• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Preseason Game 2 10/8/15 Cavs @ Philadelphia FSOH and NBATV 7:00 PM

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
8-0 run in 24 secs is bad no way you slice it. Pissed cause I'm from Philly so I want to always beat the Sixer's lol

where is Sir'Dominic btw? why isn't he playing?
He is being stashed in the NBADL a la Josh Huestis with the Thunder, Thanasis Antetikounmpo with the Knicks and Pierre Jackson with the Pelicans.

So instead of being stashed overseas like Cedi Osman, he's just stashed in the d-league instead.

Seriously?
5 D-Leaguers who have never played a game together, all trying to outshine one another while making rookie mistakes. That's how it's done.

That was the point in the 4th I thought to myself "if these 5 are playing together in the regular season, there was a plane crash"

Looked good in the 1st half, hard to watch when the camp invites started to play.

Sasha is making progress at adapting to the NBA. Granted, this was a super weak team, but he anticipates very well on D (a thing he is known for in Europe) and closes out very well to alter or block shots. His offense is shaky, but he is a defensive force.

Delly seemed to gain confidence and got his head together, after a lukewarm game against ATL. He worked on his mid range shot and seems to improved at handling as well.

He's a great ball mover for a big. The offense doesn't stall when he has the ball in his hand, which is a good thing. I think the ball movement, in general, has been really good through two games thus far. I've watched MAYBE ten minutes total between these two games but I liked what I saw regarding ball and player movement, especially with the guys who will, you know, actually see the floor during the regular season. I hope this trend continues once Kyrie and Kevin comeback.

I stopped defending the Harris selection last spring. He isn't nearly good enough at his strengths to counterbalance all those obvious weaknesses. I was hoping for another Korver 2nd rounder... Korver was never so uneven.

The thing is that Korver's numbers in college (his advanced stats) were better across the board by a substantial margin than Harris. If Korver were drafted today, I suspect he'd go much higher than #51 or whatever he went in the 2003 draft. Some analytics front office guy would eventually convince his GM to ignore the traditional scouting and take Korver.

I never liked the fact the Cavs guaranteed the second year of Harris' contract and questioned it when it happened, but I guess most early second round picks in the 2014 draft managed to get the second year guaranteed.

The Cavs have been so bad at drafting that I think they would have been better off simply trading the Harris pick away for a future pick or two to preserve a tradeable asset.

Despite the poor turnover late, Cunnigham impressed with 31. The kid is going to hate himself but its more so your play leading up to it the coach looks at versus a young man's mistake.

Also, love the fact that Andy looks GOOD out there. His jumper is automatic and I see no limitations to his foot work.

Relegated to the NBAtv Philly feed but aside from that, an entertaining night of basketball.

Andy looked great every time he touched the ball. Savvy and veteran moves, hitting shots and even changing end at a reasonable speed.

Noel doesnt even look to score against a 6'6 guard and cant guard the perimeter at all. Still glad the cavs never took the risk

Okafor did well and you can see hes going to be as advertised offensively, having said the kaun did a pretty good job of playing him one on one

Cunningham showed his knack for getting into the lane, played some D and generally proved he was an NBA player (more so than joe harris)

Daye played a poor mans AV game getting 4 assists in limited minutes, both he and cunningham deserve the 15th spot, it will be interesting to see which way griffin will go

Andy looked great every time he touched the ball. Savvy and veteran moves, hitting shots and even changing end at a reasonable speed.

Noel doesnt even look to score against a 6'6 guard and cant guard the perimeter at all. Still glad the cavs never took the risk

Okafor did well and you can see hes going to be as advertised offensively, having said the kaun did a pretty good job of playing him one on one

Cunningham showed his knack for getting into the lane, played some D and generally proved he was an NBA player (more so than joe harris)

Daye played a poor mans AV game getting 4 assists in limited minutes, both he and cunningham deserve the 15th spot, it will be interesting to see which way griffin will go

My thoughts to a tee. Who knows how this will play but Daye and Cunningham make the most sense. Seeing as Daye is a SF might help his chance.

He isn't nearly good enough at his strengths to counterbalance all those obvious weaknesses.

This.

Joe Harris has to be a 40-45% three point shooter and a 85-90% free throw shooter to justify how bad he is at everything else and unfortunately for him, he hasn't shown to be that level of shooter.

Kid was a college senior. He pretty much is what he is going to be at this point.

He's probably safe because his contract is guaranteed, but he shouldn't be.

I turned the game off with under 3 minutes to go.

These bums lost???

Since no game thread apparently for tonight, there is a chatroom called "Game day chatroom" if anyone wants to join.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-14: "Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:14: " Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey."