• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

The "What are you playing now?" Thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
Anyone going to partake in the Battlefront open beta that begins tomorrow? I'm going to check out the PC version. If anyone else is as well, let me know and we can check it out together.
Don't have a PC, but I watched the Polygon live stream of it yesterday and it looks really great.

Another must have for me. Just Cause, Battlefront, and Far Cry.

If a new Red Dead is ever made for next gen, I'll be in paradise. Last game to complete my must have favorite game franchises.

Anyone going to partake in the Battlefront open beta that begins tomorrow? I'm going to check out the PC version. If anyone else is as well, let me know and we can check it out together.
I didn't know it started tomorrow, will definitely be partaking.

Another must have for me. Just Cause, Battlefront, and Far Cry.

If a new Red Dead is ever made for next gen, I'll be in paradise. Last game to complete my must have favorite game franchises.

Don't like the look of this new Far Cry, although the atmosphere of the trailer was top notch. I'm intrigued but Far Cry without guns and explosives and shit? Probably a no go for me.

Red Dead is definitely coming. It's one of the most popular games of last gen and was at the top of the backwards compatibility list for a while for XBone. It's just a matter of when. Shocked we haven't heard anything by now, honestly.

I picked up a PS4 white one for some reason, really enjoying Until Dawn, first thing I've played since Witcher 3.

Checked out Destiny, guess it could be fun, but I'm not about that grind.

I'll have to check it out! Ill hit you and @NtG up on steam if I get around to playing it

(edited from steam to origin) : I'm AuxiliaryPie53 on Origin if any bros wanna bro

Last edited:
Just played a couple games of Battlefront. Graphics are nice. It definitely feels like a Battlefront game, but I don't like that you have to level up to unlock weapons. This one dude was dominating with the sniper on Hoth because nobody else could hit him from so far away. I like the pick-ups on the map (turrets, call in vehicles, airstrikes, powerful grenades, Hero pickup). I got the hero pickup and became Darth Vader. When you're a hero your health slowly goes down sort of like a timer for how long you're allowed to be them. It took me a while to get to where enemies were, so by the time I got there my health/timer was at like 60%. Ended up clashing with Luke Skywalker in the middle of the battlefield and killed him.

ahh you're right, forgot about that. I'm AuxiliaryPie53 on there if anyone wants to add me :)

I searched for you and it said there were no results.

I'm xJackBrickman if you want to add me instead. I'll probably be online tonight after dinner.

I really don't like the lack of classes; I want a permanent jetpack. Also, the extreme lack of vehicles is really making this game feel bare. I want so explosions.

So after like 7 games, I'm already kind of bored of it.

Last edited:
Don't like the look of this new Far Cry, although the atmosphere of the trailer was top notch. I'm intrigued but Far Cry without guns and explosives and shit? Probably a no go for me.

Red Dead is definitely coming. It's one of the most popular games of last gen and was at the top of the backwards compatibility list for a while for XBone. It's just a matter of when. Shocked we haven't heard anything by now, honestly.
They will probably have some creative/cool weapons. Far Cry really doesn't change (except the setting) but it is still fun to me everytime. Until I get 100% on the game at least.

There's really only been two Far Cry games of this style, no? I don't get why people are already sick of it. Far Cry 1 is absolutely nothing like 3 and 4. I admit I never played 2 but I'm pretty sure similar.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."