• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Let it all out. The Cavaliers Rant Thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
I posted this in the Blatt thread and will post it here as well. LeBron and James Jones basically called out the team after the Toronto loss in a players-only meeting.

LeBron James, James Jones question players' mindset after loss to Raptors

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/1...old-players-only-meeting-loss-toronto-raptors

Following a 103-99 road loss to the Toronto Raptors on Wednesday, the Cleveland Cavaliers held a players-only meeting during which LeBron James and James Jones got on the team for their inconsistent play through the Cavs' 11-4 start to the season, multiple sources told ESPN.com.

The way we played in the 4th quarter tonight was mindless and often gutless. I'm glad that LeBron and Jones brought it up.

In the big scheme it's not a huge deal, we're still very injured right now. But what was happening down the stretch of the game was not what you see from a championship-level team. The defensive breakdowns and lack of effort, along with the scattered offense, just won't work.

Sure. I'll rant. How fuckin brittle is this team?

Gilbert needs to moneyhat Pheonix's trainers.

While we're at it let's get the Warriors' training team since their players never get injured. Maybe we'll get the rights to same magic pixie dust.

LeBron is going to spend the season chasing the Warriors and is going to piss his teammates off doing so. Players only meeting is silly and unneccessary. He needs to ease up on these guys.

I still don't know what the fuck a Drake is and why there was a night dedicated to it..

Take out our two wins against the Sixers and we are at 9-4, which really puts us back in the pack with the Bulls, Heat, and Pacers. Sure we are better than that when (and IF) we can be injury-free, but we are really not playing like a championship team.

I am a fan of taking it easy during the regular season in the sense that the key players shouldn't play too many minutes. But when people are playing they should play RIGHT on both ends of the court. We've seen too much slacking off on defense.

Bulls heat pacers are not missing 2 of their top 5 players on their team

Take out our two wins against the Sixers and we are at 9-4, which really puts us back in the pack with the Bulls, Heat, and Pacers. Sure we are better than that when (and IF) we can be injury-free, but we are really not playing like a championship team.

I am a fan of taking it easy during the regular season in the sense that the key players shouldn't play too many minutes. But when people are playing they should play RIGHT on both ends of the court. We've seen too much slacking off on defense.
Why would you take away our wins but not theirs? If the point is we arent playing like a championship team, then who is? Only Golden State? Good thing they arent in the East....

Lebron is trippin right now. He can't hold meetings talking about effort when he's loafing and sulking on defense or when he doesn't get a perfect entry pass. He's not out there playing with the passion and effort that KG does but he's trying to front on his team in public every chance he gets.

What exactly is he trying to prove? I think we've lost 4 games that we would've won with our roster at full strength and I'm upset? He was complaining about rest last season and being fresh for the playoffs but now he wants us to be regular season Warriors.

I'm not saying he should chill or that the team needs to chill but the need to make up their minds. Are we trying to win the regular season or are we trying to win the championship.

We didn't have Delly, Kyrie, Shump, or Timo and we played a team at full strength on the road and barely lost. That doesn't merrit a team meeting. Toronto by all accounts was supposed to win that game.

Some of y'all don't seem to understand what team meetings are

LeBron is going to spend the season chasing the Warriors and is going to piss his teammates off doing so. Players only meeting is silly and unneccessary. He needs to ease up on these guys.

Why does it matter if his teammates are pissed at him (if they even will be at all)? It's not like they are going to freeze him out come playoff time. They need him to win and they know that.

In my opinion there is nothing wrong with calling out effort (especially on the defensive end) when that seems to be inconsistent with certain teammates. How many uncontested layups have the Cavs given up in their losses? Some of it may be the limitations of players, but some of it appears to be effort. Delly and LeBron have been the only consistent defenders through the first fifteen games.

Last edited:

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."