• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

#77, Duke Johnson, RB, Miami

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
We finally got a good heaping spoonful of Poop Dick against Tennessee. The Crow still out-touched him 15-12. Crowell also outcarried him 4.8 yards per against Johnson's 3.6.

Any impressions on Duke, especially where you see this committee heading throughout the season?

I don't see him as a full-time back.

Need to get him the ball more in the open field.

We finally got a good heaping spoonful of Poop Dick against Tennessee. The Crow still out-touched him 15-12. Crowell also outcarried him 4.8 yards per against Johnson's 3.6.

Any impressions on Duke, especially where you see this committee heading throughout the season?

You see potential for P. Dick to get chunks of yards and he had a few solid gains against Tennessee, but it lacked consistency. I also expected to see him catch a few more passes by now, but I get that his development curve is still in it's infancy. I think he'll benefit immensely if/when the line starts working harmoniously and when Crowell is working more steadily. It should allow Poop to be utilized in passing situations more.

I do agree play calling has a lot to do with Duke's effectiveness, I only remember one attempted pass from Manziel to a running back the whole game. Going into the season, I was expecting Flip to utilize running backs as pass catchers a lot more. That was the buzz out of training camp. I'm guessing they are still figuring out how to keep the quarterback upright as task #1, and that means keeping backs in to pick up the blitz. I do wonder what you guys saw out of his running compared to Crow.

I think Duke is faster and more explosive than Crowell, but one thing I've noticed that really bugs me is how easily Duke seems to go down.

If you can get an arm on him, he's pretty much stopped.

Crowell's problems seem to stem more from hesitation behind the line/vision issues, whereas Duke just doesn't seem to run with strength.

I think Duke is faster and more explosive than Crowell, but one thing I've noticed that really bugs me is how easily Duke seems to go down.

If you can get an arm on him, he's pretty much stopped.

Crowell's problems seem to stem more from hesitation behind the line/vision issues, whereas Duke just doesn't seem to run with strength.
Well, one is a bit undersized and the other couldn't academically hang at Alabama so these potential issues with them were known. Duke profiles as more of a receiving threat so until the Browns utilize him as such I think they are just going to waste him.

The sample size as a pro is far too small for the ol poop dick, but he has shown some good instincts. Last game we only had 24 mins of possession, and the game before he wasn't too involved. Hopefully soon we can see poop dick have a bigger load

You see potential for P. Dick to get chunks of yards and he had a few solid gains against Tennessee, but it lacked consistency. I also expected to see him catch a few more passes by now, but I get that his development curve is still in it's infancy. I think he'll benefit immensely if/when the line starts working harmoniously and when Crowell is working more steadily. It should allow Poop to be utilized in passing situations more.

Now that was a gem.

Today was really a coming out party for the ol poop dick and it sure did all come in a spurt

One of the most encouraging signs of today is how erect young poop dick runs. When he gets older I have to imagine his ability to remain erect all the way through the hole diminishes.

I think the first few weeks the offensive line was skeptical on how hard to block when poop dick was in the game because they always thought it was a douche move to cock block

Penis

He really should shower before as well as afterward, or else he ain't hitting that hole again for a while.

Today was really a coming out party for the ol poop dick and it sure did all come in a spurt

One of the most encouraging signs of today is how erect young poop dick runs. When he gets older I have to imagine his ability to remain erect all the way through the hole diminishes.

I think the first few weeks the offensive line was skeptical on how hard to block when poop dick was in the game because they always thought it was a douche move to cock block

Penis

Take this shi...cra...I mean stuff to eayor.

http://www.clevelandbrowns.com/news...an-Diego/7d8d80ee-c24b-487f-bd02-5db4f308a41e

Duke Johnson has breakout day in San Diego
Posted Oct 5, 2015

Kevin Jones

Since the moment they drafted him back in May, the Cleveland Browns started formulating plans for their explosive running back Duke Johnson Jr.
Against San Diego, the third-round pick proved his worth in the offense, giving the Chargers fits on nine catches, 85 yards and one touchdown.

Eight of those catches came in the first half, forcing the San Diego defense to crumple up their defensive script and keep a permanent eye on Johnson’s whereabouts.
“It’s one of the reasons why I’m here – I bring a different element to the passing game,” Johnson said in the visitor’s locker room after a last-second 30-27 defeat. “When we get in trouble, we can dink and dunk to get yards.”

“He certainly will be a big part of our plans moving forward,” coach Mike Pettine said. “That’s a pretty good glimpse of how we’ll be using him.”
You won’t find many slicker first touchdown catches in the NFL than Johnson’s 34-yarder in the second quarter.

Standing in the shotgun, quarterback Josh McCown tapped his foot on the turf, signaling Johnson out of the backfield to split all the way toward the left sideline. Chargers sixth-year linebacker Donald Butler would be marking Cleveland’s running back all alone on an island.

“We got the matchup we were looking for, but the only thing was, how soon could we throw it?” Johnson said.

Johnson’s route? Run as fast as you can. The 5-foot-9, 210-pounder did just that, making an over-the-shoulder grab in the back left corner of the end zone. The big passing play looked so natural for the University of Miami alum, NFL.com dubbed the highlight video Cool Hands Duke.

“The catch Duke made on the first touchdown was one of the best catches I’ve seen by a running back,” McCown said. “To track a deep ball like that and to catch it over his shoulder, that’s not something that they get a ton of time catching. For him to do that it was just very, very impressive and really encouraging.”

“Anytime you have a back that can be a first- or second-down back between the tackles, and a guy that you can also split out your No. 1 wideout and hit him on a vertical route,” Pettine said, “that puts a lot of stress on a defense.”

As Browns fans grumble about a loss that moved the team’s record to 1-3, they can take some solace in knowing that there are young, blooming tools on this offense who could become capable of carrying the unit to a win.

With Cleveland’s defense reeling against Philip Rivers and the Chargers offense, it was Johnson and Isaiah Crowell who both eclipsed 100 total yards – the first time that feat had been accomplished by two Browns running backs since 2004 (Lee Suggs and William Green). It was Travis Benjamin bringing down a career-high six receptions. It was Taylor Gabriel securing the all-important two-point conversion to tie the game.

Through four games, the offensive production hasn’t been the problem – McCown is averaging 23.5 points per game in his two full starts after returning from a concussion.

And now that Johnson has flashed his potential, the Browns offense is showing they can score with some of the more potent offenses – i.e. San Diego – and exceed some limitations prognosticators piled on top of the unit before the season.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-14: "Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:14: " Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey."