• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Wine and Gold Scrimmage | Cavaliers @ Cavaliers | October 5th, 2015 | 7:00pm EDT

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
I will say that Lebrons jumper looked a lot better, which is a relief. I hope he can get back to his previous focus on insane efficiency.

Mo looked in regular season form, with moz at the opposite end of the spectrum. The offense was not as disciplined as i expected but maybe they were given instructions to just go up and down after an technical session in the morning. Most of the scrubs looked like decent scrubs and the 15th spot will go to whichever one impresses the most and will sign the most team friendly deal so the cavs can generate a roster spot at a moments notice leading up to the deadline

I was really surprised at the amount of passes. Usually you get some really poor passing once the starters sit.

I love ball movement, and it was really hampered in the postseason largely due to injury. If they can be that team that moves the ball, I don't think anyone could stop them.

Well all 7 guys are on non-guaranteed contracts already, so prior to January 10th they can all be waived at a moments notice without it effecting the Cavs cap or tax situation.

Not sure if that's exactly right. Here is what I remember about training camp--

1) Some of the camp guys are on non-guaranteed contracts, but some might be on "summer" contracts. Summer contracts end before the season starts and they don't count against the tax or the cap.

2) Cavs have to get down to 15 guys before the season starts. This year's rules say that the last 4 guys waived can go directly to Canton and bypass the d-league draft.

3) The guys on the non-guaranteed contracts will get a perdiem + travel if they have been in the league for less than 3 seasons. They will also get camp compensation of about $2k a week. http://hoopshype.com/2015/08/02/the-life-of-the-non-guaranteed-player/

4) Many players may have a small guaranteed sweetener. The non-guaranteed portion of the contracts no longer count against the salary cap when the players are waived, regardless how much salary they have earned.

5) However the money that they earn before they got waived will counts against the luxury tax, and it the salary is less than the second year vet minimum, is pro-rated up to the second year vet minimum unless the player was drafted by the Cavs.

Does that sound about right?

Not sure if that's exactly right. Here is what I remember about training camp--

1) Some of the camp guys are on non-guaranteed contracts, but some might be on "summer" contracts. Summer contracts end before the season starts and they don't count against the tax or the cap.

2) Cavs have to get down to 15 guys before the season starts. This year's rules say that the last 4 guys waived can go directly to Canton and bypass the d-league draft.

3) The guys on the non-guaranteed contracts will get a perdiem + travel if they have been in the league for less than 3 seasons. They will also get camp compensation of about $2k a week. http://hoopshype.com/2015/08/02/the-life-of-the-non-guaranteed-player/

4) Many players may have a small guaranteed sweetener. The non-guaranteed portion of the contracts no longer count against the salary cap when the players are waived, regardless how much salary they have earned.

5) However the money that they earn before they got waived will counts against the luxury tax, and it the salary is less than the second year vet minimum, is pro-rated up to the second year vet minimum unless the player was drafted by the Cavs.

Does that sound about right?
1) I'm not really sure who is on a non-guarantee and who is on a summer deal but basketball insiders just had them all listed as non-guaranteed contracts.

2) Yeah affiliate players, I know we did that with Holt and Crawford last season but we only carried 18 last season and not the full 20 for camp.

3) Have to trust the link on that one, idk much about the specifics honestly.

4) This sounds about right, I think Crawford had some amount like $25k last season.

5) I didn't know about this, as far the luxury tax but it makes sense.

All I know is non-guaranteed contracts don't become fully guaranteed until January 10th so Cook, Cunningham, Daye, Johnson, Stephens, Dunigan and Minnerath if any of them or a couple of them make the 15 man roster can all be waived prior to that deadline without it hurting our cap which gives us their roster spot too.

I will say that Lebrons jumper looked a lot better, which is a relief. I hope he can get back to his previous focus on insane efficiency.

It would be typical Lebron if he worked insanly hard on his jumper over the offseason. Lebron is just like that. He knows better than all of us that his jumper while ok during the RS totally abandoned him during the Playoffs.

That deep three he hit early i was like "YES".. he didnt have that range most of last season.

I can see Lebron getting back to at least his "lower" Heat efficiency.

I would say 52%fg with 37% from three and 78% FT are absolutly possible.
And if he could at least keep his jumper from totally failing in the Playoffs it would be great for us.

Alot of people are overreacting to last years playoffs acting like Lebron could never shoot in the first place and that last playoffs is the norm now.

let opponents start to disrespect Lebrons jumper. they will pay dearly.

It would be typical Lebron if he worked insanly hard on his jumper over the offseason. Lebron is just like that. He knows better than all of us that his jumper while ok during the RS totally abandoned him during the Playoffs.

That deep three he hit early i was like "YES".. he didnt have that range most of last season.

I can see Lebron getting back to at least his "lower" Heat efficiency.

I would say 52%fg with 37% from three and 78% FT are absolutly possible.
And if he could at least keep his jumper from totally failing in the Playoffs it would be great for us.

Alot of people are overreacting to last years playoffs acting like Lebron could never shoot in the first place and that last playoffs is the norm now.

let opponents start to disrespect Lebrons jumper. they will pay dearly.

Damon Jones is lebrons shooting buddy and he did a terrible job. He should be fired.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."