• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Draftkings/Fanduel Thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rookie

Sixth Man
Reaction score
Anyone use either of these sites, and which do you prefer?

I've never used DraftKings before, but I've heard good things.

I use FanDuel all the time and I couldn't be happier with it. I like the layout of the app a lot, it's really user friendly.

I've never used DraftKings before, but I've heard good things.

I use FanDuel all the time and I couldn't be happier with it. I like the layout of the app a lot, it's really user friendly.
Is the payout a scam? Like, is it actually possible to make money on it?

I've been playing draftkings golf for like 5 weeks now and have won a few bucks each week. Enough to let me get into a few football things this week. It's pretty cool...

I generally just put $5-20 in and play for fun. I am not one of those crazy people who get in the $50/100 tournaments b/c you beat your buddies in fantasy every year in your worker league. People quit their jobs and do this for a living. They gamble 4, 5, 6 digit dollars a day on these sites. They are considered "professionals" b/c of their bankroll and stats they use to determine the best possible scenarios to win b/c they have so many lineups.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...ey-playing-daily-fantasy-football?cmpid=twtr1

If you are thinking about putting hundreds of $ you don't really have to spend onto this b/c they "match your bet".... (which also has fine print. You don't get that money right away, you get $1 for every 100 "points" you get on that site for winning/placing in leagues. So don't expect to deposit $50 and have $100 to spend.)

....then read that article. last year I put in $10 on FanDuel, got it up to $100 then thought, "hey shit, I have been doing good, I can win a shit ton more!" and lost it all in 1 week.

I of course got in it again but only put $5. If I lose it, I lose it and I am done.

Good luck!

Better alternative:
  1. place money in paper bag.
  2. Light on fire.
  3. Delete app from phone/iPad.
  4. Get a better hobby.
No seriously, if you are going to gamble, at least be rational and pick something where you have the best odds. Winning this stuff gets harder the more 'whales' you have entering it. Just go play craps or something.

Somebody else will always have the better group of players.

Draftkings doesn't use kickers. That alone makes it better.

A lot of Pats/Steelers in one of the .25 GPP I'm in. I only had Gronk (~25%) and Deangelo (~7.5% ownership rate). I have ~50 points currently. 1st has 173 with only a Def left.

I'm on DraftKings for the Millionaire Maker week 1, after I don't win anything from it I don't know if I'll play again.

For anyone interested, here's a reddit AMA with some guy who made $1m on DraftKings: https://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/2t6qcv/iama_draftkings_millionaire_ama/ He said he has $50k in play every week for NFL, so basically he puts a ton of entries in with slightly different lineups which pretty much guarantees he wins something.

Coming in the top 25% of all entries doesn't seem hard until you realize there are probably a lot of guys like this guy who have like 500 slightly different lineups.

Just realize you are going up against Wall Street quant types who have PhDs in mathematics or computer science, and sometimes both. Winning has far more to do with understanding market exploits and working spreadsheets/data tables than knowledge of football. It's only a matter of time for the government to step in and regulate because it's hard to distinguish from gambling.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."