• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

2015 Series #35 -|- Indians @ Angels -|- August 3rd, 4th, and 5th

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
I wonder how long Carrasco is going to be suspended by the team for his actions in the clubhouse following a 9 inning, one hitter with zero run support.

Bimbo says he's expendable.
No, I said he was. Still believe it. This teams offense is putrid, they have 4 young quality starters and they would be negligent not to find it if they can improve the offense by dealing one of the starters. Carrasco would bring the highest value of the non-Klubers. If the team could address their offensive issues while adding a starter to replace Carrasco, turn that would have been a deal to consider. While I am a Daniel Norris fan, I'm not sure Pompey was the kind of hitter who can help this team. Team could have then flipped Hoffman for a bat they like. Not saying they should have pulled the trigger on the Toronto deal but I could see Norris plopping right in and this team not missing Carrasco.

The whole point of statistical analysis is to find and exploit inefficiencies. Right now, pitching rules- pitchers are throwing harder then ever, mechanical analysis is better than it has ever been, and advanced scouting has all favored the pitcher- shifts designed to neuter hitters and pitchFx showing precisely where the holes in a hitters swing are. The team has shown they can develop advanced arms but can't develop hitting. Well, to not take advantage of that and hang onto a guy like Carrasco who could return the hitting this team needs would be a fireable offense, with Dave Dombrowski on speed dial and Jim Leyland on BCC. Instead, I want to see them take advantage of their strengths, use a young pitcher to fill a hole or two on offense, and trust your developmental group- the ones that turned a one time potential DFA in Carlos Carrasco into a viable asset- to mold the next crew to fill the void.

Oh Lindor, what the hell were you doing there.

Fire it up!

2aet5wj.png

Is there a way to check how many times players have been picked off? Lindor has to be around half a dozen. Kind of annoying.

Salazar is a stud, he clearly has "ace" like stuff.

I view him as untouchable.

Jerry's making me look like a douche.

Indians lead 1-0!!!

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."