• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

2015 Season Finale -|- Indians vs. Red Sox -|- October 2nd, 3rd, and 4th

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
You guys are giving up and shit, we're still just 4.5 back

You guys are giving up and shit, we're still just 4.5 back
Does anyone know what the rules say if, for example, a team has to forfeit their playoff position before the playoffs? If the next team in line goes, I just might be able to find some Twins-Angels corked bats, team-logoed syringes or under-inflated baseballs or something...

Three consecutive winning seasons was once this boards number one arbitrary goal for seeing the fans come back.

Anxious to see the sell-out streak get going again next year.
The ways folks will twist it so this isn't a positive will be on par with the complaining about how Josh McCown is playing too well...

I am happy we finished with a winning record. I think it's good for the young guys. We have pitching, we have Lindor, Brantley, Kipnis. Some reasons to be excited for next season.

Three consecutive winning seasons was once this boards number one arbitrary goal for seeing the fans come back.

Anxious to see the sell-out streak get going again next year.

Playoffs.

They haven't made the playoffs in any of their barely above .500 winning seasons.

Play-in games don't count.

There is promise for next year though. Lot of talent both pitching and hitting. No clue where they're going to find more power, but they can certainly use it.

If they make the real playoffs next year and attendance starts out shitty in April 2017, I won't be surprised. But it would be less understandable than ngaf about these .500 teams.

Playoffs.

They haven't made the playoffs in any of their barely above .500 winning seasons.

Play-in games don't count.

There is promise for next year though. Lot of talent both pitching and hitting. No clue where they're going to find more power, but they can certainly use it.

If they make the real playoffs next year and attendance starts out shitty in April 2017, I won't be surprised. But it would be less understandable than ngaf about these .500 teams.

Hahaha at being the #1 Wild Card spot in 2013 not being a playoff appearance...just terrible logic.

And didn't you predict a 60 win season?

Divisional round doesn't count either.

Or any other series that doesn't include the World Series.

Even if you count the Wild Card Game it doesn't really satisfy any sort of postseason hunger. Shitting down your leg in that game doesn't help the case at all, either.

Nevertheless...I'm going to get sucked in for next year by this second half theatrical display they put on, just like they do every year, and I end up looking forward to baseball. By May, hopefully I haven't remembered why the season is such a drag.

Do you consider a one game play-in loss to be as significant and entertaining as being in a playoff series?

I predicted 78-81.

Any game that is played after game 162 that isn't a tiebreaker is entertaining, and a playoff game in my eyes. You have to be a simpleminded ass not to see it as that, especially when dealing with a franchise whose appearances after game 162 are sporadic and limited.

And this is part of why I will never take you as a poster seriously:

In the 2015 Indians thread in December...lying ass...your bullshit 78-81 prediction is also 3 games short...

Last edited:
Even if you count the Wild Card Game it doesn't really satisfy any sort of postseason hunger. Shitting down your leg in that game doesn't help the case at all, either.

Nevertheless...I'm going to get sucked in for next year by this second half theatrical display they put on, just like they do every year, and I end up looking forward to baseball. By May, hopefully I haven't remembered why the season is such a drag.
So if by some miracle the Brownsake the playoffs any time soon but lose first round, then it didn't count? It's only one game, you know.

So if by some miracle the Brownsake the playoffs any time soon but lose first round, then it didn't count? It's only one game, you know.

Totally different scenarios.

Because people actually like the Browns.

And this is part of why I will never take you as a poster seriously

Ouch. By saying, "part of," you intentionally leave the mind to wander as to what other reasons might lead you to never take me seriously as a poster.

Are there more than 5 or 6?

In the 2015 Indians thread in December...lying ass...your bullshit 78-81 prediction is also 3 games short...

You took my prediction out of context.

The Browns are literally the worst franchise in sports. I'd love to see people re-allocate their sports ticket budget from the Browns to the Indians.

And I say that as someone who finds MLB to be incredibly boring up until the playoffs.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."