• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Anthony Bennett

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
Anthony Bennett....breakout year?

Anthony Bennett....breakout year?

Breaking out the donuts...

756887973_GetInMyBelly_1_answer_2_xlarge.jpeg

But the guy let his body go and put on 35 pounds of fast food before Mike Brown coached him for one practice. I'll allow that Bennett had a shoulder injury, but its called the salad bar, and it's what a serious-minded athlete would have done rather than literally eating his rookie year.

I think his approach to the game screwed him up before any pro coach had a chance to do anything you are suggesting.

I was never enthusiastic about drafting Bennett, before, during or after that draft. Even if he kept the jump shot he had going at UNLV, there were too many defensive issues for me to get on board with his stretch 4 potential.

Showing up fat clearly goes hand in hand with the effort issues we saw (I didn't pay much attention last year) as just a general immaturity problem. The guy obviously had no right coming out when he did, but he did grab $15M so far while being a bust.

I don't want to be the grand defender of a player that will most likely amount to nothing, but I do think that someone will take a chance on him next year when he's available for the minimum. And maybe it takes awhile for him to eventually "get it," but I think he has a chance to eventually become a rotational player.

I remember him saying when he was a kid he quit basketball and only went back to it because he was good at it. Sounds to me like he may never really of had that drive that you need tale it to the nba. He had the raw gifts and he was coached in the skills but as soon as he wasn't directed 247 he slipped

Toronto makes sense. They only have Patterson and Scola at PF. The Canadian angle of course would be strong. From botht he player and team perspective.

I just feel bad for him at this point...like we really drafted the biggest bust at #1 ever

I hope he can figure it out

I've seen so many posts about how Tristan Thompson is a backup who only gets offensive rebounds and is a 6th man at the best, so why not resign Bennett and groom him to replace Tristan after he signs the qualifying offer? Several folks have pointed out that a late 1st rounder could replace Tristan, so why not a project like Bennett until the Cavs get another late 1st rounder to try out?

Philly, Portland, and Cleveland are the only teams that can claim him.

Cavs only have 14 guaranteed contracts....I wouldn't ignore them looking it over.

Cavs only have 14 guaranteed contracts....I wouldn't ignore them looking it over.
how much does he stand to make, though? If they are balking on a few million for Tristan d/t luxury tax I can't imagine them absorbing Bennett's deal. Or would they just be gaining his rights, not having to absorb the contract since he reached a buyout? Thus league minimum?

Wait....I thought if you were under the cap, you can claim a player?

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."