• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

COUNTER STRIKE: GLOBAL OFFENSIVE

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
They changed the awp so it takes a little bit after you zoom before it becomes 100% accurate (can't think of the word for it right now). You can still quickscope, but you can't do it while the gun is still in the process of zooming. It's not just the blur that is messing you up, it's coded into the game for it to be inaccurate.

I haven't played competitive in a while. When I do play now I just hop in a deathmatch and wreck everyone.

Thats what quickscoping is though. In 1.6 it was firing AS you were scoping and it was perfectly accurate at distance. If you have to wait that extra half second to fire that can be the life/death there. I don't really mind that the awp was nerfed in this version (and again with the run speed nerf) because the hitboxes are much larger compared to 1.6. Also, you can't spam walls like in 1.6 to get common awp spots. Flashbangs were much stronger in 1.6 as well, another counter to awping. Overall the guns in this game (sub pistols) are pretty well balanced. Pistols are just absurd though, the run and gun is way too random and just annoying.

Tying a game that you dominate is basically a win. I've ranked up on those twice.

Hate the Deagle as well. It's not bad for CT eco rounds because you can play stationary and maybe pick off a head here or there but thats really its only use. Tech-9, Five-seven, and p250 all have way more utility and run-n-gun.

Honestly I'm not sure how I'm still ranked because I haven't played a competitive in a few weeks. Might be getting close to having to play a game to show rank soon.

@Ren I live all the way out in Sacramento. I imagine you are out in Ohio somewhere? It might be hard to play because one of us is going to get a shit ping. That is unless they are putting a lot of servers out in the middle of the US to accommodate the ping problems you would have playing with people from different coasts.

@Ren I live all the way out in Sacramento. I imagine you are out in Ohio somewhere? It might be hard to play because one of us is going to get a shit ping. That is unless they are putting a lot of servers out in the middle of the US to accommodate the ping problems you would have playing with people from different coasts.

Ah okay, I'm not sure Valve offers Texas servers or not. I think it's just east coast and west coast.

@Ren @NtG @gourimoko
So, I have been having this random stutter issue forever. I finally decided to use shadow player and record it. It happens more often in deathmatch than anything. It's annoying as fuck, but i can usually play around it (since it rarely happens).

Sorry gouri, i'm pulling you in here to see if you have any clue as to what could be causing this. This is the only game that this happens in for me. It doesn't happen in any other source game (tf2, left for dead 2). None of my components are running hot either.

Note the dick shot though.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y2yFV9-g6Jo

Ah okay, I'm not sure Valve offers Texas servers or not. I think it's just east coast and west coast.

For TF2 I think it's just Virginia and Washington for official servers. Not sure if CS is different.

Not sure what it could be, only stuttering I ever experienced in CSGO was when I played on my laptop with integrated graphics. I'm assuming you're not playing on something similar.

@Ren @NtG @gourimoko
So, I have been having this random stutter issue forever. I finally decided to use shadow player and record it. It happens more often in deathmatch than anything. It's annoying as fuck, but i can usually play around it (since it rarely happens).

Sorry gouri, i'm pulling you in here to see if you have any clue as to what could be causing this. This is the only game that this happens in for me. It doesn't happen in any other source game (tf2, left for dead 2). None of my components are running hot either.

Note the dick shot though.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y2yFV9-g6Jo

AMD/ATI Catalyst drivers? Version number?

AMD/ATI Catalyst drivers? Version number?
I'm using nvidia. GeForce 970, latest drivers, but this has been happening on quite a few different drivers.

Very odd. Not really sure what could be causing that. I use a Geforce 980 and have never experienced something like this. Is multi-core rendering checked in video settings? Have you tried reinstalling the game or going to steam library->right click cs:go->properties->verify game cache?

I'm using nvidia. GeForce 970, latest drivers, but this has been happening on quite a few different drivers.

What resolution does this happen at? All? All texture levels?

Track your memory usage, and report back.

What resolution does this happen at? All? All texture levels?

Track your memory usage, and report back.
This is happening at my native resolution of 1080 p. Happens on two different monitors with that same resolution. I run on all max for this game, I haven't tried dropping texture resolution.

When I get home I will test out mem usage and some other settings.

I don't recall cs go going over 1 gb on video memory usage. I haven't monitored how much system ram it uses.

This game is installed on an ssd drive as well.

A few months ago I also ran mem check or ram check, not sure what program is called. You have to format a thumb drive to boot with it as it runs outside of windows. My memory had no errors.

This is happening at my native resolution of 1080 p. Happens on two different monitors with that same resolution. I run on all max for this game, I haven't tried dropping texture resolution.

When I get home I will test out mem usage and some other settings.

I don't recall cs go going over 1 gb on video memory usage. I haven't monitored how much system ram it uses.

This game is installed on an ssd drive as well.

A few months ago I also ran mem check or ram check, not sure what program is called. You have to format a thumb drive to boot with it as it runs outside of windows. My memory had no errors.

The issue you are having, at 1080p with maxed out settings, could be a result of the very well known defect in the 970 card.

I would test this by:

1) Installing the latest drivers.
2) Stepping down resolution to 720/768.
3) Stepping down texture quality to lowest settings.

Try to reduce the amount of vram you're using to the lowest amount possible, this will reduce the allocation and thus the logical volume area, meaning you are less likely to run into issues.

If you notice the problem go away, start to step the settings back up until you first see the problem reappear.

Beyond that, I would try to run the application in a clean installation of Windows on a separate spare disk you might have (or just make a quick partition and boot to it).. This would take time, but would give u essentially a clean room to test the game/hardware/drivers..

On an SSD it shouldn't really take more than an hour to get everything setup.

FWIW, I do not think this is the issue you are having. Instead, I think you're probably running into another issue relating to conflicting drivers, maybe a filter driver being installed in either the audio or video stack somewhere. A clean install used as a test-bed would reveal a lot.

Last edited:
The issue you are having, at 1080p with maxed out settings, could be a result of the very well known defect in the 970 card.

I would test this by:

1) Installing the latest drivers.
2) Stepping down resolution to 720/768.
3) Stepping down texture quality to lowest settings.

Try to reduce the amount of vram you're using to the lowest amount possible, this will reduce the allocation and thus the logical volume area, meaning you are less likely to run into issues.

If you notice the problem go away, start to step the settings back up until you first see the problem reappear.

Beyond that, I would try to run the application in a clean installation of Windows on a separate spare disk you might have (or just make a quick partition and boot to it).. This would take time, but would give u essentially a clean room to test the game/hardware/drivers..

On an SSD it shouldn't really take more than an hour to get everything setup.
The thing is, I'm not having issues on any other games, just cs go.

I will try doing all those steps with dropping resolution and quality.

What issue are your referring to with the 970? Is it the 3.5 gig of ram with the 512 of slow ram?

The thing is, I'm not having issues on any other games, just cs go.

I will try doing all those steps with dropping resolution and quality.

What issue are your referring to with the 970? Is it the 3.5 gig of ram with the 512 of slow ram?

The 970 has a defective memory allocation system. People get confused because they think that ram is allocated sequentially. It isn't.

It's very complicated, but no memory allocation system used in any modern OS allocates memory in such a way as to have a "last 512MB." The concept itself is asinine.

Either way, I don't think that's your problem, but to solve the issue, you need to eliminate the most obvious known issues first, before moving on. It'd be wise to eliminate this as a possibility.

The 970 has a defective memory allocation system. People get confused because they think that ram is allocated sequentially. It isn't.

It's very complicated, but no memory allocation system used in any modern OS allocates memory in such a way as to have a "last 512MB." The concept itself is asinine.

Either way, I don't think that's your problem, but to solve the issue, you need to eliminate the most obvious known issues first, before moving on. It'd be wise to eliminate this as a possibility.
I dropped the resolution down to 1600 by 900, and I lowered all settings to low and i'm still getting the stutter. Graphic memory usage is at 530 mb ish.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKaRc5VGTgI&feature=youtu.be

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."