• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Post Draft advice-Fantasy Football

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
I have my 12 team live draft tonight. I pick 11th. There are no keepers in this league, so everyone is on the board. It's also a six points per QB touchdown league, which is sort of good for my purposes since at least four or five people will probably take QBs in round one due to their increased value, which means stud players will drop to where I'm picking at.

My goal is to draft some combo of WRs and RBs in the first three rounds and then maybe target a QB in the fourth or fifth. I don't want to wait too long, as this is a league where a lot of people draft two QBs and with six points a touchdown, you want to end up with a top ten guy. I'm thinking either Romo or Roethlisberger is my guy. Both should have great years if healthy. I'm leaning toward Big Ben right now since his offense has more weapons. Eli might be a nice sleeper pick too, although obviously not that early.

Any thoughts? I'm basically out of the Rodgers/Luck sweepstakes at 11, and I suspect Russell Wilson and Drew Brees (although he might fall, but I'm not taking him in the first regardless) will be gone as well, along with maybe one or two others. Luck and Rodgers are the only two I'd take if they fell to 11th given our scoring. Beyond those two, who are clearly on a different level right now, I'd rather take the best RB or WR on the board.

I'm in a league with a bunch of losers, pedophiles, and perverts. I have the 4th pick. It's PPR. Not sure who I am going to take. Antonio Brown is not an option, as he is being kept. Either is Leveon Bell. Who do I take?

We draft on Sunday night.

:chuckle:

I'm in a league with a bunch of losers, pedophiles, and perverts. I have the 4th pick. It's PPR. Not sure who I am going to take. Antonio Brown is not an option, as he is being kept. Either is Leveon Bell. Who do I take?

We draft on Sunday night.

:chuckle:

I'm not a pedophile. Can't be with a 12 year old, so I found a short chick that looks 12. I won't deny the loser pervert accusation though.

Had my 12 team draft tonight. Six points per QB touchdown, and lineup is two RBs, three WRs, no flex. Other than that, standard scoring. I had the eleventh pick.

QB Eli Manning (8)
RB Jamaal Charles (1)
RB Jeremy Hill (2)
WR Alshon Jeffery (3)
WR Mike Evans (4)
WR Jeremy Maclin (6)
TE Antonio Gates (10)
D/ST Detroit Lions (15)
K Justin Tucker (16)

BN Alfred Morris (5)
BN Charles Johnson (7)
BN Rashad Jennings (9)
BN Knile Davis (11)
BN DeVante Parker (12)
BN Eddie Royal (13)
BN David Cobb (14)

Forgot to draft a backup TE since Gates is suspended, but I'll worry about that tomorrow. Other than that, very happy with my draft.

Edited to add the rounds I got everyone in.

Last edited:
I think you did great. I'd be happy with that team.

So Lynch was kept. The top 3 players left for me to choose from in my keeper league are:

Julio Jones
Demaryius Thomas
Matt Forte

It's PPR, who should I take?

(I kept Gronk, Maclin, Latavius Mirray)

So going to add my comments for the draft I posted three posts back since I was on my phone last night and didn't have time.

Still can't believe Charles fell to 11, but that's what happens when QBs get six points a touchdown and, thus, become overvalued as a result. Luck and Rodgers went second and third (understandably with this league's scoring), but then other people inevitably panicked and drafted other QBs in the first. Four QBs went in the first (Wilson and Manning being the other two), and two more (Brees and Ryan) went in the second. Somehow, Cam Newton went in the third ahead of Romo and Roethlisberger despite the fact that he has no one to throw to. But I guess that's what happens when you live in Charlotte.

Probably the toughest call I had all night was my second pick. There were a lot of potentially great players still on the board. McCoy, Forte, Demaryius, Gronkowski, AJ Green, OBJ, Julio, Cobb...it was a really hard decision. It really came down to Demaryius and Hill for me, though, with Gronk as a possible third option. I went with Hill because I think he's going to have a great year and figured having two really good RBs would be a boon since WR is generally a more inconsistent position.

My plan to draft Big Ben in the fourth was foiled, though. I saw Jeffery still on the board when I made my third pick and had to go for him since I didn't have a WR yet and we have to start three. That actually happened a lot last night, which is why I didn't end up picking a QB until the eighth, or a TE until the tenth. A combination of the guys I was targeting at those positions being picked ahead of where I valued them and other guys I really wanted falling into my lap. Anyway, Ben got picked right after I took Jeffery, and the same guy somehow took Sammy Watkins ahead of Mike Evans and Brandin Cooks. I can't say with certainty I would have taken Roethlisberger in the fourth with those two still on the board anyway, but my buddy Harrison took that decision out of my hands.

I was very surprised Alfred Morris fell to the fifth. We can only start two RBs, but that value was too good to pass up. The guy just puts up solid RB seasons every year and there was no reason he should have been available there when so many people in the league didn't have two starting backs yet.

The question I find myself with today is who to drop to pick up a backup TE. It basically comes down to Cobb or Royal, I guess. Any thoughts?

I'd have picked a backup QB somewhere in there. Eli still doesn't play behind the best of lines.

It's funny...I'm holding back giving my opinion on players because of the draft tomorrow night in the RBF league. It's not like there's money on the line, but still. I feel like a goof.

So Lynch was kept. The top 3 players left for me to choose from in my keeper league are:

Julio Jones
Demaryius Thomas
Matt Forte

It's PPR, who should I take?

(I kept Gronk, Maclin, Latavius Mirray)

I'd go with Thomas personally, but none of those three are bad options.

So as far as TE goes, what would you guys do in my situation? I have Gates and currently no backup.

The best available TE on the waiver wire in my opinion is Tyler Eifert, who I think should be solid and have an increased role this year if he stays healthy. Dude was a first round pick for a reason.

Other available TEs include:
Austin Seferian-Jenkins
Jordan Reed
Kyle Rudolph
Charles Clay
Richard Rodgers
Ladarius Green

And, if I pick up someone like Eifert, should I just roll the dice and drop Gates, or drop Eddie Royal or David Cobb instead?

Just had my 12 man, .5 PPR draft last night. Ended up with the first pick which isn't at all what I wanted but it didn't work out too terribly.

QB- Ryan Tannehill
RB- Le'Veon Bell
RB- Joseph Randle (?)
WR- Alshon Jeffery
WR- Randall Cobb (what a scare)
TE- Travis KELCE (love him)
FLEX- Ameer Abdullah (?)

K- Matt Bryant

Def- Buffalo

BN- Arian Foster
BN- Ryan Mathews
BN- Brian Quick
BN- Eric Decker
BN- Knile Davis
BN- Kendall Wright

My bench is pretty weak but it's a 12 man so I'm overall content. Let me know what you think.

You did pretty well for a twelve man draft. I have no idea how Cobb or Jeffery fell to the 24th pick in a .5 PPR league.

You're a bit weak at receiver depth (although Quick may turn into a solid fantasy guy this year...I was planning to grab him in my 12 team draft but someone reached further than me for him), but you may end up with running back depth to spare if Randle and Abdullah both work out and Foster comes back soon. You're also set if Charles goes down with an injury, as we all saw what Davis could do last year when Charles was out.

So not going to post the RBF draft, as it is in the other thread. But had another draft over the weekend. PPR. 12-team. 2 keeper league.

QB/ 3 WR/ 2 RB/ TE/ FLEX/ K/ DEF

QB - Tannehill, Winston(had to, for keeper purposes. Got him in the 13th I think)
WR - Evans, Cooks, A. Robinson, Quick, DeVante Parker
RB - Lynch, Ivory, Randle, Knile Davis, Matt Jones, R. Hillman
TE - Olsen
K - Dawson
DEF - Houston

In love with my team, for a PPR, 12 team league. Luckily, I play the team who has Bell in the first week. He would of had Charles/Bell in a PPR format. Ouch. Need to steal this one.

My major league draft is this weekend coming up. standard 12-team.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."