• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

The "What are you playing now?" Thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
Got Kerbal Space Program on sale last week, been designing probably the dumbest rockets ever trying to get into space. Currently have two dudes in orbit around Kerbin (Earth) and I have no idea how to get them back down to the surface lol. I really need to read up on how to make better rockets.
KSP is great. Love that game. I also have many kerbals randoming orbiting the earth with no return in sight.

Reactions: NtG
KSP is great. Love that game. I also have many kerbals randoming orbiting the earth with no return in sight.
Yeah, the tutorials kept glitching out on me, so I don't really know how to do anything besides build the most basic rockets and get them into orbit. I'm planning on watching a couple episodes of Scott Manley's career mode tutorial (https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLYu7z3I8tdEkUeJRCh083UT-Lq5ZIKI75) when I have some time so I can learn how I'm actually supposed to do things.

I've been playing a lot of 3DS (technically 2DS) too, but mainly because I'm trying to beat my game collection so I can sell them to buy Wii U games now that I've finally got one of those (I have Mario Maker and Wooly World right now, but want to get SM3DW, Mario Kart 8, Bayonetta 2, Wind Waker HD, Kirby, DKCTF, and possibly Splatoon and NSMBU + LU).

I had a lot of fun with OoT and am really enjoying Majora's Mask (although the novelty of reversing time is beginning to wear off as I just want to play and not re-do certain quests over and over to progress), and finally beat DKCR (that final boss is a real bitch). I tried to jump back into Pokemon Y, but it's just not happening (Which has made me leery to buy Xenoblade X even though it looks great because as much as I like the idea of playing an RPG, I always lose interest once in turns into grinding). I tried the Yo-kai Watch demo, and thought it was an interesting world but didn't like the battle system. The next one I'm excited for is the Mega man legacy collection sometime early next year.

I grew up on grinding so I find a game with out some grinding easy or boring LOL. However yeah Yo Kai Watch battle system is odd but I am getting the hang of it and it becoming fun. So I wouldn't recommend to everyone but it is solid. I still have yet to get Bayonetta, DKTF, and Wind Waker but I played that before so it is not high up. I love Super Mario Maker and Mario Kart 8 and the Wonderful 101 is good as well. I love Nintendo consoles all over again I just wish the WiiU did better. Zelda U is what I am dieing for and welp... Finally get SM3DW the game is amazing and I played that game so much when I first got it. I still have to go for the five star mission though.

Finally I gave my PS4 some love again with Fallout 4 and I got Final Fantasy X and X-2 HD. So yeah I am a huge RPG guy so I have mostly all RPGs for the PS4 right now and a lot of indie games. My next game I am drolling over is No Mans Sky and Dark Souls 3. I think my Bi-Polar got the best of me because I went on a game buying binge my tax refund is almost gone lol.

Just realized that the final episode of Game of Thrones downloaded. Dunno if it came out this week or last, but I played it tonight. Hot damn there were some tough decisions. They really pulled out the stops in the final episode. Gonna spoiler the rest of my post for obvious reasons. Don't click it if you intend to play the final episode and don't wanna be spoiled. There will also be at least one major spoiler from episode five because it's impossible to talk about this episode without talking about the final choice in five.

Here are the choices I made:
  • First off, I saved Asher at the end of episode five. I liked Rodrik, but I figured Asher would be more use in the obvious combat to come. It was a practical decision. I also find his character a bit more interesting.
  • I told Margaery the truth and got myself dismissed from her service. Probably not the smartest idea given what happens.
  • I told Ludd to fuck off.
  • However, I decided to deceive him, invite him in thinking he'd won, and poison his ass. Sure, poison is kind of a bitch move, but let this be a modicum of revenge for the Red Wedding.
  • I sacrificed my wildling friend and used his heart for blood magic. In hindsight, this may not have been the best idea, but it seemed pointless to let him go to waste. He was gonna die either way.
  • Because I have no morals, I had Mira agree to marry Lord Asshat and threw Tom's ass under the bus. Sad to see my little coal boy buddy get his head lopped off, but more sad to have my own head chopped off. Practicality rules all. Mira can still get revenge if she's alive. If she's dead, not so much.
  • As an aside, I hate how Lord Asshat all of a sudden became comic book evil. Like, I'm fine with him betraying Mira, but it just seems like he was being evil to be evil there at the end with his marriage "proposal" and all that. Why not just give Mira the offer and be less of a dick about it? That seems like a much better way to get what you want.
  • I also thought the game was going to give me one last chance to confess to killing that guard and swap places with Tom. I wouldn't have done it, but it felt like a missed opportunity for the episode. It's one thing to screw Tom over from the confines of a cell. It would have been tougher with his little head on the chopping block, knowing that you have to click yes or no to decide his fate.
  • I poisoned Lord Whitehill and my mother. You gotta do what you gotta do.
  • Sadly, I wasn't able to kill that fucker Gryff because Gwyn stabbed me in the goddamn back. I probably shouldn't have promised her I wasn't going to do anything before poisoning her father and plotting to murder all her men.
  • Everything pretty much went to hell after that.
  • Asher got pretty fucked up in the fight that followed. Stabbed right through the gut with a sword, slashed a few times, hit with an arrow I think. Thankfully my sentinel saved me from certain death and loaded me on a horse that somehow avoided the entire Whitehill army and got me to safety.
  • Gryff survived, which is bullshit. I might replay the episode again just because I really want to kill that cocksucker.
  • It looks like Asher's sister, brother, sentinel, and Beshka survived, although Asher is in really bad shape.

Non-Spoiler summary:

That was a crazy episode. So much stuff happened, and it looks like a ton can change based on your choices throughout. I'm reading some discussions on the Telltale board about it and some people had wildly different experiences than I did. I don't normally replay Telltale episodes, but I might make an exception here just to see how much I can change with some different choices.

All in all, that was a really strong ending to the season. Telltale has some truly great writers on their staff, even if choice is often more of an illusion in the earlier episodes of their stuff. Gonna have to burn through the last few episodes of Tales from the Borderlands soon. Looking forward to that.

Bought Rocket League. It was like 10 bucks. Played for like an hour and it is a lot harder than it looks. The controls are simple but it is hard to get control of hitting and aiming.

Bought Rocket League. It was like 10 bucks. Played for like an hour and it is a lot harder than it looks. The controls are simple but it is hard to get control of hitting and aiming.

It is hard but easy to master until you have to play with the best. Basically it is easy to get good but you need to work to be great. I consider my self good and want to take the step but I do not have the time to be great at it. I am on pro or higher rank play exclusive online but be warned the A.I on highest difficulty is insane. Just keep at it and don't let anyone get to you if you make a mistake.

Currently playing Bloodborne New Hunters DLC and game, Fallout 4, Animal Crossing New Leaf, Pokemon y and Ruby (GBA) Yo-Kai Watch, Final Fantasy 10 HD and Virtues Last Reward

Have any of you guys played the new Star Wars The Old Republic update (apologies if I missed it)? BioWare was allowed to get back to what they do best and the game is actually fun again. The seems almost like a KOTR3 - not entirely, but still solid.

Anyone played the new Assassins Creed? Is it as good as advertised? Thinking of picking it up.

GameFAQs released a fun little tool that has you vote between two games repeatedly and then gives you a list of your favorite all-time games based on your answers. Obviously it's not perfect since it doesn't list every game ever, but it does a pretty good job of hitting most of the major titles.

http://slimedrippings.tumblr.com/gamefaqssort

My list, according to this:

1. Ocarina of Time
2. Half-Life 2
3. Super Mario 64
4. Portal 2
5. Super Mario Bros 3
6. Team Fortress 2
7. Metal Gear Solid 3
8. Metal Gear Solid
9. The Witcher 3
10. Deus Ex
11. Fallout 3
12. Final Fantasy Tactics
13. Morrowind
14. Half-Life
15. Chrono Trigger
16. Star Wars: KOTOR
17. GoldenEye 007
18. Portal
19. Red Dead Redemption
20. BioShock

I'd probably change the order of some of those around, but the top five pretty much nailed five of my favorite all-time games, and the rest of the list is pretty spot on. It goes on to list over 100 games, but I didn't feel like typing all of that out.

I would say the main issue with the tool is that there's no option for "haven't played that," which means you're stuck voting until you get two games you haven't played and saying you feel the same about them. There are games I haven't played, like Journey, that are somehow higher ranked than games I have played and really liked, such as Last of Us, which doesn't make a lot of sense.

Still, a fun thing to dick around with for ten minutes.

GameFAQs released a fun little tool that has you vote between two games repeatedly and then gives you a list of your favorite all-time games based on your answers. Obviously it's not perfect since it doesn't list every game ever, but it does a pretty good job of hitting most of the major titles.

http://slimedrippings.tumblr.com/gamefaqssort

My list, according to this:

1. Ocarina of Time
2. Half-Life 2
3. Super Mario 64
4. Portal 2
5. Super Mario Bros 3
6. Team Fortress 2
7. Metal Gear Solid 3
8. Metal Gear Solid
9. The Witcher 3
10. Deus Ex
11. Fallout 3
12. Final Fantasy Tactics
13. Morrowind
14. Half-Life
15. Chrono Trigger
16. Star Wars: KOTOR
17. GoldenEye 007
18. Portal
19. Red Dead Redemption
20. BioShock

I'd probably change the order of some of those around, but the top five pretty much nailed five of my favorite all-time games, and the rest of the list is pretty spot on. It goes on to list over 100 games, but I didn't feel like typing all of that out.

I would say the main issue with the tool is that there's no option for "haven't played that," which means you're stuck voting until you get two games you haven't played and saying you feel the same about them. There are games I haven't played, like Journey, that are somehow higher ranked than games I have played and really liked, such as Last of Us, which doesn't make a lot of sense.

Still, a fun thing to dick around with for ten minutes.

Here's what i got:

1. Halo 3
1. Call of Duty 4
1. Grand Theft Auto V
1. Mass Effect 2
5. Pokemon Red/Blue
6. Super Mario 64
7. Star Wars: KOTOR
7. Mass Effect 3
7. Skyrim
7. Morrowind
11. Mass Effect
11. Halo: Combat Evolved
13. Perfect Dark
14. Dark Souls
15. Oblivion
15. GTA: San Andreas
15. Starcraft
18. BioShock
19. BioShock Infinite
20. Age of Empires II
20. Portal 2
22. Super Mario Galaxy 2
23. Portal
23. Super Mario Galaxy
25. Pokemon Gold/Silver
26. Team Fortress 2

Weird that they forgot to put Counter-Strike into the list to choose from. Also, Halo 2 which is unanimously the best of all the Halo games..

Last edited:
Fun stuff, quite a bit I had never played/heard of.

1. The Witcher 3
1. Red Dead Redemption
3. World of Warcraft
4. GTA: San Andreas
5. Dragon Age: Origins
6. The Walking Dead
7. Fallout: New Vegas
8. GTA: Vice City
8. EarthBound
10. Mass Effect
11. BioShock
11. Halo: Combat Evolved
11. Silent Hill 2
14. Diablo II
14. Mass Effect 2
16. Mass Effect 3
16. GoldenEye 007
16. Grand Theft Auto V
19. Oblivion

Telltale's The Walking Dead Season 1 was free with gold last month, and I finished it up yesterday. I REALLY enjoyed the story telling that went on, and may be hooked on Telltale for a while now.

Is season 2 just as good? How is their Game of Thrones title? I'll probably decide between those 2 purchases next.

Hey, does anyone know why they never released a Pokemon RPG game that was actually 3D and for the modern consoles and not just the Gameboy versions?

Telltale's The Walking Dead Season 1 was free with gold last month, and I finished it up yesterday. I REALLY enjoyed the story telling that went on, and may be hooked on Telltale for a while now.

Is season 2 just as good? How is their Game of Thrones title? I'll probably decide between those 2 purchases next.

I'd get both and not look back, all 3 are some of the best story telling games in a while imo.

Edit: also the wolf among us, season 2 and wolf are on sale on steam atm

Last edited:

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."