else, step up and let Urban & the team know. Even Alabama would appreciate you doing that.

Hopefully Crimson makes him look fat.

Rumors swirling of another de-commitment coming soon. Alluded to by Jeremy Birmingham of 11W and Bill Greene of Scout.

I'm guessing George Hill finally wore out his welcome with the staff.

"Between the 2013 and 2017 recruiting classes, Ohio State has more ESPN 300 QB commits than any other program."

Bruce Judson, 4* ATH 2017 decommits from OSU today.

Bruce Judson, 4* ATH 2017 decommits from OSU today.
No surprise there. He's likely Florida bound. Figure Shaun Wade will de-commit within the next year or so too. Most recruiting analysts had those guys pegged as de-commits almost as soon as they committed :chuckle:

No surprise there. He's likely Florida bound. Figure Shaun Wade will de-commit within the next year or so too. Most recruiting analysts had those guys pegged as de-commits almost as soon as they committed :chuckle:
why is that? I would like to think/hope that it's because even these awesome recruits won't get time behind even better players, or Urban is too intense for them, but that obviously isn't always the case.

why is that? I would like to think/hope that it's because even these awesome recruits won't get time behind even better players, or Urban is too intense for them, but that obviously isn't always the case.
It's just very tough to keep Florida guys committed, especially when they're committing two+ years in advance. Other schools don't back off and a lot of times the kids end up going closer to home. Just the nature of the beast.

Exactly. Pretty much anything other than their Senior year commit (or hometown boys) I will be skeptical until I see them actually sign. Referring to boys from the South.

I hate being that guy but honestly the weather is a big factor in it. When I loved in Orlando, I don't know how many times I've heard from other students how they would never move North, or if they came from the North, how they would love to stay in the southern climate. Also with Florida & FSU being "highly" ranked, and those 2 + The U having good recruiting classes next year. Enticing for them to stay in state.

Plus the girls were just insane down there. Not saying tOSU has a campus full of non-attractive slump busters, but good Lord.

tOSU campus is loaded with absurdly hot girls. :chuckle: That's college.

Big time visitors on tap for this weekend. FL WR Binjimen Victor, FL WR Sam Bruce, and LA DT Rashard Lawrence are all taking official visits, while FL WR Trevon Grimes, PA DB Lamont Wade and GA DB Richard LeCounte make up the standout uncommitted 2017 visitors.

Also, keep an eye on two recent USC de-commits, both at the OLB position. Mique Juarez and Daelin Hayes are the names to watch. Hayes is from Michigan and has scheduled an official visit for the Minnesota game while Juarez, from California, has yet to schedule an OV but has stated his interest in OSU. Both guys are rated as five stars on multiple sites.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."