• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

American Horror Story

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
Why didn't you like season 2? I thought it was the best of the 3 by a mile.

This season lost me a while back. I agree...too much feminine influence to keep my attention and fear.

Lily appears to have lost some weight and tightened up a little bit since season 2. She looks awesome, a lot like a young Stevie.

Is it just me, or does Anglea Bassett's character go in and out of an accent?

This season lost me a while back. I agree...too much feminine influence to keep my attention and fear.

Lily appears to have lost some weight and tightened up a little bit since season 2. She looks awesome, a lot like a young Stevie.

Honestly looking back, I think it was what was going on in my life when I was watching season 2. A couple deaths in the family, I was watching the show at night as a distraction after long days for a while. Could be that my mind was in a weird spot. Seems like my strongly negative opinion on season 2 isn't shared by many, so I'll probably chalk it up to extra-curricular effects.

Also, something that's been bothering me since season 1...
once Violet realizes she's dead because she can't leave the house, I started wondering back to why Tate was able to take her to the beach where they ran into those high school kids he killed. Was there an explanation as to why he was able to leave the grounds? There may have been more examples of this but I don't remember.

Everyone's probably way past season 1 at this point but better to be safe with spoilers ha.

I too wasn't a huge fan of season 2...maybe just because I thought it had so much more potential. Creepy insane asylum, creepy doctor who does questionable experiments, psycho religious zealots, mass murderer, all intertwined...but meh.

From start to finish, season 2 was incredible. Loved it, and I really thought it was a game changer in the way networks produce/run their shows (True Detective is set the same way). Then season 3 happened..

Honestly looking back, I think it was what was going on in my life when I was watching season 2. A couple deaths in the family, I was watching the show at night as a distraction after long days for a while. Could be that my mind was in a weird spot. Seems like my strongly negative opinion on season 2 isn't shared by many, so I'll probably chalk it up to extra-curricular effects.

Also, something that's been bothering me since season 1...
once Violet realizes she's dead because she can't leave the house, I started wondering back to why Tate was able to take her to the beach where they ran into those high school kids he killed. Was there an explanation as to why he was able to leave the grounds? There may have been more examples of this but I don't remember.

Everyone's probably way past season 1 at this point but better to be safe with spoilers ha.

Season 1 was sloppy, but it was raw and fresh - never saw something like it. Season 2 took that, cleaned up the writing and direction, and knocked it out of the fucking park.

Tried to watch some of this and it clearly is the worst show on television. The writing is so bad that it makes the acting look even that much worse.

Season 3 ended tonight. The finale was pretty much in line with the entire season...garbage.

This season's story line never belonged in this series. Here's hoping they hear the inevitable criticism and go with something far more creepy and disturbing next season.

EDIT:

Pseudo-Spoilers

New American Horror Story season 4 totally happening,new spoilers already revealed. Hey, fellow “American Horror Story” peeps! It’s time to rejoice as we can tell you that the show was officially renewed for a new,4th season way back on November 6th,2013, and we already have some new spoiler teasers to boot, via TV Line and showrunner, Ryan Murphy!.

Ryan reportedly told Entertainment Weekly that the show’s 4th season plotline is going to be set in the year 1950, “and clues to its premise lie in the big happenings of that time period.” In addition to that, actress,Jessica Lange’s aka Fiona, will be back from the dead, speaking with a different accent! The new accent will be German, and it’s reported that Jessica is already working on her new accent,lol!! The 4th season was given another 13 episode order, which will most likely premiere in the Fall 2014 again.

As a side note, we’ve also read that Jessica Lange/Fiona has plans to possibly end her run on the show after the 4th season wraps up. Her contract ends and she has no interest, currently, in renewing it. I’m also hearing that season 4 will be dark, a throwback to season 2. Hopefully, we’ll get more details on that pretty soon. Stay tuned. Also, get your favorite TV Show stuff, and more by Clicking Here.

http://ontheflix.com/2014/01/29/new...tally-happeningnew-spoilers-already-revealed/

Sounds like it could have something to do with the Nazis after WWII...

Last edited:
Just finished this season. Holy hell was that bad.

I dont understand how saying "toto is amazeballs" ever seriously made it on to film.

The problem, for me, with this season was there was nothing to be afraid of, I mean its from the perspective of the "scariest" characters in the season.

Also, what was kathy bates power? Did she have any?

I liked the premiere. I'm seeing a lot of bitching about the gore. I'm cool with gore, as long as it advances the plot and/or contributes to atmosphere or character development. I thought it advanced the plot and certainly developed the atmosphere.

To avoid spoiling, I'll call the one scene "the drill scene." I see a LOT of complaining about that one and that it was unnecessary. I thought it was shocking and disturbing, but I don't know that I'd say it was unnecessary per se.

This show always seems to have such a wide array of opinions on it, as do pretty much all horror movies. The horror genre is just so difficult to predict people's reactions to.

I watch horror specifically to be disturbed. It's one of a limited amount of sensations I can get from movies and shows and I enjoy it.

What did others think?

This is going to top the weirdness of season three quick.

Yeah, I have no idea what I watched :chuckle:

As Jigo put it, the "drill scene" was fucking crazy. This show is supposed to be disturbing and get a "wow" factor. If people bitch about it, then simply don't watch the fucking show and enjoy texting in your Dancing with the Stars vote, Sally.

I love the idea of this season, just hopefully Lady Gaga can continue to do okay and they don't try and fit her into stupid plot lines just b/c it's her.

Can't wait until the Dad sees his missing son now that he has moved into the hotel.

What an amazing Halloween costume that "drill guy" would be.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."