• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

GMs needed for a Simulation Basketball Historical League

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Phills14

Cleveland Sports Fan
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi All,

I am a member of a simulation basketball league and we are looking for a few GMs to fill open teams.

I'm not sure if anyone has ever heard of simulation basketball or not so I'll give a brief explanation. It is similar to fantasy basketball but it doesn't go off of what will happen but rather what did happen. You have a team of 14 players, 12 active and 2 in reserve. The players are from different leagues, teams, years and eras. For example, one team has as their starting lineup

Wilt Chamberlain 1965 at C
Serge Ibaka 2014 at PF
Marques Johnson 1983 at SF
Michael Redd 2006 at SG
Walt Frazier 1975 at PG

Each players stats for the year are put into a computer program and games are run against other teams. We have 35 teams and run a full 82 game schedule with playoffs. We provide a ridiculous amount of stats to keep you interested. Trades are highly encouraged and each year we have a rookie draft to bring new players into the league.

We are about to begin season 6. At the start of the league we had an initial draft where all players were drafted and started in year 1 of their careers. The players progress through their careers year by year so since we are in season 6 most guys are in their 6th season. The player pool comes from Pre-NBA players, NBA, ABA, European leagues, Australian leagues and many other leagues. Predominantly the best players are from the NBA and ABA.

The league is a lot of fun and I've been in these types of leagues for years. Here is a link to the website for season 1-5. Look it over, if you want to learn more or would want to be considered for a team, PM me. Thanks!

http://www.nba-sim.com/ubas/standings.php

I'm very interested. How do they score it? How do they account for things like blocked shots and threes which weren't counted until the post-ABA era? How do they deal with guys who had long stretches of injuries or lack of playing in the middle of their careers, like Walton or Z? Can you draft Soviets in their prime like Sabonis?

That's a good question. The stats had to be estimated and there was no other way to do it.

You will find the stats for current players aren't exactly the same as you find on basketball-reference.com. That's because we normalized the stats and adjusted them for the pace of play. That way we didn't have too much stat inflation or deflation based on how the game was played at that time or in that league. (example, pre-shot clock league guys stats would be awful but free flowing ABA guys would have inflated stats)

I'm definitely interested.

Last edited:
I'm interested. Sounds like a cool twist on fantasy basketball.

I'd love to lock a team up!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."