• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Fastlane Tonight - in Cleveland!

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
By the way, as far as styles go, I think Rollins is a pretty solid match for Sting. Rollins can dazzle the crowd with his athleticism in a way that HHH could not at this point, or really at any point since that was never his style (he was always more of an old school, technical guy). Given that Sting can't really go at this point, you need the other guy to sell the match, and Seth can do that. Trips is really a better match up for a guy like Daniel Bryan (a guy who can carry his own weight in the ring) at this point in his career, which is why their match at Mania two years ago was great but his match with Sting had to rely on crazy cameos by retired guys. HHH can still pull his own weight in a match, but he can't carry someone else too. I think Rollins can.

Seth is also a good fit because his style isn't overly physical. He's not dropping guys hard on their backs all match like Lesnar. He can do that stuff, but he generally doesn't rely on it.

I think it could be a decent match.

Hey I don't mind Sting getting a shot and losing, but if he wins, that is just terrible, I don't care if he was a legend 10 years ago.

If they want to put a belt on him, make a new belt, and call it the handicapped strap.

I personally wouldn't of been having Wyatt just doing nothing the past few months, could of gave him and Rollins a good feud with great matches.

Oh, and can Sting even give a good match at this point? His match with HHH was slow and really hard to watch.

It's already been mentioned by @Bill Walton. , but Wyatt vs. Rollins wouldn't happen because they are both heels. I wouldn't mind seeing those two clash down the road though, when and if Rollins turns face. Plus, I wouldn't say Wyatt was doing nothing this summer. Roman Reigns was a good feud for him up until Harper and Ambrose got involved, and then the initial storyline between Wyatt and Reigns got watered down.

And from a pure wrestling standpoint Rollins is one of the best in the business. He can carry Sting in a match for 15 or so minutes.

It is Sting's age however that leads me to believe Sheamus will cash in on him soon after taking the title off Seth. In which I could see a storyline playing out where Sheamus is the new favorite of the authority, while Rollins becomes the afterthought. This leads to his face turn, he feuds over the fall/winter with Sheamus and the Authority, and then at WM we get Rollins vs Triple H. Boom.

It's already been mentioned by @Bill Walton. , but Wyatt vs. Rollins wouldn't happen because they are both heels. I wouldn't mind seeing those two clash down the road though, when and if Rollins turns face. Plus, I wouldn't say Wyatt was doing nothing this summer. Roman Reigns was a good feud for him up until Harper and Ambrose got involved, and then the initial storyline between Wyatt and Reigns got watered down.

And from a pure wrestling standpoint Rollins is one of the best in the business. He can carry Sting in a match for 15 or so minutes.

It is Sting's age however that leads me to believe Sheamus will cash in on him soon after taking the title off Seth. In which I could see a storyline playing out where Sheamus is the new favorite of the authority, while Rollins becomes the afterthought. This leads to his face turn, he feuds over the fall/winter with Sheamus and the Authority, and then at WM we get Rollins vs Triple H. Boom.
I was thinking exactly this, but I would at least hope WWE has the dignity to give Sting a 1month run (ala 2002 HBK). Then have Sheamus cash in. He maybe boring but hes probably the most genuinely hated guy in the WWE. I could also see Orton coming out and killing Sheamus right when he goes to cash in. Setting up a tag feud Authority vs Sting & Randy. Randy v the Authority already has some history, so it could make sense.

Not to mention he could sure use some rub because hes stale as hell.

I swear if WWE ever decided to use a flow chart for booking, things would make so much more sense and the storylines would make much more sense.

Unless Sting only agreed to one match to win the belt and then lose it immediately, it really wouldn't make sense for WWE to have him lose the belt right away. Sting will bring in fanfare and viewers during months where the WWE is generally an afterthought. Milking two or three PPV appearances out of his title run would definitely be in their best interests, provided he agrees to it and can physically handle it.

Personally, though, I just really don't see what giving the belt to Sheamus at all would accomplish. He's not going to draw in extra viewers for his title matches or anything.

I watched the Balor-Owens match again and I was impressed by Owens ladder work. Ladder placement was to perfection.

I watched the Balor-Owens match again and I was impressed by Owens ladder work. Ladder placement was to perfection.

The best part of that match was when Owens did his heel antics. I loved when he pinned Balor against the ring apron with the ladder, then dashed at it like he was gonna do something awesome, only to just generically punch Finn in the face. My favorite, though, was when the crowd started the El Generico chant and Owens rotated his shoulder. That drew great heat and was hilarious.

Not even in the top three of matches with ladders for him.

Given the clear restrictions/limitations of the "WWE style" compared to the wild wild west that is the independent circuit, it was a fine match. I thought it was ****.

Bayley/Sasha was ****1/2.

Sting being in a world title match, let alone the possibility of him winning, is just stupid to me. The only retired part timer I want to see Rollins feud with is Triple H, which would obviously come with a face turn, which needs to happen soon. I'm not sure if Rollins needs to drop the title for this to happen, but yea, I don't want to see Sting, Taker, any of the retired part timers wrestle (Brock is a part timer, but still in his prime, so it's different there). Unless we're talking about Stone Cold returning for a match.

Sting being in a world title match, let alone the possibility of him winning, is just stupid to me. The only retired part timer I want to see Rollins feud with is Triple H, which would obviously come with a face turn, which needs to happen soon. I'm not sure if Rollins needs to drop the title for this to happen, but yea, I don't want to see Sting, Taker, any of the retired part timers wrestle (Brock is a part timer, but still in his prime, so it's different there). Unless we're talking about Stone Cold returning for a match.

I don't know what to tell you then... maybe WWE isn't for you. If people would rather not see The Undertaker, Sting, Triple H, The Rock, etc come back every once in awhile and wrestle then you're taking it far too seriously.

I don't see how I'm taking it "seriously", I just have no desire to see these guys who are well past their prime. They should be focusing on building new stars, instead they keep relying on these older guys who barely perform anymore to generate network subs for the PPVs, and even have them go over younger guys.

Like Taker, he has wrestled twice this year. He beat Wyatt and left for 3-4 months, and then came back and best Lesnar, and won't be back for 6 months. Why?

Last edited:
I see these part-time guys as having two roles. Putting over young guys, and nostalgia matches. I just have very little interest in seeing them chase belts.

What does that have to do with how he worked the ladders.
It was obvious Balor wasnt willing to have his ladder tipped
so just to clarify are you saying his ladder placement and shuffling sucked?

the guys has been in like over 12 ladder matches in his career. I was certainly not ranking them.

but what does this mean? the ladder work wasnt quality or was it sub par.
the guy coordinated the ladders for both wrestlers.Quite well

I was impressed with his staging of the ladders.

does your opinion it wasnt his top 3 ladder match ever, mean I shouldnt of been?

Ill take your word it wasnt his top 3 ladder match ever but I didnt think it needed to be. I usually dont grade matches overall based on how a guy handles a prop, But the way he handled those props was certainly at a level that merited a compliment
There was at least two times he corrected a misplaced laffer by Balor and he set up moves with ladders in sequences either for him or balor 2 or 3 minutes in advance of the actual move.

The only thing good on RAW last night besides New Day.

tumblr_ntz5ixvRrs1rnjfjfo1_r1_400.gif

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."