• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Fastlane Tonight - in Cleveland!

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
Was reported on ewrestlingnews.com

Hosting a fitness show for Fox that airs in the spring.

Ah, so he's probably keeping quiet because he's always shit on the Rock for leaving to go to Hollywood then.

By injury, I didn't necessarily mean physical injury like a torn muscle/strain/sprain, but that's true. Maybe he's contemplating retirement and WWE was like, take time off and maybe you'll be gucci?

RAW, sans Cena, is gunna struggle. Post-Taker, Lesnar will dissapear. There's no star power on TV right now. Sheamus winning the title would nuke the brand.

True, WWE is certainly low on star power right now, and even more so when/if Cena takes time off and Lesnar/Taker go on hiatus. Although it will be nice to have a break from Cena.

I really miss CM Punk, but I wont go there. Even guys like Bryan, Batista, Mysterio, Alberto Del Rio, RVD, Jericho (more than one match) would be a welcome sight just to spice things up.

I'll still keep an eye on WWE but it's been rough the past few months as it is. Stale feuds and poor booking PLUS lack of star power is not how you compete with football season, baseball playoffs, and soon basketball season.

As someone who got completely bored by the product Raw/Smackdown was pumping out and took roughly a year off from watching, NXT has completely converted me. What a fantastic wrestling show. Top notch talent and booking. Last two Takeovers have me excited for more.

As someone who got completely bored by the product Raw/Smackdown was pumping out and took roughly a year off from watching, NXT has completely converted me. What a fantastic wrestling show. Top notch talent and booking. Last two Takeovers have me excited for more.

If you have the time, go back and watch the Owens/Zayn stuff from early this year. They had a great feud in NXT before Zayn got (legit) hurt and Owens got called up. If I were a betting man, I'd wager that Zayn will come back at the Rumble and begin another feud with Owens that will culminate in a Wrestlemania bout. Just some great chemistry there.

I also think Zayn is one of those guys who has "face of the company" potential. He's got a ton of charisma, a great chant, and the in-ring ability. I could definitely see him and Owens headlining a major PPV for the main title someday in the not too distant future. Owens is great, but he'll never be a "face of the company" type. He could easily be the top heel, though, and given how good he is at being a heel I think he'd be totally fine with that.

Last edited:
If you have the time, go back and watch the Owens/Zayn stuff from early this year. They had a great feud in NXT before Zayn got (legit) hurt and Owens got called up. If I were a betting man, I'd wager that Zayn will come back at the Rumble and begin another feud with Owens that will culminate in a Wrestlemania bout. Just some great chemistry there.

I also think Zayn is one of those guys who has "face of the company" potential. He's got a ton of charisma, a great chant, and the in-ring ability. I could definitely see him and Owens headlining a major PPV for the main title someday in the not too distant future. Owens is great, but he'll never be a "face of the company" type. He could easily be the top heel, though, and given how good he is at being a heel I think he'd be totally fine with that.

Gunna be honest, and while I'd love to agree because I think he's fantastic, his look is absolutely atrocious and it holds him back. Example. Owens/Cena confrontation > Zayn/Cena match.

He's got the Cena type ability to market for the company, though, so who knows. I'd love to see Owens/Zayn in a ladder match for old times sake.

But EVOLVE as a feeding ground for NXT? Zayn's just going to EVOLVE... That makes me so happy. Ethan Page could be such a terrific heel in the WWE.

Very excited that in 3-5 years, WWE is going to be very, very different.

Gunna be honest, and while I'd love to agree because I think he's fantastic, his look is absolutely atrocious and it holds him back. Example. Owens/Cena confrontation > Zayn/Cena match.

Yeah but you could say the same thing about Daniel Bryan's look, and he was set to be the face of the company before injuries derailed him. I'd say Zayn has a better look than Bryan.

I wonder who will replace Kane as director of Operations.

He gets to remain on if he wins, right? Not simply if he retains the title? Probably will be a Rollins DQ.

Can you be DQ'd in a Hell in the Cell match...I watched a masked dude take some barbed wire to HHH's face in a HITC match, and he didn't get DQ'd.

Can you be DQ'd in a Hell in the Cell match...I watched a masked dude take some barbed wire to HHH's face in a HITC match, and he didn't get DQ'd.

As far as I know, the title isn't in a cell. Just the Lesnar/Taker match and the Reigns/Wyatt match.

So is it just me, or does Roman Reigns have like zero charisma? I saw his promo from last night and it was just bland and boring. He also let the crowd get to him, which is a big no-no when you're supposed to be a face. A heel acknowledging the crowd is fine. Well, at least if he counters their jeers with something that pisses them off even more. A face responding to chants like "what" and "boring" just makes him look like he has thin skin, which is doubly troubling for a guy like Reigns who is supposed to be a badass.

Anyway, it's just impossible for me to see him leading the WWE. You can't ascend that high in wrestling as a face if you can't get people fired up when you talk.

arent the chants mostly rigged?

Are they? I kind of doubt the WWE would rig "boring" during a Reigns promo considering they want to anoint him the new Cena. Same with the "what" chant.

Some chants might be rigged, but I doubt those two were.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-14: "Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:14: " Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey."