• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Corey Coleman

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The Wizard of Moz

Punishing This Air
Reaction score
With the 15th pick in the 2016 NFL draft the Browns take one of the most explosive playmakers in the draft.

PFF ranked him the best WR in the class. I personally agree with them. I think he has the potential to be one of the most explosive WRs in the NFL.

For so long we have been starving for a legit game changing playmaker. Well here he is. And he's gonna be a damn good one. Browns fans are gonna love this guy. And remember, we get this guy in addition to 2 second rounders, 2 third rounders and a first rounder. Pretty damn good start to the new regime.

Oh yeah, he's a pretty tough mother fucker too
ThoroughEducatedAtlanticblackgoby.gif

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2016/03/16/draft-corey-coleman-an-draft/

bye.0.gif

ExemplaryBrightFly.gif

cole.0.gif

Last edited:
Congratulations Gents, we just scored ourselves a AB 2.0.

I didn't know shit about this dude up until the Dufous Roger announced his name. But I just watched a bunch of YouTube videos for the last hour and man did we score a playmaker.

This is exactly the kind of guy Hue loves to use in the long pass plays. Plays eerily similar to Antonio Brown. Hopefully a Baylor connection with RGIII, Gordon and Coleman can spark things quick offensively and put us a year ahead of this rebuild by securing our weapons first and foremost.

And we just did that.

Congratulations Gents, we just scored ourselves a AB 2.0.

I didn't know shit about this dude up until the Dufous Roger announced his name. But I just watched a bunch of YouTube videos for the last hour and man did we score a playmaker.

This is exactly the kind of guy Hue loves to use in the long pass plays. Plays eerily similar to Antonio Brown. Hopefully a Baylor connection with RGIII, Gordon and Coleman can spark things quick offensively and put us a year ahead of this rebuild by securing our weapons first and foremost.

And we just did that.
:chuckle:

"I wanted to be #1 at everything I do, so I asked my coach if I could have the jersey #1.

I've dreamed for this since I was 7 years old, probably actually before 7 so I was a young boy. It's not that you wake up oh I'm going to go to the NFL, it's you wake up and what's gonna get you there, how are you gonna get there, who's gonna help you get there because you can't do it by yourself.

It took a lot of hard work and sacrifice and being the bigger person. Staying out of trouble. I'm just really blessed and honored to be going to Chicago for the draft"

Wow could this be any more refreshing from our other Baylor WR. Great attitude too. Tell me that isn't a coachable kid. He's hungry, and he's got a ton of talent. Not every guy getting drafted is going up and saying these things. You got the DE from ol miss talking about how the media was at fault for his character portrayal (like he didn't jump out of a window high as fuck)

Think we really hit a homerun with this one

Attitude means a lot. Big reason I believe Marcus Peters is successful and a big reason I love him and am glad we got him. If Coleman has a hunger and drive about him, an insane work ethic to be the best, plays with his heart, a competitiveness to do anything to win.... well you nailed it then. Those things don't show up in combine numbers and make the difference.

I think Coleman has a collection of the best attributes from many of the WR in this draft. He has hands and the willingness to go fight for ball like Doctson, he can play with a physicality like Treadwell, and he has speed to be a burner like Fuller. He may be just a notch below each of them in each thing, but probably not by much and it shows how versatile and well rounded he is.

He may not have the size. But it doesn't matter if you can ball. Part of his versatility means you can keep him on the outside, put him in the slot, hit him on the deep ball, on slants, on screens and dump offs and let him go to work after the catch, etc. Whatever you want, but he is an explosive playmaker and great pick imo.

Corey Coleman: Love, Live, Laugh

@GonzoRatso88 asked for my impressions, so I'm going to keep this fairly brief while trying to be comprehensive. First, I have to say I lost faith in Baylor's system for creating NFL ready skill position players a few years ago. That has tainted my view of the Coleman pick,and I honestly didn't watch much Baylor this year. I did watch a decent amount in 2014, so I feel like I can write this without pulling anything out of my butthole in order to do so.

Love:

He can get the ball into the end zone, and the Browns don't generally do that. He makes defenders miss when he has the ball. He has great balance and a good center of gravity, allowing him to break tackles and make cuts. He has speed and unquestioned production... in a draft where receivers either don't have production or don't have speed. I hope they explore him as a return man. He is indeed tough. He can block, and that was a huge concern for me from the receiver position going into this draft. Hue is a guy who deserves the benefit of the doubt, so I'm positive he has a vision of how Coleman will be used rather than more of a true flanker, which was also on the board.

Live

His height doesn't scream outside receiver, neither do the routes he ran in college. I had him as a slot receiver, I was surprised when @The Hill said he lined up on the outside at Baylor the majority of his plays. I must have seen him in motion a lot, like Harvin starts outside but then ends up more like a slot receiver when he goes in motion. Hue must know how he wants to use Coleman, and I want to see the plan.

Laugh

I didn't have Coleman as the top receiver in this draft, and the more I hear from the experts, there were a lot of NFL people who didn't have him in the top three either. The biggest reason for his lower ranking is he only ran three or four routes, and one of them was a bubble screen. Seriously, that isn't even a route. High school receivers all over the country have more experience with the mental games of the route tree against a cornerback. It's like they got the most raw receiving prospect who has a proven track record in the college game. I live with it because the offensive coaching staff is the best the Browns have had since the expansion. They can teach the route tree, as long as he is a student of the game. Don't judge him by his rookie year, begin the judging process his second year.

View: https://twitter.com/McClain_on_NFL/status/725867808630931457

View: https://twitter.com/SInow/status/725867178356953090

View: https://twitter.com/GrahamBarfield/status/720785376017833986

View: https://twitter.com/MikeClayNFL/status/725867738107895808

View: https://twitter.com/joelklatt/status/725866387151982592

PFF:

15. Cleveland Browns: Corey Coleman | Grade: A
(Pick acquired in trade with Tennessee Titans)

Our top receiver is off the board as Corey Coleman goes to Cleveland. He’s dynamic both before and after the catch, capable of separating as well as any receiver in the draft and then taking it to the house after he catches it. Coleman posted a ridiculous 4.88 yards per route (best in the nation) before a poor quarterback situation hurt his production. His 10 drops are cause for some concern, but not nearly enough to offset what he brings to the table as both a short and deep threat. Even with his limited experience running a number of routes in Baylor’s offense, Coleman has all of the skills to separate on any type of route once he transitions to the NFL.

PFF's Top 5 picks of Day 1:

3. Corey Coleman, WR, Cleveland Browns
After mocking Coleman to the Browns at No. 8 overall in my final mock, this pick is an obvious winner after the Browns were able to move back and still get the top receiver on our board. Coleman creates separation better than any receiver in the class, dynamic off the line of scrimmage and lethal on short passes that he can turn into big gains at any time. His deep speed is dangerous for opposing cornerbacks, but he complements it with excellent ball skills. Coleman’s all-around ability allows him to win at any level on the field, a big reason he posted a gaudy 4.88 yards per route last season before a subpar quarterback situation hurt his production. If he can fix his drop issues (10 last season), Coleman will be a mid-round steal for the Browns.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."