• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Wine and Gold Scrimmage | Cavaliers @ Cavaliers | October 5th, 2015 | 7:00pm EDT

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Douglar

Intentionally Grounded
Staff member
Reaction score
It's sort of like pre-preseason everybody. And it's already here. At the Quicken Loan Arena this year so that the players don't slip on a wet floor.

Cavs will likely stream the game from their website. Discounted beer, soda & concessions if you attend in person.

The Cavs have 13 players under contract, but I don't think we'll see more than 10 of those guys suit up. I know the coach said not to focus on who doesn't play, but that's exactly what everyone is going to be watching.

Pretty sure these three guys that won't play:
Kyrie Irving:
16552147-mmmain.thumbnail.jpg
Kevin Love:
kevin-love-shoulder.jpg
Iman Shumpert
images

Expected Team Captains:
23 - LeBron James - F age:30.8
17 - Anderson Varejao - F/C age:33.0​

The other 8 starters:
52 - Mo "Ole' Hairy Shoulders" Williams - G age:32.8
8 - Matthew "the Caffeinated Aussie" Dellavedova - G age:25.1
12 - Joe "Capt. America" Harris - G age:24.1
5 - J.R. "Mr Emotional" Smith - G/F age:30.1
1 - James "Still not the oldest guy on the team" Jones - G/F age:35.0
24 - Richard "Insanely Optimistic" Jefferson - F age:35.3
20 - Timofey "Russian Center #1" Mozgov - C age:29.2
14 - Sasha "Russian Center #2" Kaun - C age:30.4​

The scrubs / I mean the warm bodies / I mean future Canton residents / I mean the training camp invites:
3 Quinn Cook - G age: 22.5 - Rookie - Undrafted 2015
9 Jared Cunningham - G age: 24.4 - 4th year vet - 24th pick 2012
30 D.J. Stephens - G age: 24.8 - 2nd year vet - Undrafted 2013
15 Austin Daye - F age: 27.3 - 7th year vet - 15th pick 2009
41 Nick Minnerath - F age: 27.1 - Rookie - Undrafted 2013
?? Michael Dunigan - F/C age: 26.3 - Rookie - Undrafted 2011
21 Chris Johnson - C age: 30.2 - 4th year vet - Undrafted 2009​

Two of those guys have a chance to stick with the team if the Thompson holdout continues. I'd guess the selection process has more to do with the Cavs injuries than it does talent. If that's true, then Daye & Cook have the inside track, but it's also possible that the Cavs just leave the spots open and save money; like more money than the collected annual salary of everyone who reads this post. All of these guys would count the same against the luxury tax - $845,059. So it doesn't look good. If the Cavs wanted a 14th man, they could have saved about $1 Mil by signing Sir'Dominic, since he could have counted as a min salary rookie against the tax because the Cavs drafted him. So I don't have any idea what is going on there other than it looks like Sir'Dominic doesn't want to be with the team or the Cavs don't want to fill out their roster yet.

p.s. Did they think Tristan would be signed by now or did someone just forget to give Michael Dunigan a number?

Here's some photos to help you identify these guys:

Quinn Cook looks like Anime with attitude:
Quinn+Cook+8JNRgFykLMSm.jpg

Jared Cunningham looks like he's going to church:
i

D.J. "Mr. Rim Kisser" Stephens:
DJ-Stephens-Kissing-the-Rim.jpg

Austin Daye, this is the picture you find when you search for "NBA Journeyman":
i

Nick Minnerath appears to be aspiring to be a Monochrome Birdman:
scale.php

Michael Dunigan got rewarded for playing with the Charge:
461692592-michael-dunigan-of-the-canton-charge-drives-gettyimages.jpg

Chris Johnson or Young Al Jefferson?:
Chris-Johnson.jpg

Last edited:
I'm going. Can't wait to be back in the Q, been waiting for this all summer since it means the regular season is almost here and basketball is back. :)

I'm guessing the Cavs will have a stream for this?

Went last year and it was fun, but of course you had the excitement of it being LeBron's first time back at The Q as a Cav and getting to see him in the Wine & Gold again. Most likely will be going again tomorrow. Hope that LeBron does play in it and I hope there aren't as many people as last year because we had to stand in line for about an hour and a half before the gates opened so that we could get good seats.

I'm actually waiting to see Daye and Stephens. Hope at least one of them makes the team. Seem like good players.

Anyway, it is SUPER exciting to be seeing some Cavs bball finally.

Does anyone have tickets they would be willing to give up? I'd love to go watch the scrimmage.

Not down with it still being moved from Akron. I'm up usually up there anyway but not today. :fight (9):

So someone slipped on a wet patch once at the JAR...I don't know...mop it up...?

I'm curious if this will be able to be replayed. I can't remember last year if they left a link to replay the scrimmage on the website or if you had to watch it live to see it?

I think last year it was archived as I watched it and due to time zones that would have to be after the event.

Not down with it still being moved from Akron. I'm up usually up there anyway but not today. :fight (9):

So someone slipped on a wet patch once at the JAR...I don't know...mop it up...?
I think it was Baldwin Wallace where they slipped. It was the Bynum year, and it was only open to Military

They honestly need to do more with the Youngstown market. Host something at the Beeghly Center or the Covelli Centre.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."