• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Austin Daye

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
Just like the Cunningham signing i like Daye as a low risk signing. I dont expect either to play consistent minutes but both are relativly young,versitaile players who both are decent Shooters and at least have potential as defenders. We need that..

Even if neither Day nor Cunningham is on the Team once the RS starts i like the direction of the FO to go after young cast offs this year instead of already dead old guys.

If we do this every offseason with 2 or 3 guys chances are one of them (like Delly) will stick someday and prove a suprise valuable role player.

He went through the Spurs system after looking like a positionless NBA player, and playing for Pops is usually the best way to figure out what a role player should be. Approved move.
Eh. Only problem with what you've said is that he was horrible with San Antonio, just like he's always been. If Pop couldn't get anything more out of him, then nobody will. Plus he's already 27 so it wouldn't make much sense to expect any real improvement from him.

Pass for me.

He's a beige trash can.

This. He's OK at a lot- doesn't make an impact on the game though. We need impactful players that do at least 1 thing well to complement our superteam, so this is confusing. Hopefully just leverage against Tristain.

queen-e.gif

Why even report on it? Be surprised if he plays 1 meaningful minute or is even on the team come 2016.

This may be why he hasn't made it yet... can't handle a chest bump. Haha. Just a painfully embarrassing moment for him i'm sure.

I don't mind the pick up, all about adding some cheap depth that we can cut at any time.

He did manage to shoot 40% on 3s in the only year that he had significant playing time (69-172).

Only positive that I could find.

The positive is that he is a veteran, has been through the Spurs system, as Keys pointed out, and the Cavs apparently feel he will be willing to play a role during the preseason that will help them prepare.

Sort of surprised he was willing to accept the invite. At this point in his career he needs to get serious about a career overseas while he still has a few years left.

He's a guy who should have roided it up. :ugh: Just doesn't have the footspeed or agility to play the wing. If he put on enough weight which with his frame I doubt he could "naturally" do he could have had a chance as a stretch 4

Tweener in the worst way possible - aka too slow to guard wings and too thin and weak to guard bigs.

Much like Joe Harris, if Daye were a lights out, 40+% three point shooter, then it would be easier to stomach his glaring negatives.

Hope he doesn't get the 15th spot.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."