• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

2015 Fantasy Football League

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
Ok I've got the invites out to those that sent me their emails.

Rookie
Jack
Jonmchugh

Your invites have been sent. The rest need to send me an email I can. Send the invite to.
We have 8 teams who said they'll be in. So hopefully we can get at least another 2 to have a 10 team league.
Thanks beanie. Signed up and joined. Hopefully this will be a lot more competitive than my work league where I wounded up with Peterson, Lamar miller, cj andersom and Justin forsett lol.

How do auctions work? I've never done an auction draft before. Should be fun though.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Thanks beanie. Signed up and joined. Hopefully this will be a lot more competitive than my work league where I wounded up with Peterson, Lamar miller, cj andersom and Justin forsett lol.

How do auctions work? I've never done an auction draft before. Should be fun though.

Auctions are pretty simple. The system automatically sets up a draft order just like a snake draft, but instead of picking a person, you nominate a player. When you nominate a guy, you automatically bid one dollar on him. The clock starts at thirty seconds and ticks down, and anyone else in the league can bid on the player you nominated, provided they have suitable funds. You generally start with either 200 or 250 dollars to build your team, and you have to fill out a complete roster, meaning you have to have at least one dollar left for each remaining roster slot on your team. Once the clock gets below ten, each bid resets it to ten seconds. From there, whoever bids the highest gets the player, just like a real auction.

I like auctions because, unlike snake drafts, there's minimal luck involved. You can get any player you want, provided you're willing to pay for them. In a snake draft, you're often at the mercy of where you pick, and who picks ahead of you. In an auction, the only thing standing in your way is yourself. There's also more strategy involved than in a snake draft (where there is literally no strategy involved). Do you nominate a guy you want, or do you nominate a guy you hate and let other people waste their money? Do you run up the price on a guy you know another guy wants, or do you play it safe on the off chance he doesn't bid again and you get stuck with the dude? Do you nominate an end of bench guy (or kicker/defense) in the first round and hope no one is willing to bid more than a dollar and you get a guy you've scouted? There are just so many fun variables that make auctions significantly better than snake drafts.

I'd highly recommend anyone who hasn't done an auction draft before either sign up for a free league on one of the major fantasy sites or do a couple of mock auction drafts. Not only are they more enjoyable and skillful than a snake draft, but they're also more active. In a snake draft, you're basically out of play until your next pick. In an auction, you have to pay constant attention because every nomination could be a guy you want to bid on, or bid up. Also, when you need a bathroom break, just nominate a mid to high profile guy you don't want. It'll buy you a minute or two while everyone else bids. :chuckle:

I have it setup for a snake draft now.

i sent you a pm of my email address.

Ok. Waiting on Pick6 to accept the invite. Still need emails from Bruce and Real Deal.

Still need a couple more teams!!

The draft is still Wednesday

Ok guys. I'm registered. Suh Girls One Cup. What ttime is the draft?

I may be able to get my roommate to join if we need someone. I'll wait though.

Ok. Waiting on Pick6 to accept the invite. Still need emails from Bruce and Real Deal.

Still need a couple more teams!!

If you still need anymore teams, I would join. I'll PM you my email.

I can move the draft back if we need to. Also will have to move the draft if we don't have enough teams.

I can move the draft back if we need to. Also will have to move the draft if we don't have enough teams.
Wednesday is the only night I'm free this week besides Saturday night if we want to do it Saturday.

I can do Saturday if we start it earlier. I don't want to be drafting until 11pm on a Saturday night.

I could do Saturday anytime after 5 or so. First home game of the year is at 12:30.

I could do Saturday anytime after 430. I work until 4 on Saturday.

So is this league going to be standard ? Are we doing ppr or anything like that.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."