• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Moved to Lakewood

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

tristan+kyrie=$

Gold Star Member
Reaction score
So I recently moved to Lakewood, Ohio after I had accepted a job in downtown Cleveland. My apartment is located on Detroit Avenue near Harry Buffalo. I was wondering where the good bars to go to are, things to do, and anything else I might want to know. So far I have seen great restaurants and such. Thanks in advance.

Thinking of relocating there myself. I dont know much about it. I've been to the YMCA a few times for a bball league. Around the Corner seems like a popular bar.

This might be a good place for you to start: http://everybarinlakewood.blogspot.com/

As for personal experience, there are some underrated bars around. All depends on your mood, personality, and thirst for beer. The Detroiter is pretty new. Buckeye Beer Engine is a solid burger and beer place. Melt is great but can get old in a hurry. Deagan's used to be better, so if you're in the mood for pricier and tastier food, then Forage is great.

Really, Lakewood is all about exploration. So many good bars, restaurants, and things to do, that it's hard to go wrong if you just try something out.

Barroco is probably my favorite restaurant in all of Cleveland and is in lakewood. Wish I lived closer to be able to go more often. The arepas are awesome. I've literally never had bad food there. It's BYOB so it's a cool and cheap place to go before you go to a bar or something nearby.

http://www.barrocogrill.com

This might be a good place for you to start: http://everybarinlakewood.blogspot.com/

As for personal experience, there are some underrated bars around. All depends on your mood, personality, and thirst for beer. The Detroiter is pretty new. Buckeye Beer Engine is a solid burger and beer place. Melt is great but can get old in a hurry. Deagan's used to be better, so if you're in the mood for pricier and tastier food, then Forage is great.

Really, Lakewood is all about exploration. So many good bars, restaurants, and things to do, that it's hard to go wrong if you just try something out.

Indeed

Ferris's Steak House is pretty great. If you feel like treating yourself or impressing some chick you wanna bang.

Born and raised in Lakewood. And when I was moving out about 4 months ago, my cheapest and by far best option was... Lakewood. Still there, still love what it has to offer - a lot of food, bars, a short commute downtown, and the valley (Metroparks) is gorgeous. I won't be here forever, but I still enjoy it.

Hit these spots up (some of which have been mentioned):

Restaurants:
  • Buckeye Beer Engine - Best burger in the city, bar none.
  • Barrio - Not sure if you've tried either the Tremont or downtown locations, but their tacos are great. Prepare to wait 15-20 minutes for a table, though
  • Melt - Long waits at times, but my food never disappoints
  • Harry Buff - All around solid food and beer
  • Jammy Buggars - Great burgers and food
  • El Carnicero - People rave about this Mexican place

Best Under the Radar:

• *The Place To Be* - Best (or possibly worst) kept secret in Lakewood. Best breakfast in the city, you'll get your meals in like 7 minutes. Friendly staff, huge servings, best omelets, etc. Bring cash. Hangover cure.
  • Rush Inn - Under the radar restaurant near the west end of Lakewood. Best wings in the city - breaded to perfection
  • Pepper's Italian Restaurant - Small little Italian joint toward the East side of Lakewood on Detroit.

Bars:
  • The West End - This is right across from where you live, presumably. $2 Natty Pounders will get ya real drunk. Decent food, cheap drinks.
  • Riverwood - Right around the bend from West End; $1 Coors Lights and $2 drafts during every Tribe game
  • Around The Corner - Lakewood staple but it's gotten pretty trashy there. I like going there during the day to hang on the patio
  • Merry Arts - Longtime Lakewood staple
  • Game On - New place, generic theme, but surprisingly adequate, IMO. Cheap happy hours, cheap drinks

Pizza:

• Angelo's
  • Hungry Howie's

Aladdin's sounds like a gay bar. Am I right?

Every bar in Lakewood is gay! Hell, my Father's gay!

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-14: "Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:14: " Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey."