• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Dream Team 4: Golden State Warriors

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
All this whining about the Warriors is wearing pretty thin. The Cavs have a long way to go to get on the same level. They need to put the work into their defense and offense.

The Warriors have had 4 pretty good years of continuity and health, but have also changed coaches halfway thru.

They drafted well and made some really good trades while keeping their payroll low. They built the whole thing very organically, really did their homework, and hit on some lesser picks(Klay, Draymond)

We lucked out, unprecedented luck. That's what persuaded Lebron to come back, what got us Love, and allowed us to sign some cheap vets and trade our excess picks for Moz and Shump and JR.

The Cavs are the paid for team. The cavs are the frontrunners who were assembled in one year. The Warriors are the ones who have put in the work.

Fuck the Warriors, I hate them and all, but pretending like the Cavs deserve it and they don't because they are lucky? We are lucky to even be in this position.

We deserve it, because we are Cleveland, and we have waited 50 years for a championship.

I'VE put in the work. I want my championship.

Well I think the luck part comes in right here, with how many times we've managed to win the lottery. That's pretty lucky.

That wasn't luck. That was the league trying to give people in NE Ohio reasons to still care about the NBA.

F*ck this team for being so damn good.

Barnes x-rays came back negative per ESPN.

its all about the matchups
Irving vs Curry
Shump on Thompson
James on Barnes
Love on Green
Mozgov on bogut.

Then you got the bench
Tristan, delly, Jefferson, jr smith, AV
vs
Iggy, Barbosa, Livingston,Ezeli and Speights

Cavs roster matches up well and both teams have the versatility to counter each others lineups.

its all about the matchups
Irving vs Curry
Shump on Thompson
James on Barnes
Love on Green
Mozgov on bogut.

Then you got the bench
Tristan, delly, Jefferson, jr smith, AV
vs
Iggy, Barbosa, Livingston,Ezeli and Speights

Cavs roster matches up well and both teams have the versatility to counter each others lineups.
We can't get carried way with how many games they win. It is all about who is playing at a high level in May through June. Too many people are counting out the Spurs. That is going to be a very challenging test for Golden State. it will be a much bigger challenge then anything they faced out west last year. I am hoping they have to play both OkC and the Spurs. That will take a lot out of them if they even make it out!

The only question I have is do we have a lineup that can run with them when they go small? I think we do....

C-love or Thompson
Pf-lebron
Sf-iman
So-delly
Pg-Irving

Or

C-lebron
Pf-Jefferson
Sf-iman
Sg-delly or jr
Pg-Irving

Draymond Green last night had a triple double and scored 14 pints with only 4 shots from the field.

He's also shooting 45% from 3 this season.

If he keeps up the kind of play he has had this season then they are going to be nearly impossible to beat 4 times in 7 games.

Steph will always get his, but this dude is playing like a "mini Lebron" as Windy called him, and that is what takes them from having been a really good team to a great team.

With Green playing at this level their small ball line-up to end games is devestating.

Moz and Love will find themselves glued to the bench in most 4th quarters of a Cavs/Warriors series as Kyrie/Delly/Shump/Lebron/TT would be the Cavs best line-up to try and counter GS's small line-up.

Draymond Green last night had a triple double and scored 14 pints with only 4 shots from the field.

He's also shooting 45% from 3 this season.

If he keeps up the kind of play he has had this season then they are going to be nearly impossible to beat 4 times in 7 games.

Steph will always get his, but this dude is playing like a "mini Lebron" as Windy called him, and that is what takes them from having been a really good team to a great team.

With Green playing at this level their small ball line-up to end games is devestating.

Moz and Love will find themselves glued to the bench in most 4th quarters of a Cavs/Warriors series as Kyrie/Delly/Shump/Lebron/TT would be the Cavs best line-up to try and counter GS's small line-up.
Love is literally the perfect 5 to counter GSW's small ball lineup. TT should be glued to the bench while Love is 5 and LeBron is 4. Our small ball lineup would be better than theirs.

Love is literally the perfect 5 to counter GSW's small ball lineup. TT should be glued to the bench while Love is 5 and LeBron is 4. Our small ball lineup would be better than theirs.

You lose way too much defensively with Love at center. TT at least has some sort of defensive presence too him.

I think its a mistake to go just try to matchup small ball to small ball. Last year when the Bulls and Cavs olayed them healthy they were exploit them on defense. Thats the thing with their small ball it is great on offense but they are able to get away with it because most teams cant seem to figure out how tonsxore against because outside of Curry they have 4 plus defenders.

The Bulls just make it tough if they have both Rose and Butler as GS cant protect Curry by switching Thompson and they have bigs who can actually post op and shoot over Green. Same thing when healthy the Cavs really frustrated Green and Kerr because the Cavs just getting point and boards.

I think you roll with TT Love Lebron Shumpert Irving. Have Shumpert in Curry and if they want to to try to post up Thompson on Irving let them

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Irving guards Thompson
Mo guards curry for the lulz
Shumpert vs iggy
Jefferson VS BARNES
LBJ VS GREEN

Put mo on curry so it stops their ball movement, they will consistently keep feeding curry disregarding everyone else

LBJ surrounded by 4 lockdown shooters
COME AT ME BRO

They really are a superteam right now.

Curry
Thompson
Barnes
Iguodala
Green
Bogut
Ezeli

This 7 men rotation is really devastating, they have it all.

Cavs, OKC and Spurs have potential to eventually match up and maybe play on the same level as them. But this is uncertain, basically because of health.

As of right now, there's a superteam and clear cut favourite to win it all (17 games and currently champions is enough data for that), and 3 great teams that may match up and present a real challenge for them. Plus a few very competitive teams in the East (Bulls/Heat/Pacers + Clippers on the West) and some teams with a lot of great young talent in the NBA.

There's not much other than that right now.

Listen...GS has had a nice, impressive start to the season. But they are going to lose a handful of games this year. This is an odd thing to say given the competitiveness of the conferences over the last few years, but I really wish Golden State played more Eastern Conference teams. You're not going to beat them by playing their style of ball...a fast-paced scoring onslaught with a bunch of 3s. You're going to beat them by getting them out of rhythm and torturing them through gritty, grind-it-out defense. That's what Eastern Conference teams excel at more than teams in the West.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-14: "Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:14: " Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey."