• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Matt Barnes attacks NBA coach Derek Fisher

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

macbdog

Resident Luddite
Reaction score
Matt Barnes drove 95 miles to 'beat the s–t' out of Derek Fisher
By Ian Mohr

October 7, 2015 | 4:08pm

Knicks coach Derek Fisher is involved in a romantic relationship with the estranged wife of his former teammate Matt Barnes — and when Barnes found out over the weekend, he allegedly attacked Fisher, sources tell Page Six.

Sources said Fisher was at the LA home of Gloria Govan — Barnes’ estranged wife, who stars on “Basketball Wives LA” — on Saturday. Fisher and Govan have been dating for “a few months,” a source said, after Fisher filed to divorce his wife of 10 years, Candace, in March.

But when Barnes learned that Fisher was at his former home with Gloria, he drove 95 miles to LA to “beat the s–t” out of Fisher, sources said.

“Derek was in Gloria’s back yard with about 10 people having a bonfire on Saturday,” said a source. “Derek’s separated from his wife and there’s a relationship with [Gloria].”

The source added, “Barnes was in Santa Barbara [at Memphis Grizzlies training camp] and heard that Fisher was in his house. He went crazy. He got in his car and went to the house and went after Fisher.”

Another source said, “Someone told Matt that Fisher was at the house and he drove down there — he went over to confront Derek.”

barnes.jpg

Dry run done in 2011 of future attack : Getty Imagews​
A source close to Fisher confirmed the fight but said, “Matt came after Derek but he only had a few scratches … Derek’s not going to press charges, he’s going to let it go.”

Fisher left the scene before cops arrived, and we hear that Govan’s planning to file a restraining order.

Another source said that the altercation was the reason Fisher missed Knicks practice on Monday — but others said that he had been traveling back to New York on Sunday and was delayed because of plane trouble. The Knicks tweeted on Monday that Fisher was “not at practice due to personal reasons — expected back tomorrow.” He was in LA visiting his kids.

Barnes — who played with Fisher on the Lakers — made headlines recently when he told TMZ that he and pop star Rihanna were “just past the crush stage,” and Rihanna fired back that she’d never met the player.

Barnes has had trouble with the law in the past: He was arrested in 2010 on suspicion of domestic violence but he disputed the charges, and again in 2012 on a misdemeanor traffic warrant.

Govan said this year of her impending divorce from Barnes: “Matt and I were together for eight years. And I think the course of our relationship is just due to evolution. We’re always gonna be good friends. Obviously we have kids together.”

A Knicks rep said the team’s offered total support of Fisher. A Grizzlies rep did not immediately return a call for comment. Govan’s agent, David Arrigotti, had no comment, and her publicist did not immediately return calls. Barnes’ agent did not immediately return calls.

Apparently the NBA is now investigating...

Fisher is foul for that..

She's smoking hot, but you've got millions.. You can get another girl that looks like her or better..

No reason to bang her... None.. at all.... He didn't even talk to Barnes about it first, obviously.. They have kids together.. I mean wtf??

Keep it moving dude.. That really is some hoe shit.

I will anyways be on Matt Barnes side

07 warriors. sorry

I don't see a problem with it. Maybe it was too quick, but if you are broken up you are broken up. Are they best buds? I dunno.

I don't see a problem with it. Maybe it was too quick, but if you are broken up you are broken up. Are they best buds? I dunno.

Ya unless there friends it shouldn't matter you didn't see Gloria acting childish when barnes true dans failed to get with Rhianna

When will all of this black on black crime end?

Hope the 1st Grizz vs Knicks game is nationally televised now...Barnes getting up to go check with Fisher standing there coaching is must watch TV now.

Some men are worse than hoes I swear.

I don't know. I have seen instances of this before and it is usually based on the fact that someone saw a dude they know with a great woman who isn't getting what she deserves. They break up, a guy moves in after the appropriate time and those relationships can be really successful.

If the the guy breaks them up or cheating is going on that is different. If you are gonna leave it, maybe someone smarter stops by to retrieve it.

Matt Barnes is a known dick, known for violence. Fischer is a well-known great guy.

Actually laughed at loud.. lol!!

I can really appreciate you liking the joke. I am glad i have enough RCF "street cred" to make a black joke and not offend, lol.

I don't know. I have seen instances of this before and it is usually based on the fact that someone saw a dude they know with a great woman who isn't getting what she deserves. They break up, a guy moves in after the appropriate time and those relationships can be really successful.

If the the guy breaks them up or cheating is going on that is different. If you are gonna leave it, maybe someone smarter stops by to retrieve it.

Matt Barnes is a known dick, known for violence. Fischer is a well-known great guy.

Cavatt, check it out..

These guys were teammates for years.
There's a known problem with player's wives getting backup husbands (cheating).
These guys both have had marital problems, with kids involved.
Fisher doesn't even give him the common courtesy of talking to him about it.

Now.. both of these guys can walk into any club and bang the hottest chicks there. They are both millionaires, famous, and well known. They can both get hotter girls than this chick, and while she is hot, she's not a dime piece. Add on top of that it's your former teammates baby momma...

So this is a situation of one guy (Fisher) simply wanting to fuck Barnes' wife / ex-wife, baby momma, because he got a kick out of it.

It's foul, and totally unnecessary. His fucking kids are there at the house and he's in their backyard and couldn't at least pick up the phone?

Nah.. he knew what he was doing was wrong, that's why he was keeping it on the low.

Men shouldn't do shit like that... Ever. I have rules myself. I don't fuck married women with kids, I don't fuck girls cheating on guys in the military, and I don't fuck any of my friends exes without them giving me the green light. If they say "no" which has happened, I back off... That's respect, you gotta give it to get it and if you back off of slinged pussy out of respect, you'll have that persons respect.

Bros before hoes.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."