• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Fallout 4

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
I've just spent the last 2 hours building a basketball court in my settlement. I'm still not finished, need to add seating, lighting and other such things. But the court with benches is ready. And the upper seating is too, but it's all standing room. Knowing me, I'll scrap it all and completely redo it even larger before the day is done.. Time to go adventuring and replenish my supplies.

Ball is life

giphy.gif

Well... :chuckle:

They each have their own charms.

I like New Vegas more than Fallout 3, but that definitely wasn't the case when the game was released. FO:NV grows on the player the more they get into the game and the sheer amount of depth put into the game mechanics. It's a much deeper game than Fallout 3.

That being said, Fallout 3's atmosphere was phenomenal. The desolate wasteland of Washington D.C., the factions of Brotherhood, Three Dog's radio station; it was really a great game on it's own.

New Vegas took that, and improved much of it, but like KOTOR2, also left some things feeling unfinished. It's interesting how Obsidian chooses to spend their time and resources.

All in all though, I don't think either of those games are better than Fallout 2; and, I'm not far enough through Fallout 4 to say one way or another. I won't give a definitive answer for at least several more months I think.
That's pretty much the book on all Obsidian projects to date. They have incredible vision and amazing narrative (give Chris Avellone a ton of props as hes an absolute genius), but they're sunk by rushed deadlines and almost no troubleshooting and bug fixes.

Still I've always enjoyed Obsidian games, even the misses, because they're so damn ambitious in how they try to push RPGs forward.

Working on building up the Castle right now.

C03986021CD3E985078CFC28DCA6F22E54517A51

Going to relocate all of my power armor there to make it my official forward military outpost. You can see the power armor platform in the background on the right.

I also filled in the holes in the wall of the Castle. Now the only entrance that isn't an actual door is the one you see across the courtyard from where I'm standing. Still need to add defenses to that opening but that won't take long.

I consolidated all of the generators into one room as well. You can't see it above, but I reallocated the kitchen inside of the Castle into the generator room and all of the power in the base now originates in that room. It just generally makes everything cleaner. I plan to do the same with Sanctuary sometime in the near future, but I'll worry about that later.

Finally, you can see the house I build on the left. There's nothing in it just yet, but it's two stories and has an exit on top of the wall. I plan to turn it into my personal home inside of the base, complete with all of my crafting equipment and some storage.

Next step is to move those tato plants from the courtyard to the top of the wall.

It would be nice to completely destroy what your friends have built in Fallout if there was an online portion. I guess some people just like to watch the world burn.

So they pretty much put the Real Time Settler mod from Fallout 3/NV into the game? I'm going to have to piece together a PC that will run this and get it. I love the Fallout games themselves, but that mod doubled the hours I put into Fallout 3.

So they pretty much put the Real Time Settler mod from Fallout 3/NV into the game? I'm going to have to piece together a PC that will run this and get it. I love the Fallout games themselves, but that mod doubled the hours I put into Fallout 3.

Any PC can run the game when optimized.

You can get 45-60+ FPS on a laptop running a GT 750. I know because I setup my friends laptop to run the game and his min FPS is 30, which is what the console runs at anyway, with avg framerate at ~47.

p.s.
To this end, FO4 is very poorly optimized.. I mean awfully so.. Don't fret if you aren't getting good framerates. Optimize your setup and you can double or even triple frame rates with just some basic tweaks.

Last edited:
It would be nice to completely destroy what your friends have built in Fallout if there was an online portion. I guess some people just like to watch the world burn.

This is already a game called Rust. Fallout 4's building is essentially the same as Rust's was back when I used to play it. The entire point of that game (it may have changed by now...haven't played it in forever and it was early access back then...might still be) was to collect resources and build giant structures. I posted some pics of what we build in the "What are you playing" thread. We had a fun little rivalry with another group and were constantly trying to find and breach the other team's structures, set ambushes, and what not.

So Bethesda was in talks with George R.R. Martin to make a Game of Thrones game a while ago... Doesn't that sound like a horrible match of world and publisher? I can see why they thought it would work from an open-world and faction standpoint, but GoT is all about dialogue and political maneuvering, something that just wouldn't carry over to an Elder Scrolls style game.

Did some building today for the hell of it.

Exterior view:
2015_11_27_00017.jpg

Another exterior view:
2015_11_27_00018.jpg

Entrance view:
2015_11_27_00011.jpg

Alternate angle:
2015_11_27_00010.jpg

Opposite wall:
2015_11_27_00012.jpg

Upstairs bedroom:
2015_11_27_00020.jpg

More upstairs:
2015_11_27_00016.jpg

Opposite upstairs wall:
2015_11_27_00015.jpg

---

Also did some renovations at the Castle...

New entrance area:
2015_11_27_00004.jpg

This is what's in the building on top of the wall:
2015_11_27_00005.jpg

Also prettied up my power armor storage area:
2015_11_27_00001.jpg

The game is a fun shooter for sure, but it doesn't even resemble a rpg outside of perks/leveling, maybe witcher 3 has turned me into a rpg snob.

The game is a fun shooter for sure, but it doesn't even resemble a rpg outside of perks/leveling, maybe witcher 3 has turned me into a rpg snob.

How do you mean?

EDIT:

I guess what I'm getting at, and have been throughout the thread, is that I think folks are conflating different kinds of RPGs.

Fallout 1-4 are all pretty much exactly the same kind of RPG, there is little difference in game mechanics between the games at all. These were traditionally considered an "American/Western (really British)-style" of RPG.

The Witcher really doesn't play this way; it's not remotely the same style. It's more in the style of Mass Effect, Dragon Age, KOTOR, etc which are hybrid RPGs mixing D&D-style game-play with modern/Western styled narratives.

Fallout isn't really meant to play like these games, and the protagonist is never actually supposed to develop a complex story arc. The protagonist is simply a vessel, a canvas, to get you (actually you the individual) into the game.

This is why so many people asked Bethesda not to have the protagonist character be voiced - not to have them as being married, or heterosexual, or of a particular gender. Because this defines aspects of the character that aren't easily changed conceptually. You can't really be homosexual, for instance, in Fallout 4 - you can't be anything other than married/widowed, the male character is always a veteran, and the female character always was a lawyer (never the reverse; you always will be a parent, etc.

This is actually somewhat against the grain of Fallout. There are mods in the works to remove all of these aspects of the game, including the narration (which you can download now), so the game can play more like Fallout and less like other RPGs.

I just wouldn't compare the two games on the basis of narrative and story. I would compare them on their polish, graphics, etc. In that respect, having played both, The Witcher is the better game for a myriad of reasons. But play style is really a matter of taste. I actually prefer the play style of Fallout (all of them) more so than any other RPG because of it's openness. That openness is achieved via a complete lack of narrative and story.

Last edited:
On that note, gouri, one of my favorite moments from the story was when...

You meet your son for the first time since being frozen to find out that he's older than you are. You kind of just accept this, ask him two or three questions, and then move on with your life. Like, the writing in that scene is just terrible. This guy meets the son he's been searching for (off and on...I had a post-apocalyptic bachelor pad to build, son!) since he woke up. He proceeds to have about a three minute conversation with him before accepting a mission from the (former) kid, looting the Institute for everything he could carry, and then heading back into the wasteland. My dude barely even sounded all that shocked that his son was older than him, and still creepily calls him "Father" instead of Shawn after finding out the truth.

The above is why I honestly think this game would have worked just as well without the dead spouse, kidnapped son story. Your character could just as easily have been a blank slate, single guy (or gal) who wakes up in the wasteland after a few hundred years of cryosleep gone wrong, gets himself involved in the civil war going on there, and goes from there. Given that adding a kidnapped son (who was an infant and not even a character when he was taken) and a wife that dies after about five lines of dialogue, it's not as if we've got an emotional attachment to the two anyway. I doubt anyone here was like, "I MUST FIND MY SON!" So why bother with that plot at all? Investigating the Institute for the sake of answering questions about what they're doing would have been interesting enough to me without the son coming into play at all.

As you said, Fallout is a series about exploration, and I agree that giving your character a mandatory backstory was a mistake and, more importantly, totally pointless. Almost nothing from this game would have needed to be changed if you removed Shawn from it altogether. Hell, just make it about someone else's kid who was kidnapped by the Institute, with you and Nick Valentine playing buddy cops to figure things out and try to get him back.

How do you mean?

-No durability, no real "loot" system, it's the same weapons/armor over and over with a different "mod", yeah there's special mods(weps/armor) from legendary monsters but ehh outside of that there's no making weapons/armors it's just adding mods to already made armor.
-Set "loot" system, notice you don't see a certain weapon type/armor type until you reach a certain level? Did the same thing in skyrim, why not allow us energy weapons from the jump even if they're garbage?
-Why is my updated Vault Suit so much better then anything else? It's so gay looking I'd rather go naked.
-Why did they remove skills? I like perks I do, but there suppose to enhance skills not replace them.
-Lock picking/Hacking are worthless after about level 20, there's no special areas/loot that make them worth having(compared to the last 2)
-Companions no longer die, apparently it's to hard for people to manage them, they just want them to do the work for them while they chill in VATS. At least make a menu option for that on/off. I don't even use one now because of that corny bullshit.
-No longer do you apply your skills in certain choices. Like explosives or medical in a convo to access extras or approach the mission different.
-Since skills can't be applied to choices, it's go to this location and kill everyone, report back, could skip certain things if you had a skill that met certain requirement before.
-There's no change in outcomes for quests/convos when you use that "dont believe you" "theres more info" option that pops up in convo, i've done a few quests where I reload it and did a different option in there, it changed maybe 1 line of dialogue, rest of the quests was the same, after was the same.
-Why tie charisma to convo checks when those said convo checks do nothing and add nothing, (witcher 3 use a sign in convo and by pass 20 mins) a reason to actually have it and use it.
-Removed limb damage that couldn't just be recovered instantly by a stimpack, no longer need the doctor/doctor bag. No longer that "oh shit" moment in the middle of a fight cause your head is rocked or leg is crippled, just pop a stimpack and your back at it champ!
-The game feels like a set story and you're along for the ride, you might be able to effect one or two quests, but you won't be able to effect the entire world/story like say Witcher.(Witcher 3 is a set story in the sense, but you can branch/change so many things to it, Witcher 3 has 36 different endings.)
-The scripted attacks at settlements got boring after the 2nd one, same thing always, group of 7-15 attack, I guess at least it could be raiders or mutants.
-The house building could be fun, but then you realize what do you really need to store besides your power armor? I guess you could store the 500 pipe pistols and rifles you get.
-They want you collect items, but why only certain items? Why can't I chop trees? Why can't I take parts off cars? Why can't I take parts from buildings?
-Why is this 200 years after the war and there's still no real veggies yet I can find unspoiled food and drinks? Why are herbs growing that I can pick, but no trees/grass/weeds are growing? How is my garden growing but nothing else does?
-Exploring was always a fun part of Fallout, but I just feel there's nothing really unique about each spot you goto, cops stations all the same, etc. Outside of books I don't even want to explore anything now, partly because I don't want to loot fans to build some more torrents for those scripted events.
-Witcher 3 every area of the game felt like the team put serious thought and time into that spot to make it feel different, Fallout it feels like they just place a bunch of random shit everywhere and call that an area.
-Like Diamond City, it's Megaton 2.0 and it still doesn't have any people! 200 years after and the biggest city still has no people. It just felt like another area in the game, where you go to Novigrad in Witcher 3, and you're like holy shit this the main city!
-That might be my problem with Bethesda in general, It feels they just drop a pile of stuff onto of other stuff and go from there, and just lazy all around. The 2 new biggest features were basically just PC mods they took and added, Weather Effects(Nevada Skies) and building(Real Time Settler). It just doesn't feel organic just forced. I dunno
-Like the story, Pre-War, why not spend more time there to build any feelings for your wife/kid? You knew them 5mins, why should I care ones dead the other got kidnapped and I gotta find him? Knowing Bethesda just like Fallout 3 with your dad, when you do probably find him he dies, cause that's the type of thing they find "unique" and "gripping"
-They removed the Good/Evil system because they realized they have no fucking clue how to apply actions into a game, being bad the entire game and getting the same interactions/convos/quests/story/ending as being good isn't rpg.
-Why am I sneaking up on Raiders and they have better convos/interactions with each other then anyone else I've talked to or lived with in this game?

I'm sure I'm missing some, and I'm sure I'm just being totally gay on others, but at level 25 I feel nothing is really happening anymore that feels fresh or unique, I feel like for the last 10 hours in this game it's been the same thing over and over with a generic story added on(if you can call it that). I just don't feel they really added anything to make it better/improved, the updated graphics are nice same with the weather effects(nothing new on PC). Don't get me wrong it's still fun to go around shooting/blowing stuff up, but that's just about it.

Fallout 3 to Fallout 4 reminds me of Mass Effect, they add new cool shiny things but slowly remove the rpg aspects outside of leveling to appeal to the masses, the more dumbed-down streamed lined the game is, the more wider audience it reaches.

Last edited:
-No durability,

Not sure what you mean by this? Endurace/HP/DMG /Eff Resistance all create a durability system. This is essentially the same as FO3 but different than FO4.

no real "loot" system, it's the same weapons/armor over and over with a different "mod",

There's obviously a loot system, I think it's too much of a system to be honest. This game has more use/value to every piece of junk than any other Fallout prior to it.

yeah there's special mods(weps/armor) from legendary monsters but ehh outside of that there's no making weapons/armors it's just adding mods to already made armor.

You've never been able to make weapons/armor from nothing in Fallout.

-Set "loot" system, notice you don't see a certain weapon type/armor type until you reach a certain level?

You mean level-based item drops? Most RPGs do this. Almost all of them actually.

Did the same thing in skyrim, why not allow us energy weapons from the jump even if they're garbage?

I've had energy weapons since the beginning of the game; I'm not sure what you mean.

-Why is my updated Vault Suit so much better then anything else? It's so gay looking I'd rather go naked.

AFAIK, it isn't.

-Why did they remove skills?

To streamline the game; make it more Skyrim like.

I like perks I do, but there suppose to enhance skills them not replace them.

Ehh.. I thought so too, but to be honest, the perk system is fine. It's different, obviously less detailed than the skill system, and yes I prefer the skill system, but, Perks are fine.

Regardless of preference, I'm not sure if this makes the game less of an RPG.

-Lock picking/Hacking are worthless after about level 20, there's no special areas/loot that make them worth having(compared to the last 2)

That's a flaw with the game itself, and I don't necessarily disagree - but, you could make the same argument for several NV character builds.

-Companions no longer die,

Companions don't die in New Vegas once hired unless playing in Hardcore mode. This isn't new.

apparently it's to hard for people to manage them, they just want them to do the work for them while they chill in VATS.

??

At least make a menu option for that on/off.

Again, no argument from me there - I think having a Hardcore mode would be fine. But it's not necessary. Most people don't use it anyway since they think it's too difficult.

I don't even use one now because of that corny bullshit.

Because they don't die? Companions have always been overpowered.

-No longer do you apply your skills in certain choices. Like explosives or medical in a convo to access extras or approach the mission different.

This isn't exactly true. You can use perks to get new menu options. There are no "skills" in the game.

-Since skills can't be applied to choices,

There's no skills.

it's go to this location and kill everyone, report back, could skip certain things if you had a skill that met certain requirement before.

Lot of people say this and while I've found some truth to it, it's not really representative of how the game works.

In FO4, it's the path of least resistance to go kill everyone. The missions aren't well thought out.

But, the game is more than capable of providing additional options based on having perks. It does this already, just not widely throughout the game.

Instead, Bethesda gives you the mission and you choose how to complete it, it's not spelled out for you. There are numerous missions where you might think you have to go sweep an area and you don't really have to - you could use sneak, and do a completely pacifist play-through of the mission.

The bigger issue is that Charisma checks are completely random, which again, makes killing the far more likely outcome (simply put, you're often 3-4x more likely to end up in combat than you would be in New Vegas). But this is also just like FO3 works, so again, this isn't new to FO4.

-There's no change in outcomes for quests/convos when you use that "dont believe you" "theres more info" option that pops up in convo, i've done a few quests where I reload it and did a different option in there, it changed maybe 1 line of dialogue, rest of the quests was the same, after was the same.

Indeed.

-Why tie charisma to convo checks when those said convo checks do nothing and add nothing, (witcher 3 use a sign in convo and by pass 20 mins) a reason to actually have it and use it.

Charisma replaces Speech, there are no skills in FO4.

I've noticed Charisma checks do provide quite a bit of differentiation, but not as much as previous games.

-Removed limb damage that couldn't just be recovered instantly by a stimpack,

That was a New Vegas feature. FO3 didn't do this. You're referring to the need for Doctor's Bags. There aren't any in FO3 or FO4.

Again, this isn't new to FO4.

no longer need the doctor/doctor bag.

See above.

No longer that "oh shit" moment in the middle of a fight cause your head is rocked or leg is crippled, just pop a stimpack and your back at it champ!

That's exactly how FO3 works.

-The game feels like a set story and you're along for the ride, you might be able to effect one or two quests, but you won't be able to effect the entire world/story like say Witcher.

There is no world/story in Fallout 1,2, or 3. Never has been. I wouldn't expect Fallout 4 to change that.

New Vegas was the first and only one that attempted to have some kind of story that the player could affect and alter the outcome.

(Witcher 3 is a set story in the sense, but you can branch/change so many things to it, Witcher 3 has 36 different endings.)

Witcher and Fallout aren't the same kinds of games.

-The scripted attacks at settlements got boring after the 2nd one, same thing always, group of 7-15 attack, I guess at least it could be raiders or mutants.

Totally agree, it's a flaw in the game.

-The house building could be fun, but then you realize what do you really need to store besides your power armor? I guess you could store the 500 pipe pistols and rifles you get.

I suppose. I don't really care about the house building shit, it's such a waste of time if you ask me.

-They want you collect items, but why only certain items? Why can't I chop trees? Why can't I take parts off cars? Why can't I take parts from buildings?

This isn't a flaw in the game, you could make this argument about any game.

-Why is this 200 years after the war and there's still no real veggies yet I can find unspoiled food and drinks?

This makes perfect sense.

Nuclear fallout and the subsequent nuclear winter has completely devastated the ecosystem and it's only just now returning in a new state. Most life on Earth was wiped out, particularly wildlife and vegetation.

This effect hasn't anything to do with food spoilage. Many foods that are hermetically sealed, vacuum packed and processed will not go bad, even 200 years from now. So, many canned goods, dried foods, etc, might still be edible.

But beyond that, this has always been the case in Fallout, so.. seems more of a grievance with Fallout rather than with it being an RPG.

-Exploring was always a fun part of Fallout, but I just feel there's nothing really unique about each spot you goto, cops stations all the same, etc. Outside of books I don't even want to explore anything now, partly because I don't want to loot fans to build some more torrents for those scripted events.

I would strongly advise you to use the console commands or the mod that provides all the junk/misc parts if you are worried about settlement building. I am not worried about settlements -- it's the furthest thing from my mind.

-Witcher 3 every area of the game felt like the team put serious thought and time into that spot to make it feel different, Fallout it feels like they just place a bunch of random shit everywhere and call that an area.

That's because the areas are procedurally generated. It's not really a completely handcrafted world.

Again though, this is really a comparison of Witcher 3 to Fallout 4, and not really how Fallout 4 isn't an RPG.

-Like Diamond City, it's Megaton 2.0

That's the idea.

and it still doesn't have any people! 200 years after and the biggest city still has no people.

How many people did you expect it to have? And why are you assuming 200 years after a nuclear war would mean sprawling cities?

It just felt like another area in the game, where you go to Novigrad in Witcher 3, and you're like holy shit this the main city!

:chuckle: Why are we still talking about Witcher 3? It seems you really just wanted to play The Witcher.. ;)

-That might be my problem with Bethesda in general, It feels they just drop a pile of stuff onto of other stuff and go from there, and just lazy all around.

They made a really good sandbox game. Once the GECK is released, the game will be refined by the modding community and DLC will make adjustments.

The 2 new biggest features were basically just PC mods they took and added, Weather Effects(Nevada Skies) and building(Real Time Settler). It just doesn't feel organic just forced. I dunno

The game is radically different IMHO, but I play FO/NV ridiculously (over 400 hours on the clock) so maybe I just notice the differences a lot more.

I think FO4 is essentially Fallout 3 within the Skyrim engine. And I'm not a fan of Skyrim.

-Like the story, Pre-War, why not spend more time there to build any feelings for your wife/kid?

That would be awful. That is not Fallout!

You knew them 5mins, why should I care ones dead the other got kidnapped and I gotta find him?

That's the point. You don't have to care. They give you the option to say "fuck that bitch" and move on with your life.

Knowing Bethesda just like Fallout 3 with your dad, when you do probably find him he dies, cause that's the type of thing they find "unique" and "gripping"

He dies because he's not really important. It's just a backdrop. These aren't story based games.

-They removed the Good/Evil system because they realized they have no fucking clue how to apply actions into a game, being bad the entire game and getting the same interactions/convos/quests/story/ending as being good isn't rpg.

They removed it because it was awful in all the other games.

In New Vegas there was a use to it, but it was pointless. You could just spend caps and reset your karma. Same for FO3 at the chapel in Rivet City.

Karma makes no sense within the confines of Fallout. Who is judging whether or not you are good or bad? There is no Force or God in this game.

-Why am I sneaking up on Raiders and they have better convos/interactions with each other then anyone else I've talked to or lived with in this game?

Not sure what you mean, especially with the line "lived with."

I'm sure I'm missing some, and I'm sure I'm just being totally gay on others, but at level 25 I feel nothing is really happening anymore that feels fresh or unique, I feel like for the last 10 hours in this game it's been the same thing over and over with a generic story added on(if you can call it that).

I'm curious as to whether or not you thought FO1-3 had non-generic stories?

Fallout 1 literally starts off with "go get the water chip," and that's it.

I just don't feel they really added anything to make it better/improved,

From reading what you've written I think you wanted a more story-based game.

the updated graphics are nice same with the weather effects(nothing new on PC). Don't get me wrong it's still fun to go around shooting/blowing stuff up, but that's just about it.

Indeed.

Fallout 3 to Fallout 4 reminds me of Mass Effect, they add new cool shiny things but slowly remove the rpg aspects outside of leveling to appeal to the masses, the more dumbed-down streamed lined the game is, the more wider audience it reaches.

Won't disagree with you there.. It's very much the Skyrim-ification of Fallout, but, it is still Fallout.

I'm not gonna flood the page with another huge quote, I"ll reply to some, others we can disagree on.

-Durability on weapons/gear like Vegas where you had to use the same to fix, not sure if it was in FO3. I mean if you gonna give us the same weapon types over and over might as well use them. AKA a repair system
-It is more streamlined and bare like Skyrim, I thought Skyrim was boring and terrible, quit after 15hrs or so, spit all over what was once Morrowind.
-Never knew the non hardcore features as I only played hardcore like it should be played it is a survival game after all, no holding hands in surviving.
-Been so long I don't really completely remember 1 & 2 to comment enough on the overall story arc, I thought Fallout 3 had one of the worst stories ever in a game, Vegas like you said at least attempted.
-Agree on housing, pointless, stupid never should of been added but whatever.(everyone wants minecraft in there game now) Someone should tell these people, some of us think minecraft is boring and dumb.
-I feel bad for console players who can't use console commands to give supplies, they're forced to be a vacuum.
-Don't agree on veggies, herbs to pick for food you can make, but nothing else does. Vegas had green cactus and other greens, fallout 3 had oasis.
-I'm not saying green all over, but there's no reason there wouldn't be some green bushes or smaller trees, after all green herbs for the cooking system grow.
-Just because 2 different companies did them doesn't mean they shouldn't of used a lot from Vegas(limbs,ammo,skill checks,convos,hardcore)
-I think Companions not being able to die is stupidly OP, sit back with a sniper/VATS and coast to the end while he does the grunt work. Give options(hardcore)
-Not being able to collect trees outside of settlements is just lazy, even more so when all the trees in the game are the same 2-3 dead models.
-Even using the settlement commands to give myself the supplies doesn't change the fact a lot of the buildings look/feel the same inside killing the feeling of exploring new buildings.
-Was I expecting some huge population city? No, but i was expecting more then 20 people there, say 50-100, doesn't need to be sprawling.
-How is the game radically different? Outside of smoother FPS/aiming/gun play it's basically FO3 with weather/graphics and minecraft light.
-So he does die? Lmao, do they have 5 year olds coming up with this shit? Just completely drop the story and just put you in a world to survive, don't change dad with boy.
-Vegas improved the Karma system, I never payed to reset because that's cheese, same as reloading a save when your companion dies in vegas, why not remove the reset feature, and go from there, maybe add a evil town to sell in if your bad and become KOS at good towns, etc, branch and innovate, don't just remove.
-Sneak up on a group of raiders, and just watch them go about for 20mins, they have more going on there then anyone you meet in the game and live with in your settlements. I wish I could play as a Raider just to experience it better with out getting shot at once spotted trying to creep on em.
-I will admit, FO3 to me was alright, not that great, but Vegas was damn amazing, maybe that's the issue there.
-Maybe my problem is with Bethesda and don't think they can make a game with huge depth anymore. No longer are they really thinking outside the box and trying new things, instead they stick with what works and just hammer into the ground knowing it"ll bring in tons of money. Did it with Morrowind and Mass Effect now Fallout.

I agree, it's a great sandbox shooter game but it's not a RPG. RPG is a Witcher series, Morrowind long ago, Pillars of Eternity, Divinity, Dragon Age Origins, Deus Ex from 2000, Old Ultima games. Fallout 4 is as much as a rpg as NBA2k my career mode, you control someone in a generic story, get some shiny toys and level up, but that's it. But I guess that's what passes as RPG's today, after all you can say every game is a RPG cause you control someone that isn't you.

Should just call it a sandbox game.

Last edited:

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."