• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Fastlane Tonight - in Cleveland!

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
It was a televised house show. Usually there aren't promos.

Yeah, but since they went into it knowing that it was going to be televised, it would have made more sense to treat it like a PPV instead of a house show.

They promoted Rollins with the Kane story. Cena matches were a part of that.
They promod the diva to death.
Lesnar and show was promod.

I get that Jericho fiill in for Cena and they had some great matches so they put it in the MSG but wasting the mic skills of jericho and Owens was a waste.
It was supposed to be the Lesnar tour but its being carried by Rollins, Cena and Owens.

perhaps the Owens Eye gouge will allow jericho to spout his stuff and set up the rematch

hell when i ranked the matches i forgot all about the orton,ziggler,sheamus, rusev match.

and what about the Ryback owens match being set up for for the Next PPV.

They show off Owens mic skills during the Cena feud now all Owens promos have been reduced to in match. He got more time on camera for his ziggler fight

but lets keep hearing big show run his mouth and throw a few chokeslams, Stardust spin some rhymes and Cesaro give big show a push... think about that they have Cesaro giving Big show a push. the cesaro matches were way better than that Lesnarmatch which in itself was i am awesome promo . show might as well have been Bo Dallas.

Also what the point in the hell in the cell match if it ends in a pinfall after a spectacular jump.

I like the Demon Kane Storyline. I could watch Rollins all day but they are missing the boat on alot of things.

Neville and Cesaro would make a great tag team

Owens should have some more off ring promos.

Just as before the attitude era the cruiserweight division needs their own title.

An extreme rules championship (not the hard core title) would bolster some rivalries.

Is there a womens tag team title? there seems to be way more tag team fighting not to have one.

retire Stardust, Swagger, R Truth, and King Barret or.. set up the extreme rules Championship so these guy can fight over a minor title.

right now theres only three non title story lines.
Rusev vs Ziggler =Lame
Stardust vs Nevill = Lame
Wyatt Family vs reigns and Ambrose =1 out of three aint bad.

A women's tag title would be a welcome addition to the WWE. They have half a dozen talented women and really haven't figured out how to utilize most of them. Tying up four of them in a tag title rivalry would alleviate that problem, and also give the girls something to do who either aren't quite talented enough to be in the title picture (the Bellas would be perfect here) or aren't currently having a rivalry with the champ (Sasha Banks and Becky Lynch, for example). It would also mean that the women not competing for the title aren't necessarily just in the background doing fuck all, which is the case right now.

Also, a Banks/Lynch tag team would be awesome. Probably the two most talented women in the entire WWE who for some reason aren't doing anything of note right now.

Best part of Raw was Kevin Owens yelling "that was three" at the ref after a one count. :chuckle:

Bring back the Hardcore Title! I know, I know... it's not PG enough :9:

Bring back the Hardcore Title! I know, I know... it's not PG enough :9:

Given that the WWE can't seem to come up with any compelling feuds that don't involve titles, I'd be all for them adding more belts. And personally, I think the PG era is coming to an end regardless. It may not be for a few years, and I don't think they'll ever go back to the raunchy nature of the Attitude era, but I think a more adult product is inevitable as the wrestling quality continues to improve. Better in-ring performances cater to a more mature crowd, and the product will evolve along with that.

I also think they should bring back the World Championship belt, simply so we can have two upper card feuds at once (not counting part-timers like Lesnar) and spotlight more performers.

Given that the WWE can't seem to come up with any compelling feuds that don't involve titles, I'd be all for them adding more belts. And personally, I think the PG era is coming to an end regardless. It may not be for a few years, and I don't think they'll ever go back to the raunchy nature of the Attitude era, but I think a more adult product is inevitable as the wrestling quality continues to improve. Better in-ring performances cater to a more mature crowd, and the product will evolve along with that.

I also think they should bring back the World Championship belt, simply so we can have two upper card feuds at once (not counting part-timers like Lesnar) and spotlight more performers.

I couldn't agree more. At the time it was good that they combined the two belts... it made sense. However, almost two years later it's obvious that there is a lack of ability to develop interesting mid-upper card feuds without titles on the line.

I even like the fact that they have feuds that last months at a time (Stardust/Neville, Ziggler/Rusev, Owens/Ryback, Wyatt/Reigns). The problem though with 90% of them is that they cant seem to continue to develop the storylines and add twists to keep the feuds interesting. After a month or so they become insanely stale because it's the same repetitive crap.

I couldn't agree more. At the time it was good that they combined the two belts... it made sense. However, almost two years later it's obvious that there is a lack of ability to develop interesting mid-upper card feuds without titles on the line.

I even like the fact that they have feuds that last months at a time (Stardust/Neville, Ziggler/Rusev, Owens/Ryback, Wyatt/Reigns). The problem though with 90% of them is that they cant seem to continue to develop the storylines and add twists to keep the feuds interesting. After a month or so they become insanely stale because it's the same repetitive crap.

The problem is that all of their feuds have that damn 50/50 booking where no one comes out a winner (except Cena of course...Cena always wins). It leads to stagnation because no one ever really advances at the end of a feud. It doesn't help that people in a feud with each other fight at every damn Raw and Smackdown (or in some tag team combo against their enemy). A feud loses its luster if you see the guys fighting each other constantly, which is what the WWE does right now.

When guys are involved in a feud, they should only fight in the ring in actual matches occasionally. The rest of the feud should be backstage exchanges/attacks, promos, and interference in the other's matches. The PPV match should be the culmination of four (or more) weeks worth of build-up. That build-up is lost when you see the guys fight in an actual match on Raw six days before the PPV, or when there is a rematch the next night where the other guy wins. It's just shitty booking.

Not every feud has to have a clear winner, obviously. If two up-and-comers go head to head, it makes sense to end the feud with them both looking good sometimes. However, if an up-and-comer is facing a veteran like Cena or Orton, it makes so much more sense to make the up-and-comer the clear winner. Cena and Orton can take a lost feud and be inserted back into the main event any time the WWE wants to do it. A younger guy can have his career totally derailed by being emasculated in a feud with Cena, as we've seen with Bray Wyatt, Rusev (who got the worst burying of all from a Cena feud), and to a lesser extent, Kevin Owens (who was honestly just too good to stay buried I think).

The WWE always seems to think in short-term rather than long-term, which is why their ratings keep dropping. They've failed again and again to create any new stars because they keep letting Cena carry them, totally overlooking the fact that Cena won't be around forever, especially at his current work rate. The guy who might have taken that torch from Cena is currently not medically cleared to perform, and will likely never be a true main eventer again because the WWE can't trust him to stay healthy.

NXT really dropped the ball tonight by not having Jordan and Gable beat Rhyno and Corbin. Pushing Corbin seems like a very Vince move. He's like Roman Reigns...nowhere near ready for prime time. Jordan and Gable are a great tag team, and are really over. The obvious end to this tag team classic would have been Jordan and Gable going against Finn and Joe, and Joe turning on Finn. No idea why they didn't do that.

If you're going to involve singles guys in a tag team tournament, the ultimate goal should be to put over some of the best tag teams, not to put over singles guys who don't need to be put over like Joe and Finn.

Also, Asuka is gonna be the women's champion before too long. Very impressive.

In addition, I find it incredibly sad how NXT can put together such a better card than the main roster. I don't like that Jordan and Gable lost tonight (they should be WWE tag champs within a year), but the overall event was just incredible, and far better than the last few WWE PPVs. If this is what we can expect when Triple H eventually takes charges of WWE, I hope Vince dies tomorrow.

NXT has a crazy habit of rewarding the people who deserve it, not the ones who Vince wants to masturbate to. I'd like to see more of that.

Oh, and seeing Triple H go into the ring and raise Bayley's hand and give her flowers was a fantastic moment. I really wish the WWE would figure out how to utilize their women performers, because they absolutely proved they can main event a show tonight.

Last edited:
Also, Asuka is gonna be the women's champion before too long. Very impressive.

In addition, I find it incredibly sad how NXT can put together such a better card than the main roster. I don't like that Jordan and Gable lost tonight (they should be WWE tag champs within a year), but the overall event was just incredible, and far better than the last few WWE PPVs. If this is what we can expect when Triple H eventually takes charges of WWE, I hope Vince dies tomorrow.

NXT has a crazy habit of rewarding the people who deserve it, not the ones who Vince wants to masturbate to. I'd like to see more of that.

Oh, and seeing Triple H go into the ring and raise Bayley's hand and give her flowers was a fantastic moment. I really wish the WWE would figure out how to utilize their women performers, because they absolutely proved they can main event a show tonight.
If you havent had a chance to yet id suggestt watching the stone cold podcast interview of triple H

they talk about the differences between nxt creative and WWE

Wasn't a fan of the finish of the iron match at all, eat a sub finisher then move finisher only to john cena instant recover reverse win.

Speaking of Cena, I can't remember any ex champs in the rematch against who they lost the belt to ever winning besides Cena.

Last edited:
Sasha Banks will be the best heel to ever grace the Divas division. She's a star and thats why she lost. She'll be the real champ in no time and hopefully introduce a new belt just for the boss.

When she started trash talking the family and picking on the kid generated some intense heat, I loved that. She's so damn sexy.

Also a cousin of Snoop Dogg, makes her even better.

Wasn't a fan of the finish of the iron match at all, eat a sub finisher then move finisher only to john cena instant recover reverse win.

Speaking of Cena, I can't remember any ex champs in the rematch against who they lost the belt to ever winning besides Cena.

Well, in NXT the former champ basically never wins the rematch because losing the belt basically means you're getting called up to the main roster, or have been called up already in the case of both Banks and Owens when they lost their belts. Everyone knew Bayley was winning that match last night, but it didn't make the match any worse.

Sasha Banks will be the best heel to ever grace the Divas division. She's a star and thats why she lost. She'll be the real champ in no time and hopefully introduce a new belt just for the boss.

When she started trash talking the family and picking on the kid generated some intense heat, I loved that. She's so damn sexy.

Also a cousin of Snoop Dogg, makes her even better.

Sasha is amazing. The NXT crowd absolutely loves her and she was still able to make them boo her. She's exactly like Kevin Owens in that she can draw heat even as the crowd respects her. Her main advantage over Owens is that she both looks the part and is in a pretty weak women's division in the WWE. Hopefully Nikki loses the rematch and then they let Sasha feud with Charlotte. I'd also love a triple threat match that involves Becky or a fatal four way with Becky and Paige.

Well, in NXT the former champ basically never wins the rematch because losing the belt basically means you're getting called up to the main roster, or have been called up already in the case of both Banks and Owens when they lost their belts. Everyone knew Bayley was winning that match last night, but it didn't make the match any worse.

Never said the match was bad just didn't like the finish. I also knew Sasha would lose not only cause the call up but the ex champ always loses the rematch, hence why I said that. Doesn't matter if NXT or WWE, the ex champ always loses the pointless rematch unless it's Cena cause he can't lose to the same person twice in a row.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."