• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Let it all out. The Cavaliers Rant Thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
I think all the angst just stems from the Warriors being undefeated.

I can't imagine another scenario where the Cavs would be the East's top seed almost 20% in to the season, with 4 guys injured and everyone would be unhappy.

Cavs are on pace to win 60 games and everyone around the team seems to think the sky is falling. Just a strange start.

I can't imagine another scenario where the Cavs would be the East's top seed almost 20% in to the season, with 4 guys injured and everyone would be unhappy.

Cavs are on pace to win 60 games and everyone around the team seems to think the sky is falling. Just a strange start.
I can see that, plus the fact that the Cavs should have a similar mentality right now that the Warriors have.

It's not everyone. It very much seems to be one person who honestly seems a little caught off guard by the Warriors being so good and he's worried.

Without LeBron, we're nothing.

He's still learning how to lead, I think, but I have no problem with him leading the way.

This team has motivation issues. LeBron talked about that from the time the season began, I think. This isn't a new topic that is just coming up after each loss.

If you don't want to get called out, play harder and play smarter.

A few weeks ago, LeBron was looking like Steve Nash on the sidelines resting his back. He got an injection. If he can go hard, so can everyone else.

No excuses.

It's early and we don't want burnout, but you have to build the right habits. I'll take "go hard" over "it's early" every single time.

James Jones really sucked tonight. Would have been a little more comfortable if he hit any of his wide open looks.

Kind of made me giggle after he was part of that players only meeting talking about mediocrity. I'm sure Bron roped him into that, but 8 minutes of mediocre would have looked real good out of him tonight

I occasionally peruse the Bulls board for some personal amusement and this shit had me rolling. In their "Around the NBA" thread was a post spiked by an laughing emoticon about LeBron calling his 5th player's only meeting. The sticky thread after their loss to the Pacers tonight is "Time to call a 'player's only meeting'" :chuckle::chuckle::chuckle:

LeBron has said in the past that seeding doesn't matter, but I am not sure he still believes that. Specifically the Finals 2-2-1-1-1 format puts much more emphasis on having the best NBA record than under the previous 2-3-2.

I think he wants a better record than the GSW. That won't be easy, but what else would explain his determination to win games now, even if he has to play 38 minutes?

When he first came into the Association he said that he didn't have Kobe's drive to win. That's definitely not the case now. He knows that there are only so many opportunities before age catches up and nothing is guaranteed, especially not a Cavaliers Championship. Any edge, including home court in the Finals, matters a lot.

Well it would be helpful if they stopped being so careless with the ball. I can't really say it's the tough defense played against them they're just throwing lazy looks out there. The thought process of moving the ball is correct but you got to make the pass crisply and at least take a cursory look to make sure a defender isn't in the path of the ball.

Well it would be helpful if they stopped being so careless with the ball. I can't really say it's the tough defense played against them they're just throwing lazy looks out there. The thought process of moving the ball is correct but you got to make the pass crisply and at least take a cursory look to make sure a defender isn't in the path of the ball.

Agreed and many guys were just holding it against the nets too long. That indecisive move is great to get steals. The passing has stalled the last few games and the ball is sticking. Old ISO habits have creeped back in.

to be fair (stand to be corrected) the high turnovers, which were a feature of this game has not been a consistent problem this year. A back to back game , especially after a tough battle away, can be a contributing factor. winning ugly is still winning and it can instill belief for later down the road

WHY THE FUCK IS THIS THREAD STILL HERE!?? Do we really want to hate shit so much we just have to bitch about it? This team is not the Browns... I wish death upon this thread.

If Jarrett Jack heaved that 3/4 court shot 6 inches to the right this thread would have blown up. I didn't notice in real time how close it was. I just watched the post game show and it wasn't off much

LBJ would of gotten blamed for leaving 1 second on the clock

I guarantee

He is trying to break this team of the mediocrity that all of them outside of Lebron have experienced in their careers when it comes to winning.

He is the only one of the group that understands what it actually takes to win it all, and if he thinks any of these guys are lazy or half assing it he is probably right.

Give me Lebron constantly calling out his teammates every day of the week if it will finally light a fire under their asses. Most of these guys have spent their careers playing for lottery teams. They should be asking him "how high" if he says jump at this point.

The only people who will feel alienated by Lebron are those who have spent their careers shackled in mediocrity. They can get the hell out of here for all I care.

Anyone who genuinely wants to win is going to get on board because they know he's not speaking in platitudes about the work and toughness it is actually going to take to finish the job.

I agree with all of what you said. I don't care if some teammates feel that he is being an asshole or being hard on them (which might be no one).

This is all business to get a chance to win the title. If feelings get hurt along the way too bad.

I doubt that anyone who played with MJ, Magic, Kobe, Bird, Isiah would say that they were laid back easy going guys. They all had the killer mentality and didn't let poor performing teammates get in the way of their goals.

I think Lebron was slow to get to that point and he just has a different approach to motivating his guys. He also calls himself out as well. I'll take that every day of the week.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-14: "Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:14: " Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey."