• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Johnny Manziel: Swan Won't Return His Calls

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
People have consistently killed other teams all around the NFL for not disciplining players and letting them run roughshod over this or that.

Manziel exhibits a pattern of being a flat out asshole with no respect for his position, his teammates or the staff. He's suspended....people are pissed because they didn't let him get away with it like others do.

America.

I wonder how many quarterbacks have gone to a bar on a bye week. I also wonder how many have been demoted for walking into that bar.

How many of those quarterbacks spent the offseason in rehab for substance abuse and presumably promised their team to stay out of trouble during bye week?

There's nothing wrong with an NFL player going to a bar in a vacuum. But this situation wasn't in a vacuum. This is a player who has continually made an ass of both himself and his team, and as such punishment is warranted.

How many of those quarterbacks spent the offseason in rehab for substance abuse and presumably promised their team to stay out of trouble during bye week?

There's nothing wrong with an NFL player going to a bar in a vacuum. But this situation wasn't in a vacuum. This is a player who has continually made an ass of both himself and his team, and as such punishment is warranted.

Let's not forget about the domestic incident in which he admitted to day drinking or the photos that came out after the weekend of the Thursday night game where he threw a party in College Station....

The people who are giving this kid a free pass are clueless. Manziel will never be able to be relied upon. Never. He's a wannabe celebrity, not an NFL QB.

Sounds like he is auditioning for the veteran mentor role for a rookie 1st rounder next season... and crushing it.

Was there any doubt that he would be kept around? His play and attitude has more than justified another $5M for him.

Let's not forget about the domestic incident in which he admitted to day drinking or the photos that came out after the weekend of the Thursday night game where he threw a party in College Station....

The people who are giving this kid a free pass are clueless. Manziel will never be able to be relied upon. Never. He's a wannabe celebrity, not an NFL QB.

I agree with your point except for the idea that having a couple drinks at lunch is the same thing as day drinking. I mean, he wasn't even drunk enough to force the police to make him do a field sobriety test. The pictures from the two trips to Texas clearly show he was lit though.

I think the biggest problem with all three incidents from the Browns' perspective though is that all three sparked endless questions for everyone to deal with and we're just giant distractions. His play on the field, while somewhat improving, doesn't warrant that constant headache.

Was there any doubt that he would be kept around? His play and attitude has more than justified another $5M for him.

Because he isn't actually that good and only 15 months younger than our offensive coordinator.

Because he isn't actually that good and only 15 months younger than our offensive coordinator.

I mean I know his won/loss record has been shit and I wouldn't want him as my long term option, but do you really think a new GM would cut him especially when they won't be paying the guy we draft that much?

And the age of our OC and QB coach says more about them than it does about McCown.

And the age of our OC and QB coach says more about them than it does about McCown.

That's just another depressilarious trivia gem I've been sitting on all year... time to break it out before everyone just stops reading the Browns section completely.

That's just another depressilarious trivia gem I've been sitting on all year... time to break it out before everyone just stops reading the Browns section completely.

To be fair though, Adam Gase became an OC two years earlier than Flip (both the same age) and no one acts like he's a joke.

I agree with your point except for the idea that having a couple drinks at lunch is the same thing as day drinking. I mean, he wasn't even drunk enough to force the police to make him do a field sobriety test. The pictures from the two trips to Texas clearly show he was lit though.

I think the biggest problem with all three incidents from the Browns' perspective though is that all three sparked endless questions for everyone to deal with and we're just giant distractions. His play on the field, while somewhat improving, doesn't warrant that constant headache.

The bolded part would be true if he was normal person.

The thing that gets me is the dude was in rehab for this shit and people still want to treat his drinking like it's the same as a person without addiction issues.

Johnny having a drink or putting himself in those situations is not handling his shit responsibly. If you go further and look into recovery statistics you'll find that only around 1/3rd of people actually recover from it let alone go on to become successful NFL qbs.

Granted most people probably haven't had to deal with addiction issues. Which causes a disconnect because they don't understand how these are all warning signs of a bigger issue. Not only signs of a bigger issue but some of these show a the person who isn't actively trying to correct the problem.

Agree with everything but the last part.

SOunds like you are experiencedwith this in one way or another. if you are, you know stuff is triggered randomly and turns into something else very quickly. he was probably a hundred percent honest when he said he wouldn't go out too.

To the people without experience, yes he's at fault, but imagine being as vulnerable as an infant, and the potential for getting sick is literally everywhere.

Even your mind plays tricks on you. how Do you protect yourself from everything around you, and your own brain?

The bolded part would be true if he was normal person.

The thing that gets me is the dude was in rehab for this shit and people still want to treat his drinking like it's the same as a person without addiction issues.

Johnny having a drink or putting himself in those situations is not handling his shit responsibly. If you go further and look into recovery statistics you'll find that only around 1/3rd of people actually recover from it let alone go on to become successful NFL qbs.

Granted most people probably haven't had to deal with addiction issues. Which causes a disconnect because they don't understand how these are all warning signs of a bigger issue. Not only signs of a bigger issue but some of these show a the person who isn't actively trying to correct the problem.

Reactions: KB

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."