• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

2015 Game #6 -|- #1 Ohio State vs. Maryland -|- October 10th, 2015 @ 12 PM

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Game Outcome?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Stark

The Winds of Winter
Reaction score
225px-big_ten_conference_logo.png

2015 Season Game #6

$(KGrHqZ,!jYE5,i+d)s-BOf2ws,UTg~~60_35.JPG
Maryland+Terps+2.gif

#1 Ohio State Buckeyes (5-0) vs. Maryland Terrapins (2-3)
Ohio State HC: Urban Meyer (147-26)
Maryland HC: Randy Edsall (22-33)

Saturday, October 10th, 2015 @ 12:00 PM EST on ABC/ESPN2
Live from Ohio Stadium in Columbus, Ohio

stadium-day-800x325.jpg

Key Positional Matchups

Ezekiel Elliott - Ohio State RB

hi-res-d56cc81292d54006b145a7590bdd344b_crop_exact.jpg

Brandon Ross - Maryland RB
7640452.jpg

Vonn Bell - Ohio State FS
smg20141108jlabc240.jpg

Anthony Nixon - Maryland FS

anthony-nixon-j.t.-barrett-ncaa-football-ohio-state-maryland-850x560.jpg

SCORE PREDICTION: Ohio State 42 Maryland 17

Expecting most of the team to be hungover for this one.

Ohio State 41
Maryland 21

28-21, Ohio State.

wtf knows with this team this year?

If Maryland puts up 20+ on this team, I'll officially be concerned.

This should be a blowout. They can't pass worth shit. Stack the line, stop their mediocre running game. Do whatever you want on offense, their defense is garbage.

Do I think we will cover the spread? Probably not, because we hardly ever do. But we should win by the spread, at least. And keep them below 13pts.

Are they worse than last year?

Are they worse than last year?

From the same time last year, slightly worse.

Averaging EXACTLY the same yards per play at this point last year. Defense is much better.

It's probably homer glasses, but I see a benefit to struggling against sub par teams early in the season. This team needs a wake up call. They're too talented to be struggling like they have. At some point, they need to get back that hunger to work hard between each game and take preparation seriously. I think being told they were best in the country bar none was bad for this team, they have nothing to prove.

Hopefully they don't need to lose a game to get motivated. Hopefully an embarrassing win against a poor Indiana team is enough to get these guys to show up Monday-Thursday and take this week seriously. At some point, they need to start working again. You can rest assured Michigan has been busting ass to bring it against the Buckeyes after Thanksgiving.

It's probably homer glasses, but I see a benefit to struggling against sub par teams early in the season. This team needs a wake up call. They're too talented to be struggling like they have. At some point, they need to get back that hunger to work hard between each game and take preparation seriously. I think being told they were best in the country bar none was bad for this team, they have nothing to prove.

Hopefully they don't need to lose a game to get motivated. Hopefully an embarrassing win against a poor Indiana team is enough to get these guys to show up Monday-Thursday and take this week seriously. At some point, they need to start working again. You can rest assured Michigan has been busting ass to bring it against the Buckeyes after Thanksgiving.

This is pretty much how I look at it too. If we don't get better, forget the playoffs, because we just aren't that good, right now. If our defense gets any better, then we'll be in every game. We all know that the real disappointment is the offense. With just that OL, Zeke, and any of our 3 quarterbacks, we should be scoring a bit more. The reasons are well-known, but one thing that I will add is that they've changed the rules regarding how fast you can run plays. They'll have a ref wait with the ball until a certain point (? back judge set?) and then spot the ball and allow you to hike it. So you can still hurry up and keep the same defenders trapped on the field, but the blur-speed offenses have been slowed, it seems.

Time for Cardale to have a game where he doesn't throw an INT. This is another really bad team. No reason to be turning the ball over against them.

Not relevant to anything but those red Maryland pants are very flattering on that DB in the bottom picture. He would probably benefit from an Ezekiel Elliot-like crop top.

Not surprised by that rumor at all. Edsall is awful. Makes me wonder if the team will come out fighting for him or if they'll lay down completely. I guess in 48 hours we'll know.

Firing Ralph Friedgen for Randy Edsall was always sort of odd to me. Especially the shady way that they did it. Friedgen was a good coach for them. In 10 seasons I believe he was well over .500 both overall and in conference. Finished 4 of his 10 seasons ranked at the end of the season. He took Maryland to a couple big bowl games, including a BCS game. I know most of his success was early there, but at least the program wasn't a bottom feeder like it is now.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."