• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

David Blatt is a former NBA coach

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just my take, but JR Smith proved last year that he's a pretty decent on ball defender. I won't lie, I was surprised how well he kept guys in front of him who were clearly faster/quicker.

His problem doesn't seem imo to be engagement on-ball, so much as off-the-ball, where he has a tendency to lose attentiveness. Not really will, so much as distraction. Not sure he can do much about that short of ritalin. If anyone on the team is ADHD it's JR.

Yeah I agree, he is either ball watching or completely zones out at times on D.

Lloyd is the ultimate cunt. So many of the media tools got butthurt when blatt would stick up for himself. They literally called for his job most of the season and even after the finals run. It's not like the media was nice to blatt and he was just some asshole. " I'm going to write 500 articles about how much you suck and should lose your job, but I demand 100% respect from you. No smart ass answers to questions."

These poor cleveland reporters got their fee fees hurt when a guy showed backbone in the face of insane criticism.

Chris Fedor was the absolute worst but Lloyd was a close second.

From the looks of Lloyd this year, he's been challenging windhorst to donut eating contests in the off season. Guy needs to leave blatt alone and worry about his health.

I think he will this season after getting the lay of the land w/ the refs the first go around. He'll pick his spots but just based on his demeanor in the EuroLeague as a HC, it'll happen.

I'm trying to imagine what the Media reaction would have been Blatt been Double-t'd out of a game last year, especially when things weren't going so well at the beginning of the year. Lloyd would have been beside himself and Windy would have spontaneously combusted in a fire of sanctimony, causing a FEMA-scale scorched earth.

What I pray we see is Blatt working the refs more. It's ok to get a technical every now and then to defend your guys.

I think he will this season after getting the lay of the land w/ the refs the first go around. He'll pick his spots but just based on his demeanor in the EuroLeague as a HC, it'll happen.

I'm trying to imagine what the Media reaction would have been Blatt been Double-t'd out of a game last year, especially when things weren't going so well at the beginning of the year. Lloyd would have been beside himself and Windy would have spontaneously combusted in a fire of sanctimony, causing a FEMA-scale scorched earth.

I really really hope he does, the refs screwed us so bad last year especially in the Finals, the countless dirty & illegal screens by Green and Bogut that happened almost every single play, that bullshit call on mozgod that cost us game 1 and countless other bullshit calls I remember, I think Blatt is starting to understand that he has to stand up to the refs in order protect the team and the guys, I wouldn't mind if he goes full Pop on them and gets ejected a couple of times so the refs will get the message.

Also even though I hate it, the best way to deal with horrible officiating especially in the playoffs, is to harshly criticize the refs in the media after games.

I have yet to see a reasonable explanation as to how exactly does a technical to the head coach make officials suddenly start calling the game differently?
You would think that if a ref is biased against us, double t-ing the HC would just be another call to push his will on the game.

How will Blatt getting a T affect the ref's decisions exactly?

I have yet to see a reasonable explanation as to how exactly does a technical to the head coach make officials suddenly start calling the game differently?
You would think that if a ref is biased against us, double t-ing the HC would just be another call to push his will on the game.

I think the argument is more that if he picks up a few technicals it shows the refs that he will stand by his team, not going to take the proverbial crap....

This won't necessarily change calls in the same game, but over time refs may respect his presence. My view last year was that a lot of calls were left for some reason, e.g. the Isaiah Thomas no-call in game 4 of the 1st round, and Blatt didn't hold any standing. The more time he spends on the sideline, the less bulls**t we get from the refs. Maybe i'm biased, maybe i'm not, but there were so many missed calls in the finals last year if you were left with any hair it was a miracle (oh the illegal screens and holds....:bs:). thats just my view at least

Players want to see fire from their Head Coaches, that they care about the game and can watch their backs on their behalf in regards to the refs.

I can't stand coaches who look like they just don't give a shit on the sidelines, or try to mask apathy for gravitas. Like this guy:

Scott_Fired.jpg

It's groupthink. I want a coach that's even keel and knows well get it back next time.

How does getting a T is "watching their backs"?
Getting ejected from a game and losing it is watching the players' back?

It's all a bunch of bull.

It sends a message to the ref's and usually changes the way they call the games against us in the future, its extremely important especially when you have a valid point IE: Illegal Dirty Moving screens(Warriors bread and butter), Verticality Rule ect....)

If you say nothing and do nothing the refs will not change, so yes it is extremely important to make a stand when you need to.

obviously if the game is being called fairly which most times it is, there is no need to say anything, but when a guy like tony brothers is standing 1 feet away from a blatant foul and does nothing, you go off on him so in the future he will make the correct call.

Last edited:
Also if he were to get ejected there is a ton of experience on the bench to support Lue

It has been shown especially in the playoffs that a coach making a point can have a positive effect in a series

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."