• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

#19: Cameron Erving, C/G, Florida State

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
Wow what a botched pick

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk at your local pub.

He's playing a position he's never played before. He hasn't been good but he's a center, he's just not equipped to be a guard. His play is discouraging but I'll wait to judge him once he's playing his natural position.... He had these same issues as a tackle at FSU. They moved him to C and he was a totally different player.

I agree and hope to hell you are right. In order for him to play center though that means Alex Mack has to opt out (which I gotta believe he's going to do)

Seems like Center would be a more difficult position than G, no?

I'd bet a lot of money on this guy being a bust. I don't see a reason for him to be man-handled this badly. He's been worse than Shelton and Shelton is looking pretty busty lately.

Last edited:
It's not just that he's been beaten a bunch of times, it's like he's getting tossed aside like a rag doll. He has no strength to hold up in the passing game, and no push in the running game.

It wasn't the best idea in the first place, and I tried to talk myself into it. But this guy just doesn't look like an NFL player.

It's not just that he's been beaten a bunch of times, it's like he's getting tossed aside like a rag doll. He has no strength to hold up in the passing game, and no push in the running game.

It wasn't the best idea in the first place, and I tried to talk myself into it. But this guy just doesn't look like an NFL player.

So Farmer has to be gone right?

I agree and hope to hell you are right. In order for him to play center though that means Alex Mack has to opt out (which I gotta believe he's going to do)

Alex Mack is so far gone it's sad. He laughed after the loss.

Alex Mack is so far gone it's sad. He laughed after the loss.

To be fair, I'm not sure I'd want Mack back, with how he's been after the injury and how much we pay him. We can get the same production for about 1/3 the price.

So Farmer has to be gone right?

I mean...you'd have to think so, right? I don't know why they would not just fire him now and get a new guy with new scouts in for the biggest draft for the Browns since '00, but he's still there. Until they fire him, I'm not going to assume anything.

Will you admit I was right about Pettine when he was hired?

You'll have to let me know what you said. It kills me to see a coach with guys who play hard, but it's too much to overlook the lack of development from young players.

I can definitely say my swaying towards the "fire Pett" camp has been a much slower burn than most. There are things he's decent at, but he's missing on such key areas of the job. Player development chief among those.

I might puke if Ray Farmer is turning in the card come the draft.

You'll have to let me know what you said. It kills me to see a coach with guys who play hard, but it's too much to overlook the lack of development from young players.

I can definitely say my swaying towards the "fire Pett" camp has been a much slower burn than most. There are things he's decent at, but he's missing on such key areas of the job. Player development chief among those.

I might puke if Ray Farmer is turning in the card come the draft.

I said he was the fifth choice and would fail. I also said that the Browns were toxic because they kept firing coaches every two years, but that they fired coaches every two years because all the coaches they hired were crap anyways.

You said Pettine was the next Tom Landry and that any coach in the league would trade their job to coach this storied organization.

You said Pettine was the next Tom Landry and that any coach in the league would trade their job to coach this storied organization.

:chuckle:.. I definitely didn't say that. I definitely hoped he'd be that, but I know I never said that.

I don't think the organizational toxicity should be a deterrent for a potential Browns coach. The situation is toxic and there are giant issues that are rooted in ownership. I think the coach to pull the Browns from the shitter needs to thrive in the face of such bullshit. I don't think a prima-donna coach is going to be mentally tough enough to say what needs to be said and wade through everything that comes before the turnaround. Pettine doesn't have that entitlement (like say.. Kyle Shanahan), which I saw as a positive. He was stoic early and often. He hasn't done bad in the public eye and in pressers, but he's just not there as a tactical guy on game-day, in my opinion.

Pettine doesn't have that entitlement (like say.. Kyle Shanahan), which I saw as a positive. He was stoic early and often. He hasn't done bad in the public eye and in pressers, but he's just not there as a tactical guy on game-day, in my opinion.

espnDal_a_landry_300.jpg

Surprisingly there's not a ton of obvious stars taken in 2015 after Cam Erving between 20 and say 40, but we definitely could have used Bud Dupree(22), Byron Jones(27), or Landon Collins(33)

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-14: "Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:14: " Time for Playoff Vengeance on Mickey."