• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Best Pizza In Northeast Ohio

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
I decided to make my own pizza last week, after buying stuff to make homemade bagels, I thought hey, I have everything I need to make pizza!

Now I'm going to do it again and again and again cause it's fun and tasty. Just need to work on my crust.

Angie's Italian Restaurant
343 4th St NW
Barberton, Ohio 44203

If you are ever in the Akron area ya gotta try Angies. By far the best Pizza I have ever ate. They have a sports bar with about 10 TVs. Great place to watch a game have a drink and eat.

I decided to make my own pizza last week, after buying stuff to make homemade bagels, I thought hey, I have everything I need to make pizza!

Now I'm going to do it again and again and again cause it's fun and tasty. Just need to work on my crust.

Stuff crust and add some sort of Italian seasoning to the outside of it.

that would be delicious but i'm trying to get the kind of crust with big air pockets in it, with a fried crust on the bottom, like this

http://slice.seriouseats.com/archiv...iest-pizza-no-knead-no-stretch-pan-pizza.html

Some great tips in there, thanks for the hyperlink. I only do pan pizza, but I do dough in larger batches then freeze most of it in balls. That way, I can defrost in the fridge. By the time I get from work, I drop a ball in a bowl with a little flour, it rises for 2 or 3 hours. I bet that no knead is crazy good, but if you have a job, perfect crust can be an all day effort. One other tip: reserve your bacon grease. It's crazy amazing at the bottom of your pizza pan.

yeah, i need to do bigger batches too, so i can have it ready whenever.

i think my problem has been that i'm not using enough water in the dough, and I'm not developing enough gluten. Last week I tried a recipe with delayed fermentation, this week I did an overnight delayed fermentation + rise for about 5 hours, and it was a bit better. Still think I need more gluten (not using a mixer, kneading by hand) and more water though. And the no-knead method looks like a godsend, fool-proof method. Also getting a kitchen scale soon (lost my old one that I used for dieting).

Only weird thing about the recipe in the link I posted is that it says to either use a cast iron pan or cake pan, which seem like they would give completely different results. I just bought some 12" pizza pans at Walmart for 99c each so I think I will stick with them.

Athens pizza in west park is pretty good. Got a sheet za from there yesterday and it was one the best sheets I've ever had.. I was pretty stoned though :cha (20):

I drive by Danny boys all the time. Never really knew what kind of a restaraunt it was. I will have to check it out.

I have heard good things about Kraus pizza's in the Canton area but i have never made the effort to have it.

In Wooster, Coccia House has the best pizza I have ever had. The garlic in the sauce is fantastic. Downfall is their hours blow, they are always busy when we attempt (90 min wait) and I think it's rather pricey.

But it's a damn good pizza.

What's your favorite "fast food" cheap pizza? The new Domino's is mine.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."