• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

The 2015 Cleveland Indians

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
Maybe to see what he has for next season. Perhaps we can have more good luck turning a starter into a reliever like we did with McAllister.

Or maybe to replace Bauer this year. :chuckle:

http://tribevibe.mlblogs.com/2015/0...pot-defensive-player-of-the-month-for-august/

Lonnie Chisenhall named ESPN’s SweetSpot Defensive Player of the Month for August

-----------------------------------

Not a fan of that Big Lon nickname. Hopefully he keeps it up this month after slumping a little at the plate the last few games.

So Lindor has now passed Correa in fWAR and is leading all AL rookies...hope he has a big September, would love to see him come away with some hardware (anyone know if we have ever had a ROTY?)...unfortunately voters are more into the glamour stats, so Correa and his HRs and lesser all-around impact will probably win regardless.

So Lindor has now passed Correa in fWAR and is leading all AL rookies...hope he has a big September, would love to see him come away with some hardware (anyone know if we have ever had a ROTY?)...unfortunately voters are more into the glamour stats, so Correa and his HRs and lesser all-around impact will probably win regardless.

Joe Charbonue in 1980 was ROTY, correct? Then fell off the earth.

Herb Score 1955
Chris Chambliss 1971
Joe Charboneau 1980
Sandy Alomar 1990

There were also 2 other "should've been" ROY winners, when Bob Hamelin bested Manny in '94 and Pat Listach bested Lofton in '91

Herb Score 1955
Chris Chambliss 1971
Joe Charboneau 1980
Sandy Alomar 1990

There were also 2 other "should've been" ROY winners, when Bob Hamelin bested Manny in '94 and Pat Listach bested Lofton in '91

We might have to add another "should've been" this year too. Appreciate the list, can't believe I forgot Sandy was ROTY.

Crazy to see the Indians closer to a Wildcard berth than the Nationals and Giants.

I realize those teams both currently have better records than us, I just meant relative to the fact they both have top 5 payrolls in MLB.

We might have to add another "should've been" this year too. Appreciate the list, can't believe I forgot Sandy was ROTY.

Didn't Jody Gerut have an unbelievable second half in 2003 and ended up a ROY finalist?

Payroll is the single greatest predictor of playoff qualification.

A few games ago Francisco Lindor passed Carlos Correa for the WAR lead among all AL rookies, hitters and pitchers, and he still owns that lead. After that occurrence, a ? came about how Lindor's defense could trump the apparent large gap between his and Correa's offense, and is his defense that much more valuable than Correa's offense.

Well, ladies and germs, those offensive stats, and that supposed large gap, keep getting closer and closer to each other.

Lindor: .309/.347/.458, 122 wRC+
Correa: .273/.339/.500, 131 wRC+

Is that slight gap that currently exists in their most meaningful advanced offensive stats enough to overcome Lindor's superior, and I mean really superior, defense compared to Correa? I don't think it is...SS is one of the premier defensive positions in the game, along with CF and C.

Now, how did Lindor catch up to Correa at the dish? Well, lets take a look at how special he has been on offense recently.

Since the 2nd half of the season started, 50 GP for Lindor and 45 for Correa, their offensive stats look like this:

Lindor: .347/.387/.508, 147 wRC+ (not sure today's game is included in these stats, so these #s could be higher believe it or not)
Correa: .278/.364/.506, 140 wRC+

If he keeps this up I see no reason why he won't make the race for AL ROY extremely tight, between him, Correa, and Miguel Sano as well, unless they decide team success is a factor, which is a bit unfair considering how much better we have been as a team since Lindor has been brought up. Still, regardless of the outcome, we have a special, special talent on our hands...maybe the first legit "face of the franchise" guy we've had since Grady in mid 2000s.

Despite the slight differences in WAR, I'm still inclined to give the award to Correa.

Lindor has made himself one hell of a case, to be sure.

I still do value the success of the team in some respects, and the fact Correa has been their 3 hitter for the majority of the year and provided the impact he has is the only advantage IMO.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-14: "Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:14: " Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey."