• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

The Official Game of Thrones [A Song of Ice and Fire] Thread (includes spoilers)

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
Hhmm would they also be casting a lyanna? that's the only remaining casting that would confirm the towet of joy flashback.

Well I think that Tower of Joy is in, for practical reasons and the fact that they confirmed filming at a castle that looks just like it. Young Ned casting though is for a 13 year old, so we're going even further back. I think this season will be flashback heavy.

Young Ned has been cast. So that confirms some interesting flashbacks.

That's one reason why I lean towards McShane as Howland Reed. Euron/Victarion doesn't make a lot of sense to me simply because it's supposed to be a small part. I can't see how either of those guys only appears for an episode or two if they're going to have the role of bringing Danaerys to Westeros.

But Reed fits the description perfectly. McShane thinking back and telling that story to....Brienne/Sansa/Theon, maybe?

What Abercrombie books would you recommend, and what order?

You ever get around to reading any of his books?

I just re-read the first two in his First Law trilogy the past two weeks. They are just really great books.

You ever get around to reading any of his books?

I just re-read the first two in his First Law trilogy the past two weeks. They are just really great books.

Literally listening to The Blade Itself as I'm typing this. About 1/3 of the way through. Really liking it.

Last edited:
Okay, so I just saw this theory that the big Tower of Joy shocker is going to be Lyanna giving birth to...a girl. The entire theory is that Meera Reed is Jon's twin sister. Here's a link.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...id=txtlnkusaolp00000592&kvcommref=mostpopular

I think it's plausible, and has the virtue of simplicity. Jon and Meera were born the same year, Howland Reed was obviously present at the ToJ, and there has been the seemingly weird lack of communication between Ned and his supposedly close friend Howland Reed. No family visits, nothing. Odd.

The two biggest negatives I can see are Meera's "typical crannogman" appearance, and the lack of any rumors of Reed fathering a bastard too. You'd think if people would have noticed one on the road, they'd have noticed two.

Maybe Meera's appearance (green eyes, etc.) has something to do with things that are eaten in the Neck, though. More environment than heredity, perhaps?

Okay, so I just saw this theory that the big Tower of Joy shocker is going to be Lyanna giving birth to...a girl. The entire theory is that Meera Reed is Jon's twin sister. Here's a link.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...id=txtlnkusaolp00000592&kvcommref=mostpopular

I think it's plausible, and has the virtue of simplicity. Jon and Meera were born the same year, Howland Reed was obviously present at the ToJ, and there has been the seemingly weird lack of communication between Ned and his supposedly close friend Howland Reed. No family visits, nothing. Odd.

The two biggest negatives I can see are Meera's "typical crannogman" appearance, and the lack of any rumors of Reed fathering a bastard too. You'd think if people would have noticed one on the road, they'd have noticed two.

Maybe Meera's appearance (green eyes, etc.) has something to do with things that are eaten in the Neck, though. More environment than heredity, perhaps?

Meh, don't like it.

These theories are certainly fun to read, but I have a hard time believing a storyline will be as fulfilling as Rhaegar and Lyanna being the parents.

I also don't see why Jon Snow needed to be kept a secret if that's the case. The whole point of the secrecy is presumably because Robert would have killed any living Targaryen. I get that Robert would have been mad that his love had a kid with someone else, but I'm not sure it required the cover up that Jon Targaryen does.

I also don't see why Jon Snow needed to be kept a secret if that's the case. The whole point of the secrecy is presumably because Robert would have killed any living Targaryen. I get that Robert would have been mad that his love had a kid with someone else, but I'm not sure it required the cover up that Jon Targaryen does.

I'm not sure if that's a response to me or the colonel, but the theory is that Jon and Meera are the twin children of Rhaegar and Lyanna. Howland Reed just adopted Meera the same way Ned did Jon.

So both Jon and Meera would be Targaryen.

I'm not sure if that's a response to me or the colonel, but the theory is that Jon and Meera are the twin children of Rhaegar and Lyanna. Howland Reed just adopted Meera the same way Ned did Jon.

So both Jon and Meera would be Targaryen.

Got it. Makes sense.

Saw George answer a fan question about the fate of Stannis and that he's still alive in the books. Don't really think it means much, though, because he's obviously alive in the books as of right now, but the battle at Winterfell hasn't even happened in the books. So I'm not sure his response means anything at all.

http://time.com/4013385/george-r-r-martin-stannis-fate/

Classic George, just loves dangling things for the fans, like the idea that he will ever finish the books

Saw George answer a fan question about the fate of Stannis and that he's still alive in the books. Don't really think it means much, though, because he's obviously alive in the books as of right now, but the battle at Winterfell hasn't even happened in the books. So I'm not sure his response means anything at all.

http://time.com/4013385/george-r-r-martin-stannis-fate/

I'm interested to see where Shireen's real sacrifice comes into play in TWOW. It will be very different from the show. Which is good. Because that was stupid.

Apparently Dickon Tarly has been cast, which seems to confirm that Ian McShane will play the role of Randyll Tarly, especially given that someone else has officially been cast as Euron (despite looking to be about Theon's age).

Apparently Dickon Tarly has been cast, which seems to confirm that Ian McShane will play the role of Randyll Tarly, especially given that someone else has officially been cast as Euron (despite looking to be about Theon's age).

I think Ian McShane was actually confirmed to be playing someone who has a scene with a "band of outlaws". Small part but of major importance according to WOTW.

In addition, they're casting a theatre troupe, which seems to confirm that they're doing Arya's "Mercy" chapter from TWOW... which seems pointless since they achieved that story's conclusion last season.

I think Ian McShane was actually confirmed to be playing someone who has a scene with a "band of outlaws". Small part but of major importance according to WOTW.

In addition, they're casting a theatre troupe, which seems to confirm that they're doing Arya's "Mercy" chapter from TWOW... which seems pointless since they achieved that story's conclusion last season.

You could be right. I haven't seen any confirmation about the part he's playing, but I also haven't really been following GoT news all that closely. If he's not playing Euron, though, I'd say Tarly is the next best role for him.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-14: "Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:14: " Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey."