• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Game 12 | #8 Ohio State @ #10 TUN | November 28th, 2015 @ 12 PM

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
If ND and Florida lose, then Florida beats Bama in the SECCG we're in.

Doubt Florida can do much against Bama though.

Why wouldn't the loser of the B10 Championship play in the Rose Bowl?

Because Ohio State would be ranked higher. Assuming it it Iowa who loses. I expect the ranking to have Iowa, MSU, OSU as 4,5,6 who ever loses the game will drop below osu.

It's 2:37am and Michigan still sucks.

Fuck everything else for the moment, drink in that win today. Worry about the other games next week.

Pretty much how I feel, now that I've sobered up I'm not gonna say I'm "satisfied" with the season, because we likely will not be defending our title. But with as hard as it is to repeat, I can't bitch about 11-1.

Would have been nice to make the playoff but oh well. Yesterday's win was so great, I'm just going to soak in it.

Reactions: AZ_
Because Ohio State would be ranked higher. Assuming it it Iowa who loses. I expect the ranking to have Iowa, MSU, OSU as 4,5,6 who ever loses the game will drop below osu.
There's a very real possibility that we stay below the loser of MSU/Iowa.

Both are division champs.

Iowa has wins over NW, Wisconsin and Pitt.
If it's a close loss, they'd lose to the same team, but at a neutral site and with MSU having Connor Cook. Only thing that would put OSU over is MOV, so we might need an MSU blowout to leap them. Otherwise, Iowa has the same loss, a better record, better wins and won their division.

MSU beat us h2h at the Shoe, won the division. Only reason OSU would be ahead would be because MSU has 2 losses, which they only have because they beat OSU in the 1st place.

If OSU wasn't penalized for a terrible loss to VT last year, how could you justify penalizing UNC for a terrible loss in the first game of the season? There's simply no way the committee could justify leaving out a 12-1 champion from a power 5 conference that just knocked off the #1 team in the country.

Bama or Stanford have to lose in order for OSU to get in.

If OSU wasn't penalized for a terrible loss to VT last year, how could you justify penalizing UNC for a terrible loss in the first game of the season? There's simply no way the committee could justify leaving out a 12-1 champion from a power 5 conference that just knocked off the #1 team in the country.

I don't see how Stanford losing helps OSU.

Why does Florida have to suck SO bad. They are our only hope yet they have no hope themselves

Fact they are in a conference championship game is an embarrassment.

Our schedule really has fucked us this year. If you just add either wisconsin or NW to our resume, we look way better. But after getting hyped about it yesterday im resigned to the reality we arent making it. Bama has to lose, Michigan State has to win (and maybe big) and stanford probably has to lose. Two of those teams that we need to lose will be heavy favorites. Oh well, good season.

It's hard to say. But would Iowa be fav over an OSU team?

I think there are a few differences.

1) Ohio State didn't just redeem by beating two quality teams (while UNC only gets a shot at 1), it dominated both games. Had Ohio State barely squeaked out a win against Wisconsin, do they still get in? I don't think so.

2) Ohio State had the brand new starting QB thing that helped mitigate that loss. UNC has no such mitigating factor for its loss to South Carolina.

3) South Carolina is worse than Virginia Tech. 3 wins.

I'm not saying UNC won't get in, but I think Ohio State had a stronger case to make the leap, particularly for that first reason. Two elite teams vs. only 1 for UNC and a complete destruction of both.

It's hard to say. But would Iowa be fav over an OSU team?

Not sure, but if they played I'd be shocked if Ohio State didn't beat them soundly. I'll be rooting for Iowa but I shudder at the thought of them going against a team like Alabama that will outclass them talent wise. KF is a good coach though. Haven't seen more than 3 Hawkeye games this year and the rest only highlights so this could be off, but I don't think so.

OSU is without question a 3-7 point favorite over Iowa right now.

OSU is without question a 3-7 point favorite over Iowa right now.
Will be interested to see if this somehow falls under the "eye test" if it comes down to OSU vs Iowa or Florida or UNC or Stanford.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."