• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

RBF League 2023 - Gary Barnidge Classic!

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Should we make this a buy-in league for $25 each?

• Yes

Votes: 9 90.0%
  • No

Votes: 1 10.0%

• Total voters
Post your team:

QB A. Rodgers GB - QB 7
WR B. Cooks NO - WR 11
WR K. Allen SD - WR 10
RB J. Charles KC - RB 9
RB T. Gurley StL - RB 6
TE D. Walker Ten - TE 4
W/R/T M. Bryant Pit - WR 11
K D. Bailey Dal - K 6
DEF New England 4
BN R. White Atl - WR 10
BN I. Crowell Cle - RB 11
BN K. Rudolph Min - TE 5
BN M. Colston NO - WR 11

Keeper: C.J. Anderson Den - RB

QB: Eli Manning
RB: Eddie Lacy
RB: Alfred Morris
WR: Alshon Jeffery
WR: Amari Cooper
TE: Austin Seferian-Jenkins
FLEX: Eric Decker WR
K: Justin Tucker
DEF: Cleveland
BN: Joique Bell RB
BN: Devante Parker WR
BN: Jonathan Stewart RB
BN: Andre Williams RB

KEEPER: T.Y Hilton WR

QB R. Tannehill
RB F. Gore
RB CJ Spiller
WR O. Beckam Jr. (K)
WR J. Edelman
TE R. Gronkowski
Flex G. Olsen
K M. Crosby
Def Philly
BN D Freeman RB
BN S Vereen RB
BN D Woodhead RB
BN J Brown WR
BN B LaFell WR

QB Sam Bradford
RB Doug Martin
RB Deangelo Williams
WR Antonio Brown
WR Calvin Johnson
TE Josh Hill
Flex Jeremy Maclin
D/ST KC
K Matt Prater

B Arian Foster
B Bishop Sankey
B Brian Quick
B Brandon Coleman
B Tevin Coleman

Keeper: Antonio Brown

I'm probably biased but I think I have far and away the best WRs in the league on paper. If my WR core holds up I'll need Martin and Williams/Coleman/Foster/Sankey to combine for ~22 points a week and I'll be set. If Martin continues to run the way he has, Sims will be an afterthought. I've watched two Bucs games and I'm not impressed with Sims in the slightest. I'd be shocked if Martin isn't getting 15-20 touches a game. If Martin is getting 15-20 touches/week, I'm looking at a floor of ~10-12 points for him. When Foster comes back, I'm looking at a very similar floor from him. I just need to tread water and win one or two of those matchups before Foster comes back. If Tevin Coleman wins that starting gig, I'll love my team. I'll most likely start Deangelo the first couple weeks since Lev Bell is suspended.

Last edited:
QB - Rivers 9
WR - Julio 1
WR - Tate 4
RB - Murray 2
RB - Ellington 3
TE - Cameron 8
Flex - V Jax 5
K - Parkey - 14
DEF - Dolphins 13

BN - Allen Robinson 6
BN - K. Wright 7
BN - Sims 10
BN - Perriman 11
BN - Helu 12

Nothing fantastic, but not absolutely terrible.

RB's are going to be a complete hit or miss. Murray still get bulk on new team? Ellington WILL be cut back but his upside can be his receptions. I am still looking at 15-16 touches/gm. And I grabbed a few backups in Sims/Helu in case Doug Martin (who will probably fail) goes down & Latavius Murray doesn't live up/go down. Helu is also a good pass catching back.

Rivers is Rivers. Will air it out a lot. Throw a few good INT's. Hopefully will make up with massive yardage.

Cameron hopefully will see a good amount of targets from Tannehill. Miami is poised for a great season. Hopefully with the rejuvenated Dolphins receiving core, Cameron will get some good looks down the middle & RZ.

WR is probably my strong point. Julio is Julio. Chance of being #1 WR overall. Tate has potential for huge 100yd games. Will it happen every week? Absolutely not. But they aren't going to throw to Calvin every time, and a few looks and the possibility of one of his 50yd TD bombs, and that is all I need from him. Also with Bell/Ameer, they have to watch out for passing outta the backfield. V Jax gets a ton of targets outside of Evans. And I don't believe their running game will be anything spectacular. Allen Robinson is due for a breakout. Wright will be solid. Perriman I just grabbed in case he comes back and just if he does turn out to be a stud, that would be a good keeper in the 11th next year.

I feel later on I will have the power to deal some wideouts for a back if I need it. My team isn't fantastic on paper, but I think I will make a push for the playoffs. If I don't, this league is rigged still and Keys needs to be fired.

Yahoo! graded Keys as having the best draft but predicts my team to have the best record. How does that work?

I think what I like most about my team is that I have a couple TD machines in Gronk, OBJ, and Gore and then a slew of PPR powerhouses with Spiller, Edelman, Vereen, Woodhead, and Olsen. Those catches really add up.

QB: Matt Ryan
WR: Demaryius Thomas
WR: Devonte Adams
RB: Justin Forsett
RB: Melvin Gordon
Flex: Jarvis Landry
TE: Zach Ertz
K: Matt Bryant
D/ST: New York Jets

Bn: Ryan Matthews
Bn: Anquan Bolden
Bn: Ronnie Hillman
Bn: Teddy Bridgewater
Bn: Kile Davis

I like my WRs, especially if Adams has the year everyone expects him to have. However; he could be a total bust. Running backs I'm a little shaky on, as Forsett was a journeyman up until last year then he blew up. Hopefully Baltimore still has a great O line and can open up big holes for him again. Melvin Gordon wasn't my first choice here but I think he could have a big year. I like Ertz quite a bit and got him in another league. I think Philly is going to be explosive and Ertz fits what they are going to do.

My team should be competitive, more so than last year.

Yahoo! graded Keys as having the best draft but predicts my team to have the best record. How does that work?

I drafted two guys who aren't supposed to do much of anything the first month of the season - Gurley and Bryant - and I'm going to get slaughtered in weeks 10 and 11 because of the bye. That said, I have an objectively great team destined to choke in the playoffs out of nowhere for no good effin' reason.

QB Sam Bradford
RB Doug Martin
RB Deangelo Williams
WR Antonio Brown
WR Calvin Johnson
TE Josh Hill
Flex Jeremy Maclin
D/ST KC
K Matt Prater

B Arian Foster
B Bishop Sankey
B Brian Quick
B Brandon Coleman
B Tevin Coleman

Keeper: Antonio Brown
You picking up McCown when Bradford gets hurt? You most likely have the best WR tandem with question marks as RBs. And QB. You think your WRs can carry the whole year?

QB R. Tannehill
RB F. Gore
RB CJ Spiller
WR O. Beckam Jr. (K)
WR J. Edelman
TE R. Gronkowski
Flex G. Olsen
K M. Crosby
Def Philly
BN D Freeman RB
BN S Vereen RB
BN D Woodhead RB
BN J Brown WR
BN B LaFell WR

I like this unit, you drafted well and if your QB plays above his ceiling I like this teams chances. You have like 5 red zone scorers ODB, Gronk, Olsen, Gore and including your QB of course, Spiller may be a huge surprise, Drew missed Sproles alot, hello Spiller, If he can stay on the field.

Freeman will be a hit.

I like this unit, you drafted well and if your QB plays above his ceiling I like this teams chances. You have like 5 red zone scorers ODB, Gronk, Olsen, Gore and including your QB of course, Spiller may be a huge surprise, Drew missed Sproles alot, hello Spiller, If he can stay on the field.

Freeman will be a hit.

You could say that about half of that roster.

You picking up McCown when Bradford gets hurt? You most likely have the best WR tandem with question marks as RBs. And QB. You think your WRs can carry the whole year?
It's ppr, so yea my WRs are going to do the heavy lifting. I'm not worried about Bradford. My WRs should produce enough of a margin to make up for my roster full of RB2s (Deangelo excluded). There's still 6-8 solid QB2s on the waiver wire. This league has a shallow bench, you can't really afford to hold a qb bench spot but that's just my take.

Last edited:
...and the annual award for first devestating injury to a key player right after the draft, aka The Len Bias, goes to @cdt for his unfortunate selection of Julius Thomas.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."