• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Tristan Thompson

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
Of your not upset by the fact that we won't pay our hustle guy, who demoralizes the opponent with o boards, an extra 3 million a year, while disrespecting lbj who has publicly vouched for tt, than I don't see you as a real fan.

You guys deserve the lost years all over again

K

Lebron is not taking less money to go LA, where are people getting this shit from. Lebron has taking less money for the good of the team before, he's not doing it again.

It's obvious Tthompson does not want to be locked into a bench role behind Love and Mozgov long term, as he sees himself as a starter in the league. He'll do it for the extra cash, otherwise he's gone after next year.

I guess a one year contract with a player option at $13-14M per.

The "Lebron will leave if we dont resign TT" crap again? really?

First of where would he go? La? Kobe will retire after this season.. NY.. yeah.. no..
after that? who will have enough Cap to build a Cle Level Team next year?

Second.. Lebron is alot of things but he is not dumb!
If Griffin explains to him "look simillar Bigs to TT got 5/65 to 5/70 deals this summer.. we already offered him much more with 5/80 because we know his value.. but he still demands alot more..we just cant invest that money into our 6th man."

Lebron is friends with TT but not "best" friends as with Paul,Wade,Melo.. so i highly doubt he would leave just because of TT.

and its not like the Cavs would be "cheaping out" if they draw a line in the sand and say "5/80 is already a big overpay ...take it or leave it" They are willing to overpay him greatly.. yet TT still wants more.. ALOT more...

Also the Cavs have shown Lebron they wont cheap out.. resigned Love,Shump,Smith etc.. brought in Mo..

If TT really wants to play in Toronto.. Lebron knows that.. TT propably has told Lebron if its true. And then we cant force him to stay. and Lebron will be fine with that..

If its just a tactic of him an RP to squeeze a few more Millions out of the Cavs i think it will get done eventually.. they will agree on a 5/85 deal and be over with it

The "Lebron will leave if we dont resign TT" crap again? really?

First of where would he go? La? Kobe will retire after this season.. NY.. yeah.. no..
after that? who will have enough Cap to build a Cle Level Team next year?

Second.. Lebron is alot of things but he is not dumb!
If Griffin explains to him "look simillar Bigs to TT got 5/65 to 5/70 deals this summer.. we already offered him much more with 5/80 because we know his value.. but he still demands alot more..we just cant invest that money into our 6th man."

Lebron is friends with TT but not "best" friends as with Paul,Wade,Melo.. so i highly doubt he would leave just because of TT.

and its not like the Cavs would be "cheaping out" if they draw a line in the sand and say "5/80 is already a big overpay ...take it or leave it" They are willing to overpay him greatly.. yet TT still wants more.. ALOT more...

Also the Cavs have shown Lebron they wont cheap out.. resigned Love,Shump,Smith etc.. brought in Mo..

If TT really wants to play in Toronto.. Lebron knows that.. TT propably has told Lebron if its true. And then we cant force him to stay. and Lebron will be fine with that..

If its just a tactic of him an RP to squeeze a few more Millions out of the Cavs i think it will get done eventually.. they will agree on a 5/85 deal and be over with it
I think it's more his friendship with Rich Paul and how big of a game changer getting a max or close to max contract for TT would be for Paul's career and Paul's net worth. I think LeBron is friends with TT but I don't think it's a friendship that goes much beyond how he feels toward Kyrie or Shump or JR.

That said, one would think that a 5 year 80 mil deal would satisfy all parties involved and I don't see how LeBron could feel "disrespected" by the Cavs if TT is offered that amount or even anything close to that.

It's an unfortunate conflict of interest, because I think normally LeBron would at least privately root for players to be signed on modest deals so that a stronger team could be assembled, a la the Spurs.

The only thing lacking on LeBron's resume is championships, and paying role players max contracts isn't the pathway to those. In this case, I think he's letting his friendship with Rich Paul get in the way of what is logical.

It's obvious Tthompson does not want to be locked into a bench role behind Love and Mozgov long term, as he sees himself as a starter in the league. He'll do it for the extra cash, otherwise he's gone after next year.

I guess a one year contract with a player option at $13-14M per.

Out of all the scenarios I've seen, this is the least likely. There is utterly no reason for the Cavs to do this.

Out of all the scenarios I've seen, this is the least likely. There is utterly no reason for the Cavs to do this.

If long term deal is not an option, and we offer only the qualifying offer, we risk that another team offers TT more than that, isn't that so?

If long term deal is not an option, and we offer only the qualifying offer, we risk that another team offers TT more than that, isn't that so?

You risk the exact same thing by giving TT a player option after one season.

If TT, by some miracle, shows that he's worth his 13 million pricetag, he goes into FA and gets a bigger contract with a bigger number attached.

If TT doesn't, he opts in for one year, and you have to do all of this again twelve months later.

TT either signs long term or signs the QO. There really isn't much gray area here.

Of your not upset by the fact that we won't pay our hustle guy, who demoralizes the opponent with o boards, an extra 3 million a year, while disrespecting lbj who has publicly vouched for tt, than I don't see you as a real fan.

You guys deserve the lost years all over again

I mean seriously, wtf is this shit? First, if you're going to make ridiculous posts, at least spell things correctly.

Second, you're acting like we're being cheap with TT. WE ARE ALREADY WILLING TO OVERPAY. You act like 3 million a year is chump change. This will affect our ability to bring in talent for YEARS.

What is more disrespectful to LBJ, not giving his friend an asinine contract, or fielding a shit team that relies on LBJ to do everything at 33 years old?

As if Lebron doesn't disrespect the organization left and right anyways :chuckle:

Not a real fan? FOH with that. How can you be a fan of someone who doesn't want to get paid 16 million dollars per year to play on one of the greatest teams of all time?

Why was Miami successful? Because they didn't bend to Lebron's demands all the time and actually made him act like a real adult.

I'm really, really hoping you're joking with this opinion though.

[
LA is a good choice.

Team him up with Kobe for one last hurrah.. LBJ takes less money because he can make it up in sales revenue.

sorry guys, doesnt look like we wanna pay TT and being cheap is gonna bring us right back to 2009.

How exactly do you things going that result in LBJ leaving? I can see two possible scenarios as that relates to TT..

1) The Cavs cheap out, and TT leaves next year because someone else offers more than the Cavs are willing to pay. I could see the potential for LBJ leaving then if the Cavs lose TT and don't get an equivalent replacement.

But if LBJ felt that way, don't you think he'd tell the Cavs that before they cheaped out? All he would have to do is delay his own signing until TT and Moz are re-signed (which seems like exactly what he'll do) and tell the Cavs that if TT walks because the Cavs won't match another offer, LBJ himself will leave.

Do you think that when faced with that choice, DG will let LBJ walk because he won't match TT's offer? I don't.

2) The Cavs match or exceed any offer TT gets, but TT leaves anyway. Very unlikely, but possible. Do you really think LBJ walks under that scenario?

I don't. We would still have a great team, and punishing the team and city even though they made the best offer would seem not only dumb, but completely petty. My guess is he'd be more pissed at TT than the Cavs at that point.

Last edited:
What in thee fuck is going on in this thread?

I could never be a mod because I'd be banning people justifying a 94 million dollar contract for tristan damn thompson. He doesn't deserve the 80m being offered.

Rich Paul and TT know the aren't getting max they're jut doing what they can to maximize the dollar amount . Paul did the same thing with Bledsoe last summer.

A bad agent would of persuaded bledsoe to sign at the first offer.

Paul isnt doing anything different than fegan had been doing for years. Once Paul is established and shown his commitment. teams will be less likely to lowball his clients.

You are completely wrong about this. Fegan has never held a FA into September. In fact, the only two big time FAs that have in my memory are Bledsoe and Tris. Which is essentially the roster of Rich Paul's client list. There are reasons teams want to be whole by the end of July. They have marketing plans to develop, merchandising to be done, etc. You don't get 18,000 bobbleheads and 100 foot banners over night. Everyone else respects this and can find a way to come to mutually beneficial agreements in days rather than months.

Furthermore, Phoenix blasted him saying that they didn't even hear another offer besides "Max" for months and that they would have given him the 5/70 on day 1 had he asked for it. Thats not negotiating. Thats leveraging teams for their timetables and no one else has ever done it. Its off the table everywhere else.

Eventually he is going to find a team that just pulls its offer because it finds more value in a QO. There are no other real risk as most teams don't have the requisite space to make an offer than puts any real pressure on the front office. The only thing that stops Cle from doing just that is the promise they made LeBron last year. Which is why I said RP is going to find this a lot more difficult without the most influential player of the last 20+ years aiding him.

You are completely wrong about this. Fegan has never held a FA into September. In fact, the only two big time FAs that have in my memory are Bledsoe and Tris. Which is essentially the roster of Rich Paul's client list. There are reasons teams want to be whole by the end of July. They have marketing plans to order, merchandising to be done, etc. You don't get 18,000 bobbleheads and 100 foot banners over night. Everyone else respects this and can find a way to come to mutually beneficial agreements in days rather than months.

Furthermore, Phoenix blasted him saying that they didn't even hear another offer besides "Max" for months and that they would have given him the 5/70 on day 1 had he asked for it. Thats not negotiating. Thats leveraging teams for their timetables and no one else has ever done it. Its off the table everywhere else.

Eventually he is going to find a team that just pulls its offer because it finds more value in a QO. There are no other real risk as most teams don't have the requisite space to make an offer than puts any real pressure on the front office. The only thing that stops Cle from doing just that is the promise they made LeBron last year. Which is why I said RP is going to find this a lot more difficult without the most influential player of the last 20+ years aiding him.

Various NBA reporters/talking heads earlier this summer cited "sources" who said that LBJ wouldn't sign his deal until TT signed his own long-term deal. I think it's pretty apparant that those "sources" were just Rich Paul trying to create leverage for TT. Talking heads found him credible because he also represented LBJ.

And then out of nowhere, the Cavs announced that they'd re-signed LBJ. Oops.

Those who claim that LBJ is going to walk if the Cavs don't do Paul a solid by paying TT above market rates should consider the message LBJ sent by re-signing. If LBJ truly wanted to pressure the Cavs into overpaying TT, he could have done so very easily simply by refusing to sign until TT had his deal.

But that's not what he did. Signing as early as he did actually undercut Paul's effort to tie TT's contract to LBJ's. LBJ is a very smart guy, and knew exactly what message that would send.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."