• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

2015 Buckeyes Football

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
NIU over BGSU?

Lol.

I feel Iowa winning would help our cause a little more. If MSU by were to win, Iowa may still be ranked ahead of Ohio State if they play a close game. Our strength of schedules will be pretty much identical and while our win over Michigan will look better than Iowas win over Northwestern they still made it to the conference championship and the committee really values that.

Where the committee places UNC is going to be the most important thing come Tuesday. If they jump them way, way up to like 7 or 8, then they'll probably be ok with having them hop the Buckeyes if they manage to beat Clemson.

I feel Iowa winning would help our cause a little more. If MSU by were to win, Iowa may still be ranked ahead of Ohio State if they play a close game. Our strength of schedules will be pretty much identical and while our win over Michigan will look better than Iowas win over Northwestern they still made it to the conference championship and the committee really values that.

Except you can say all of that and more about Michigan State. Their SOS isn't identical, it's better. Their best win is better (and they also beat the team that qualifies as our best win), and they beat us in our building. Like unless Iowa opens up a can on Michigan State, I don't think the committee is going to rank us ahead of them.

We'll get a good feel this week. If the committee keeps Michigan ranked ahead of Northwestern, that tells you how much they value head to head, even though Michigan will have one more loss than Northwestern. We've already seen the commmittee reward teams for their resume despite having more losses. They had Notre Dame 4th, ahead of undefeated Big 12 teams. They had Stanford and Michigan ahead of Oklahoma State and Florida this week. I don't think they have one problem keeping Michigan State ahead of Ohio State if Michigan State loses to Iowa.

Also, there's the direct benefit to Ohio State's resume if Michigan State wins. OSU's 1 loss looks better with a Michigan State win and OSU's SOS looks better as well.

EDIT: I've now seen two people on TV saying Ohio State needs to Stanford to lose as well. As much as I think that's bullshit, considering Stanford will be beating a 4 loss USC team, I think they are probably right and that there is a strong chance the committee would vault Stanford ahead of Ohio State because they won their conference. Again, I think that's some bullshit. Stanford's loss to Oregon was pretty damn ugly (losing at home to a 3 loss team and giving up 40 points doing it) and should be too much for a two loss team to overcome, but I have little faith the committee would see it that way.

Last edited:
We should all have faith in the committee right now, they did put us in last year and we won it all. Let's see them pass on OSU should FL or NC win. We are a one loss team with the loss coming on the last play, against a team that just won the big ten title. Our resume is just as good as any of the other teams not currently in the playoff with a huge win at Michigan to end the season.

This just shows what is so great about the four team playoff. Regular season matters. Win all your games and you aren't in the position we are in.

This just shows what is so great about the four team playoff. Regular season matters. Win all your games and you aren't in the position we are in.
It also shows its better to lose early. Had we lost to MSU in say week 5 would that have changed where we are at? What if Bama had lost in the last week of the year does it change how we see them.

It also shows its better to lose early. Had we lost to MSU in say week 5 would that have changed where we are at? What if Bama had lost in the last week of the year does it change how we see them.
I think it is more that our loss cost us our Division and gives us no shot at the conference title.

What qualifies Condoleeza to be a committee member?

What qualifies Condoleeza to be a committee member?

article-2188451-148CB244000005DC-631_634x841.jpg

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."