• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Johnny Manziel: Swan Won't Return His Calls

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
We are getting a new QB next year. Merry Christmas to all and to Johnny a good night.

The guy that shot the video could have blackmailed Johnny for more if he'd approached him before posting it.

Hopefully Johnny gets the help he needs, and gets off this team.

The guy that shot the video could have blackmailed Johnny for more if he'd approached him before posting it.

Hopefully Johnny gets the help he needs, and gets off this team.
Hopefully the Browns get the help they need and the Cowboys give them a 6th rounder. Farmer is money from the 6th on.

If Manziel lied to the team and said he didnt go to any bars on thursday and friday after the fact.

That would make sense to demote him. He really had no reason to lie to the team.

seems odd though that the pictures came out Monday and the first people to talk to him was the media while he was doing charity work. He said the video might be old and he had not seen it.

If that did happen it should be the primary reason Pettine took the course of action he did.

If Manziel lied to the team and said he didnt go to any bars on thursday and friday after the fact.

That would make sense to demote him. He really had no reason to lie to the team.

If he thought he had to lie to the team, that obviously means he knew there would be repercussions coming if they found out the truth, which in turn, means he gave them his word he'd stay out of the party scene..

He partied in Columbus after the OSU game but the club he went to prohibited photos and videos

. It’s one thing if Manziel breaks the law, violates a league or team policy, or has his work suffer because of partying,

First, unless he has completely mastered the playbook and watched every bit of film on the Ravens' defense this season twice, and knows that defense and those players cold then flying to Texas and partying for a weekend means that his preparation for the game will be adversely affected. That's his "work", and it would suffer.

Second, a QB is supposed to be a leader and set the tone for other players. Flying off to Texas for a weekend of partying right after being named the starter, and when your teammates know you are an inexperienced player who should be cramming for that game, is a failure of leadership. And that part of his "work" suffers even if he does know every possible thing there is to know about the Ravens' defense.

First, unless he has completely mastered the playbook and watched every bit of film on the Ravens' defense this season twice, and knows that defense and those players cold then flying to Texas and partying for a weekend means that his preparation for the game will be adversely affected. That's his "work", and it would suffer.

Second, a QB is supposed to be a leader and set the tone for other players. Flying off to Texas for a weekend of partying right after being named the starter, and when your teammates know you are an inexperienced player who should be cramming for that game, is a failure of leadership. And that part of his "work" suffers even if he does know every possible thing there is to know about the Ravens' defense.
Your saying not only should the qb show up earlier and leave later but when the team has a by week and send their players home for a few days that the qb should hole themselves up in a room for those days and study film.

That doesnt happen in the NFL. these guys are spending time with their family and or friends.

You would also be condemning Manziel for having charity obligations etc.

The bye week gives players a physical break and a mental break.

Even after Pettine announced his punishment he referenced how hard Manziel has worked and the improvements he made and inferred this is why Manziel isnt on a dead in street.

Manziel wasnt demoted for a lack of work ethic or not being prepared, or anything related to football.

Players getting away from the building for a mental break during the bye week is a good idea. I don't think anyone is suggesting it isn't healthy to do. What I don't understand is how people can't see the difference in getting away to blow off steam and what Manziel did when factoring in the thin ice he's been on since he joined the damn organization. This wasn't the ONLY thing he's ever done while a member of the Browns. This is probably the 30th regrettable moment he's had in the Browns eyes in less than 2 years.

Everyone needs to understand Manziel is not just another football player or 1 of 53 on this team. #1 he's a quarterback and as you heard from the head coach, the QB is held to a different and higher standard. #2 all the stuff he's done to himself to bring this attention to him has caused him to be the #3 QB. No one did this to him. Manziel has done it to himself and now is the accountability phase. Let's see how he responds.

Your saying not only should the qb show up earlier and leave later but when the team has a by week and send their players home for a few days that the qb should hole themselves up in a room for those days and study film....

No, not "the" QB. Just this QB. And I'm not saying he cannot do anything else. But this was two out of the last three weekends he flew back to Texas, which is more than just taking a brief break.

If he was an established, successful veteran QB, or perhaps even a younger QB who had been starting for the whole season but having a great season, I'd feel differently.

But for a young QB who has had struggles both on and off the field, has embarrassed himself and his team, and who has just been given the opportunity to start for the rest of the season, I'd expect to see ass-busting, and especially a lot of film study. Not just to prepare himself, but to demonstrate his commitment and maturity to his teammates.

That doesnt happen in the NFL. these guys are spending time with their family and or friends.

What is generally true for most players isn't always true for QB's, what is true for most QB's isn't always true for young players getting their first chance as the committed starter, and what is true for even those players generally isn't true for a guy with the history of Manziel. He owed it to his teammates to demonstrate an exceptional level of diligence under these circumstances - especially considering how the Browns have sucked.

You can't look at this without considering his past history with alcohol and how it has led him to be perceived. Justified or not, his teammates are all aware of that, and he owes it to them to demonstrate that he is going to maximize this opportunity by being the best possible QB he can be.

You would also be condemning Manziel for having charity obligations etc.

No, I wouldn't. That wouldn't implicate the concerns that justifiably exist regarding g his personal conduct.

The bye week gives players a physical break and a mental break.

Dude has been riding the bench for a good chunk of the season. He should be like a racehorse champing at the bit for a chance to get out, not looking to head into the barn.

Now, whether or not he should be demoted for that alone is a much closer question, but I'd probably agree not. Still a damned immature thing to do

I've always favored giving him a chance even this season, bit I'm now looking for a new QB even if he starts after this game and plays lights out. I'd just still be too worried about him regressing in terms of behaviors.

He just doesn't get that he's supposed to be on his best behavior, and has to change his image. That's important to instill confidence in his teammates, and to convince potential FA's that he's not still a giant douche.

What is not being said enough is the mistrust he's showing his teammates..

How many times have we heard from his teammates that this is a different Manziel from last season, etc..

A) How does it make them feel that they were wrong about him?

B) He's made them look like fools for vouching for him.

What is not being said enough is the mistrust he's showing his teammates..

How many times have we heard from his teammates that this is a different Manziel from last season, etc..

A) How does it make them feel that they were wrong about him?

B) He's made them look like fools for vouching for him.

Same could be said for some on here, honestly.

You know he's acting like a fool and he hasn't even done anything in this league. In fact he's been AWFUL thus far in his career. Imagine, if he ever gets going (so unlikely I cannot describe) what his ego would be like. He'd be even more out of control if he thought he could actually 'wreck this league'

Here's what really grinds my gears about the whole situation: It is not what he does, for I think he is about as useless as one human can be, but rather look at the other people in the video of him.
Beats by Dre kid at a club with loud music needs to be castrated, but probably has balls the size of cashews.
Kid getting into the picture once found brief fame for asking people to quit picking on Britney.
Fat fuck in the background is staring ominously at everyone, much like fat fucks tend to do.
If drinking champagne is impairing your ability to do things well, its not the alcohol, its not addiction, its not anything but the fact that you are a giant twat.
I want to see him drink a handle of cheap as fuck whiskey, smoke 3 blunts, take some unidentified pills, don't sleep for a couple of days, and then come out drinking an 18 pack and firing for 400 yards and 5 tds.
Fuck, Rock Raines was doing blow on the diamond.
Jim Kelly was so fucked up he stole Thurman's helmet during a game.
Bernie must of been doing something.
Then there is this twat, who drinks some champagne and then ends up dry humping lawn ornaments. His only problem is being a cunt

Manziel was at Town Hall last night and according to some he was pounding shots, but he tried to keep a low profile wearing thick glasses

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."