• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

2015 Buckeyes Football

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
Don't mean to change topic, but just throwing it in here...

Ordered a 2015 National Championship Bosa jersey from aliexpress about 5 days ago. Should be coming in the mail hopefully in a week or 2. Hopefully before VT game. Will let you guys know how it turned out.

With the jersey sales only going to #1 & the current year and no names, I wanted to jump on it in case they stop making the jerseys too, for some reason.

I bought an EE jersey in January from there, and it is awesome. Mine, I got to choose where to put the B1G patch and playoff patch, so I had to look at game pictures to makes sure which combo was correct.

Captains named today. Taylor Decker, Jacoby Boren, Joshua Perry, Braxton Miller, Tyvis Powell and J.T. Barrett.

St. Thomas Aquinas was on TV today when I was at the bar and I glanced at the TV and saw a big, white guy lying on the grass in pain. Scared the shit outta me it was Nick.

Luckily it wasn't.

I will. I have other authentic jerseys from campus, so I will compare the 2 and write in here.

The jersey ALREADY came in and it is legit. A couple minor things you can't notice unless you are 100% focusing on it and looking for an error.

As said before, the neck is a little large, I feel it comes down maybe 1/4in. too far down, but it doesn't look weird/odd. A 1/4" doesn't seem like a lot, but when you try on another jersey you got from campus/store, you can tell it is slightly lower. But as said before, not awkward. Would be good actually to wear a hoodie underneath/henley of some sort.

@Rob @Kbiz8288

Will order a black jersey once it is confirmed by the University they are wearing them. And to see what they ACTUALLY look like since there are a few designs out there.

The jersey ALREADY came in and it is legit. A couple minor things you can't notice unless you are 100% focusing on it and looking for an error.

As said before, the neck is a little large, I feel it comes down maybe 1/4in. too far down, but it doesn't look weird/odd. A 1/4" doesn't seem like a lot, but when you try on another jersey you got from campus/store, you can tell it is slightly lower. But as said before, not awkward. Would be good actually to wear a hoodie underneath/henley of some sort.

@Rob @Kbiz8288

Will order a black jersey once it is confirmed by the University they are wearing them. And to see what they ACTUALLY look like since there are a few designs out there.

I've seen them, they're legit.

Wearing them vs. PSU.

I've seen them, they're legit.

Wearing them vs. PSU.

Show me them. I have seen the ones where mainly all black. I have seen the ones where scarlet/white on shoulders. I have seen where it's kind of like a diamond type shape from shoulders/neck.

I am going to PSU game (I am still keeping you in mind if we happen not to go, by the way, and keeping an ear out if someone is selling) and don't want to buy a "fake" one right now.

I am assuming we will black out that game?

Brimming with excitement about the latest reports on Braxton...Urb said yesterday in his presser that he had a great week and looks like an H-back now..."really fluent."

@Rob @Kbiz8288

Mind posting a pic and/or link to the jersey?

94YC1WO.jpg

The stripes on the sleeve are thin? I know it's not going to be exactly as thick as the real jersey. Doesn't bother me, though.

@Rob @Kbiz8288

For $27, can't beat it.

I am not one in things having to be precise to a T.

The vast majority will say nice jersey or not say anything at all b/c I will be in a sea of Scarlet jerseys & it looks like the rest of them.

The handful of people will say the sleeves are too thin and the 2015 may be too close to the Nike swoosh.

Like I said though, I am completely okay with it. If I wanted perfection (which you can't anymore b/c of the new rules), I would of dished out the $ and got authentic. Everything is sewed on fine, no loose threads, name spelled right. All good.

Show me them. I have seen the ones where mainly all black. I have seen the ones where scarlet/white on shoulders. I have seen where it's kind of like a diamond type shape from shoulders/neck.

I am going to PSU game (I am still keeping you in mind if we happen not to go, by the way, and keeping an ear out if someone is selling) and don't want to buy a "fake" one right now.

I am assuming we will black out that game?

Wish I could.

I might post them closer to the October launch, but there's only a handful of people who have these images and I'd basically be risking my job if they leaked.

wlSx1jf.png

This is a decent mock-up, but the Swoosh will be red and the sleeve stripe on these isn't quite accurate.

The sleeves are more traditional style, but still have the red numbers on top of the shoulders as well.

All I've seen is the top, haven't seen a helmet or pants yet.

Wish I could.

I might post them closer to the October launch, but there's only a handful of people who have these images and I'd basically be risking my job if they leaked.

This is a decent mock-up, but the Swoosh will be red and the sleeve stripe on these isn't quite accurate.

The sleeves are more traditional style, but still have the red numbers on top of the shoulders as well.

All I've seen is the top, haven't seen a helmet or pants yet.

Thanks, man.

I am sure you have seen this then. Zach Smith put up a picture to show the Zone6 decal. Not sure if fake or what, but definitely looks to be matte black. But you can kinda see scuff marks/paint? chipping? Too hard to tell right now.

ohio-state-black-matte-helmet.jpg

EDIT: It actually could be reflection from lights too. As you can see the 2 main lights from the ceiling in the stripes.

Thanks, man.

I am sure you have seen this then. Zach Smith put up a picture to show the Zone6 decal. Not sure if fake or what, but definitely looks to be matte black. But you can kinda see scuff marks/paint? chipping? Too hard to tell right now.

EDIT: It actually could be reflection from lights too. As you can see the 2 main lights from the ceiling in the stripes.

Definitely saw that.

I truly think it's just weird lighting. I can't see any way Nike would allow OSU to have samples of something they haven't launched yet.

They're incredibly stringent about stuff like that. Teams/retailers won't receive this stuff until closer to the launch.

Saw someone with something that looked like that on campus today. When was the last time we had a black jersey?

Hopefully this isn't an item that like sells out in 3 seconds and you never see again, like the Nike OSU shoes. Usually because people buy 10 of them and sell 9 on ebay for uber inflated prices.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."