• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Tristan Thompson

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
Rich Paul is an incompetent moron.
People said the same thing last summer regarding the Eric Bledsoe situation and how he wouldn't get the contract that he was demanding. Well, Phoenix caved in and so will the Cavs.

People said the same thing last summer regarding the Eric Bledsoe situation and how he wouldn't get the contract that he was demanding. Well, Phoenix caved in and so will the Cavs.

But they have no reason to.

The Pho front office came out publicly after the Bledsoe disasterbacle and said they would gladly have offered the 5/70 day 1 but that Paul wasn't even taking their calls at the time and wasn't interested in negotiating until the last minute. He is clearly rubbing people the wrong way in the way he goes about his business.

And lets not pretend 5/70 was a big win for Bledsoe. It was FAR less than he was "demanding".

The point is, Paul isn't even negotiating because as long as there is more time he feels the team has more leverage. But once you put a clock on a team they have to start moving towards what they would be willing to keep a player. So this is going to take another month. End of story.

Last edited:

Bledsoe got offers, TT isn't getting any.

TT and his agent are as delusional as it gets,
If we got Patrick Patterson in exchange for TT that would be extremely cool.

Last edited:
Bledsoe got offers, TT isn't getting any.

TT and his agent are as delusional as it gets.

Bledsoe didn't get any offers either. He was never close to signing an offer sheet anywhere.

Its not delusional. They know Cle really does need him given the propensity of Love, AV, et al to get injured. And they know they promised LeBron (who is a UFA at the end of the season) not to cheap out. And they are the favorites to win the title; losing pieces means they could lose a real opportunty to win a title (or more). And that is a lot to hang on Griffin and Gilbert.

He is just trying to find a way to get his client more money. If he were my agent I would want him to get me more money too. Especially if I were TT and this is likely the only big pay day I would ever see. Folks around here need to calm down. It doesn't matter at all if he signs today or in a month. Have some patience and know that this WILL get done.

Another example of the Kevin Love injury costing us.

We may have won the championship if he were healthy. No way Tristan is asking for the max if Love were healthy. Tristan would have played less in the playoffs and continued to put up 8/8.

Kelly Olyf*ck the gift that keeps on giving..

TT is ranked 70th best player in the NBA as per their latest ranking. I guess 69 other player will soon be asking for the max contract too.

TT is ranked 70th best player in the NBA as per their latest ranking. I guess 69 other player will soon be asking for the max contract too.

One of those players happens to be Mozgov - and he just may demand it.

They did? Huh? They were asking for the max contract. They didn't get it.
You do realize Bledsoe's contract is an absolute bargain, especially now.

He's much, much more talented than Tristan.

Bledsoe's contract isn't exactly something to use to suggest Paul being a great agent. The Suns clearly won that deal.

If Paul played it smart, he could have gotten Bledsoe probably a max contract this year. Would have been better off signing the QO last year. Given how desperate teams like the Celtics, Knicks, and Lakers are. I have little doubt one of those teams would have offered a talented 25 year old guard, who can score, the max contact.

I remember some of us scoffing at the idea of him getting a max last year when they were asking for it. Boy, he's a bargain at the max, if Tristan could warrant it.

Another example of the Kevin Love injury costing us.

We may have won the championship if he were healthy. No way Tristan is asking for the max if Love were healthy. Tristan would have played less in the playoffs and continued to put up 8/8.

Kelly Olyf*ck the gift that keeps on giving..

Yeah, fuck him but i'm gonna be thrilled to boo the shit out of him during the season.

If Paul played it smart, he could have gotten Bledsoe probably a max contract this year. Would have been better off signing the QO last year. Given how desperate teams like the Celtics, Knicks, and Lakers are. I have little doubt one of those teams would have offered a talented 25 year old guard, who can score, the max contact.

I remember some of us scoffing at the idea of him getting a max last year when they were asking for it. Boy, he's a bargain at the max, if Tristan could warrant it.

Bingo..

I agree 100%...

Bledsoe would've been maxed out this offseason.

Bingo..

I agree 100%...

Bledsoe would've been maxed out this offseason.

He's yet to really prove himself as an agent. So maybe he's using Tristan Thompson to try to separate himself, from just being seen as a LeBron flunky.

Not even suggesting Paul isn't a smart guy, but I think his inflated ego has gotten too big for him.

If I was Tristan, I know he won't do it, I would consider cutting ties with him. Of course unless this is all just an end game, and they've already agreed they will sign back no matter what this year, and they're just trying to squeeze every last penny out of Danny (which is fine for them).

But, if there's an outside chance he really is willing to test the market with Tristan next year, and Paul is believing his own hot air at this point. I would fire him if I'm Tristan. He's going to cost him a lot of money.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."