• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

New Nintedo controller

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mandingo

The One
Reaction score
object0cu.jpg

Imagine a game that simulates the fly-fishing experience. Using one of today's standard controllers, you'd likely press a button once to begin casting, then press it again to retrieve your line. Using the Revolution's controller, you'll actually mimic casting a fly rod.

Another example: You're playing a first person shooter (perhaps the latest "Metroid" game). The controller would act as a virtual pistol in your hand, letting you point at and shoot objects on screen, using that aforementioned trigger button near your index finger.

"It is very responsive to the way your hand or wrist moves," said Fils-Aime. "Frankly, that's why developers have responded so enthusiastically to this. The hand motion is very straightforward but the possibilities of what you can do are quite mind-blowing."

http://money.cnn.com/2005/09/15/commentary/game_over/revolution/

Sounds cool.

Last edited:
What the fuck? That looks fuckin awkward as hell, they shoulda just used like an advanced wavebird controller or somethin.:wtf:

Yeah it seems a little too gimmicky. Nintendo is getting a little crazy with all these weird attatchments. The Bongos, the DS, and now this. Just stick to solid gameplay i say.

IMO the kiddy games are killing nintendo.

Well the plus side is, there's an attachment so you can still go old school, this is what it supposedly looks like:

understanding-the-revolution-controller-20050916041026412-000.jpg

Now THAT I like.

Dude, this is the BEST fucking thing to hit video games. Todays games = FPS/RPG. And in my opinion, that was getting just boringly gay! Who the fuck wants to play a regular FPS with two joysticks for the next 5 years? Not me! Thats why I was so glad that I got a GameCube lately. I was just tired of the same old FPSs on the Xbox.

But this REv controller is going to kick ass. Imagine your room as a big virtual box. And ur hand now becomes the object in the game. U move ur hand foreward, and BAM! The gun in the game moves foreward. You swing ur hand (controller), and Link's sword in the Zelda game swings.

PEOPLE! WE ARE NOW ONE STEP CLOSER TO VIRTUAL REALITY!

Awesome go buy Pikmin 1 and 2 then maybe some Super Smash brothers and Princess Toadstool's tea party..nintendo was good for the first phase of my video game career 3-10 but you gotta go with sony and microsoft the heavy hittas you can only play cutesy wootsy games until you say f it and go shoot em up and play some sports games..

U r missing the point here. This controller does not limit u. It expands u. It make things more REAL! So if a FPS is multi console, it will be the most realistic on the Revolution...experience wise!

CavsDawgsTribe said:
Awesome go buy Pikmin 1 and 2 then maybe some Super Smash brothers and Princess Toadstool's tea party..nintendo was good for the first phase of my video game career 3-10 but you gotta go with sony and microsoft the heavy hittas you can only play cutesy wootsy games until you say f it and go shoot em up and play some sports games..

Why does everyone one think Nintendo makes strictly kiddie games? Being a bit one-dimensional don't you think?

The majority of their games are aimed at 15 and under. Games like Mario Party and Mario Baseball may be fun but they are aimed at kids. Sony and Microsoft go after the people with the money, men aged 18-26. Nintendo needs to get on the ball cuz they are losing out. I didnt buy a cube because there were no games that i wanted to play then after seeing some of the games played i went and got one. I bet they lost out on alot of money like that.

The exclusive games on Nintendo do suck to me..

and I dont like this controller idea...it looks like a TV remote to me.

I was 13 or so when x-box and game cube came out and I initially wanted gamecube but my dad told me I'd hate myself in a few years that i'd lose interest in their games and I did. The vast majority of their games are kiddy games and the ones that arent can be played on the box and ps2.

Ok. Just dont listen and go play the same old FPS.

Objective:

1. Go to base!

2. Shoot the X object!

3. Rescue the hostage!

Countless hours wisted playing the same thing over and over.

Well fuck that. I am getting the Revolution FOR SURE. But I am not saying that I ain't getting any other ones. Just that I am 100% behind Nintendo now since this controller came out.

Nintendo is great! Better than Sony and Microsofts consoles IMO. Nintendo is all gaming, while those 2 have other interests. Sure there are lots of Kiddie games, but they have a wide variety for adults as well. Resident Evil 4, exclusive to the Gamecube....nuff said. Metroid Prime games, best FPS i have played. And of course the unbeatable Zelda series. I get tired of all the war and other games for other systems. I read that Nintendo Revolution will allow you to download games from older consoles! Sometimes you gotta play Mike Tysons Punchout!!! Ive beaten Tyson in that game by the way, multiple times.... :thumbup:

Look! These new consoles are called "NextGen". Well, for me, I am really expecting next generation consoles. But the Xbox360, and the PS3 are the same old consoles, just with more power. The Nintendo Revolution is trully the REAL "NextGen"!

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."