• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

2015 Tank Thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
Flacco is out for the rest of year and the Ravens are already depleted. I expected Johnny to wreck the tank Monday.

Flacco is out for the rest of year and the Ravens are already depleted. I expected Johnny to wreck the tank Monday.
No Flacco, no Forsett, no Steve Smith, nobody worth a damn really.

The Browns are really going to have to get creative to lose this game.

No Flacco, no Forsett, no Steve Smith, nobody worth a damn really.

The Browns are really going to have to get creative to lose this game.

Oh we will find a way, we always do.

I also believe that Haslam is committed to the tank, by keeping high school Mike and his dipshit DC at the helm. Even IF Flip puts two consecutive good halves together, no way we can get more than the 30 ppg our D is giving up. Plus, Haslam loses a bit of his quick-to-fire rep; at the end of the year, Pettine will leave no doubt.

My only worry is that Farmer stays; he can pull the 'Pettine wasn't my guy' play, and quite possible bring a turd from his KC days. Good games by Manziel, Erving, and other Farmer-drafted guys will help his cause during this tank.

Let's burn this fucking thing to the ground. Again. Not my money.

Absolute phantom defensive holding call in the Titans/Raiders game on 4th down is fucking with our tank. Raiders got bailed out big time.

ETA: game over. Titans absolutely robbed. They remain our biggest competition for that #1 pick.

At least the Chargers won. Only 2 win teams left in the NFL are us and the Titans.

Last edited:
Absolute phantom defensive holding call in the Titans/Raiders game on 4th down is fucking with our tank. Raiders got bailed out big time.

ETA: game over. Titans absolutely robbed. They remain our biggest competition for that #1 pick.

At least the Chargers won. Only 2 win teams left in the NFL are us and the Titans.

I was really pulling for the Titans. The Chargers had enough of a team that I was confident they'd find a win or two down the stretch. The Titans are very much a team who could lose out the remainder of the season.

Let the Titans lose, it will be a nice home for Bosa and they're absolutely no threat to take what Cleveland needs.
Almost no chance Goff isn't taken #1 if he comes out.

I know we have had this conversation before so I won't rehash it, but I highly doubt Bosa is the first player selected with 2 potential FQBs on the board. Especially with SF lurking. In the situation that
1. TEN
2. CLE
3. SF

Be prepared for a bidding war to ensue.

I know we have had this conversation before so I won't rehash it, but I highly doubt Bosa is the first player selected with 2 potential FQBs on the board. Especially with SF lurking. In the situation that
1. TEN
2. CLE
3. SF

Lets all pray for a loss in 25 hours!

1. TEN
2. CLE
3. SF

I'm cool with that scenario, Browns are walking away with a franchise QB regardless of what SF does.

One thing to keep in mind about the 49ers: They are an absolute mess at multiple positions. Their receivers don't create any separation. The right side of their offensive line isn't fit to be reserves. While Armstead is coming around, they have defensive holes on the front seven from three unexpected retirements. The secondary has improved, but hasn't been considered good for two seasons. I don't know if that sounds like a team that will outbid the Browns using future picks.

I'm cool with that scenario, Browns are walking away with a franchise QB regardless of what SF does.
Fair enough. Haven't gotten to see more than a game of Lynch, so I'll take your word for it.

Regardless it would be nice to have a first round QB with actual FQB potential.

I'm nowhere near comfortable with our chances in the tank race right now. With an almost guaranteed win tomorrow night and the upcoming matchup with the 49ers in December, we'll be squarely fucked at 4 wins...and that's without considering the inevitable upset win that we tack on to make damn sure we miss all the best prospects.

I'm nervous as hell. I was pretty confident with Johnny at the helm, but with McCown slinging it for 350+ every game I don't like our chances.

Tomorrow scares me, fellas. A vet like McCown should fare well like the last game vs BAL, and O'Neil had that bye week to construct a game plan that might actually resemble an NFL offense. While my inner fan boy wants to beat that Raven ass, I can't help but think about the tank ramifications.

No way we beat Cincy next week; although I can't see San Fran making a cross country trip, and beating the Browns. Even though Oakland did the same thing in late September. After that, I will be coasting along the tank.

Best case for my fanboyism and the tank? Beat Baltimore, and fucking go up in a conflagration of losses to finish out the year.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-14: "Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:14: " Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey."