• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

2015 Cleveland Browns Regular Season Thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
While on the topic of general organizational shortcomings, can anyone refresh my memory on what the current chain of command is?

Is it Haslam>Scheiner>Farmer>Pettine? Does everyone just report straight to Haslam? I recall during the coaching search the overall organizational structure was speculated differently for every name (Chip Kelly would have basically had free reign) and I have no clue where things wound up.

The Browns cant just "clean" house . they have to do things to show stability in the organization and rebuild their reputation around the league.
Of course that doesnt mean they cant bring in new people. it just means they have to be conscious of how they go about it and make constructive changes

Tornicade - Is your avatar Krang ?

Joe Banner was just one of the reasons why the Browns were viewed, and will continue to be viewed, as Coach Poison. This team couldn't draw a coach when they had Holgrum heading up the team, and just about every available coach who balked in year 1 of Haslam saw their fears justified when they canned Chud after only one season. Regardless of where Banner is, this team remains toxic for coaches until they prove otherwise. This past offseason didn't help.

Joe Banner was just one of the reasons why the Browns were viewed, and will continue to be viewed, as Coach Poison. This team couldn't draw a coach when they had Holgrum heading up the team, and just about every available coach who balked in year 1 of Haslam saw their fears justified when they canned Chud after only one season. Regardless of where Banner is, this team remains toxic for coaches until they prove otherwise. This past offseason didn't help.
Banner was an adviser to Blank in ATL and they brought in Quinn and Shanahan, arguably the staff he wanted here and Haslam was too impatient to wait for. I don't mean to sound like a Banner apologist, but I think a lot of the onus is unfairly placed on him and not on Jimmy.

Banner was an adviser to Blank in ATL and they brought in Quinn and Shanahan, arguably the staff he wanted here and Haslam was too impatient to wait for. I don't mean to sound like a Banner apologist, but I think a lot of the onus is unfairly placed on him and not on Jimmy.
Stop it right now. That does NOT fit the narrative that he can't find a job/is the human version of a rat

Schefter just said teams will enquire about Sean Payton after the season....

Dwayne Bowe another week inactive. This guy is a disgrace.

I'm looking forward to all the posts claiming #1 receivers have little impact on wins. But before they show up, two points:

1. Browns draft a receiver with the Manziel pick and we are looking at a playoff appearance last season.

2. Blowing 9 million on a guy we all know is washed up seems worse than drafting a #1 receiver in the first round.

I'm looking forward to all the posts claiming #1 receivers have little impact on wins. But before they show up, two points:

1. Browns draft a receiver with the Manziel pick and we are looking at a playoff appearance last season.

2. Blowing 9 million on a guy we all know is washed up seems worse than drafting a #1 receiver in the first round.

Based on how Bridgewater played with Minnesota, we may have also made the playoffs had we just drafted him. It's not that we drafted the wrong position, we drafted the wrong player......which is more disheartening.

Saying they brought in Dwayne Bowe to be a #1 receiver is disingenuous. So is insinuating that his presence some how deterred them from drafting a "top flight" wide receiver early.

A rookie wide receiver was the only thing separating them from a playoff appearance last season?

Sorry...nah.

Saying they brought in Dwayne Bowe to be a #1 receiver is disingenuous.

Perhaps you could claim they expected him to be the #1 receiver this year and #2 if/when Gordon returns... but he is the highest paid outside receiver. We're in week 5 of Hawkins being miscast as an outside receiver.

So it'll prolly be Hackenberg (If he continues to recover his season) or an auction for Goff if Jax gets the pick

woo hoo
giphy.gif

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."