• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

The 10 Commandments of Trade Rumors

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
THE BRITNEY SPEARS RULE in other words if it looks to good to be true it is. you may come across a rumor that looks great in one of those little school girl uniforms or dancing around on stage with a tigers and snakes but deep down that rumor is a white trash, head shaving, crack whoring, umbrella ghost killing, more inept at parenting then K-fed , fried chicken loving, public restroom barefoot walking, 8 pack a day, papparazzi boinking, Paris Hilton pal, Madonna making out with...wait that is a good thing, future featered dancer at Deja Vu in Toledo, hitting you car while parking, Biopolar, involuntary psychriatic hold, gynoherposyphilitus spreading false rumor.

I vote in favor of the Britney Spears Rule. Its like trading all your assets to move up from #19 into the high lottery: These hot young prospects end up peaking at age 19 more often than not.

Now that I read it again, its kinda the same as MikeOC's rule, isn't it?

THE BRITNEY SPEARS RULE in other words if it looks to good to be true it is. you may come across a rumor that looks great in one of those little school girl uniforms or dancing around on stage with a tigers and snakes but deep down that rumor is a white trash, head shaving, crack whoring, umbrella ghost killing, more inept at parenting then K-fed , fried chicken loving, public restroom barefoot walking, 8 pack a day, papparazzi boinking, Paris Hilton pal, Madonna making out with...wait that is a good thing, future featered dancer at Deja Vu in Toledo, hitting you car while parking, Biopolar, involuntary psychriatic hold, gynoherposyphilitus spreading false rumor.

I just had a flashback to my college days and threw up in my mouth...Thanks!

Alright, heres my two cents about Eddy Curry who IF we traded with New York would probably be the most realistic player we'd get in return.

I live in Chicago and watch most of their games every year, and have been since they drafted Curry, Jay Williams, Tyson Chandler etc..

Eddy Curry would be a great player for the Cavs.

Listen - Hear me out...

Every game that Curry has scored over 20 points, the guards look for him down low, they don't give him the ball in the post and ask him to create his own offense, even though that man has a really nice righty hook shot up to 6 ish feet. Now, this man is HUGE, ( That can be a bad thing, I understand the whole thunder thighs syndrome :chuckles: ) -- Like I said, Curry is big, shaq-esue when hes going up for a dunk, grab him all you want, hack him, he will put the ball in the basket down low, he will SLAM it down.

Thats a problem the Cavs have had.

How many times have we seen Lebron feed Andy 4 feet from the basket to see Andy do a spin move and throw up a wild hook, how many times have we seen Z lay the ball in softly instead of throwing it down ( Don't give me BS like Z cant slam it down, look at the boston game where he dunked from close to the dotted line. Stop it. )

Sure Curry isn't as good of a rebounder as you'd like our 4 or 5 to be, but we have GREAT rebounding guards, and we have Lebron, We can hide that weakness...
Sure call him lazy, call him fat, call him out of shape , but theres one thing you can't call this man - a Force under the basket.

^ If only the NBA was built like the NFL..

If only contracts were non-guaranteed and you had to bust your ass every year to keep making what you're making...

If only there were provisions where players earned more money for reaching incentives written into the contract. Example: Brown and Ferry give Curry a targeted playing weight, if he exceeds it he doesn't reach the full amount of money for that year.

But there aren't incentives, look at Jerome James, the guy had a good playoff series got 30m guaranteed and got fat as hell..LeBron and Curry are friends, but I'm not sure we can rely on their friendship to keep Curry away from the buffet table and in the weight room.

If only contracts were non-guaranteed and you had to bust your ass every year to keep making what you're making...

If only there were provisions where players earned more money for reaching incentives written into the contract. Example: Brown and Ferry give Curry a targeted playing weight, if he exceeds it he doesn't reach the full amount of money for that year.

But there aren't incentives, look at Jerome James, the guy had a good playoff series got 30m guaranteed and got fat as hell..LeBron and Curry are friends, but I'm not sure we can rely on their friendship to keep Curry away from the buffet table and in the weight room.

You can give bonuses like they did for Larry Hughes and Donyell Marshall.

Yeah, non guaranteed contracts would make the NBA a much better game, oh man...

I doubt the NFL system would be an improvement, the signing bonuses would get out of control. If you cut a player for slacking off, then you're just out all that money and he's free to try to sucker another team out of another huge signing bonus.

Either way, it's ultimately up to GMs to suppress their greed and not pay players more than they've proven to be worth.

I think there's a few years of GMs being savvy and cheap with their deals. They are reaping the craptacular contracts of the past few years when money was so expendable.

Same year Draft Pick rule:

Draft picks from the same years draft aren't usually traded until the day of the draft and usually right before they are going to be used. The deal is usually said AFTER the team drafts the players to make sure they get who they want. Keep that in mind. A team won't trade for say the Knicks draft pick until the day of the draft and we won't here about it until after the player is drafted. Just keep in mind that trading this years draft picks usually depends on who is there at the time of the draft pick.

not sure if and how this could be made into a commandment.

The "No Drew Gooden wanna-be's" rule

I understand we have offensive woes but that doesn't mean we have to bring in guys who have an offensive game but:
- will think that "defensive rotation" is an aeronautics term
- will be wildly incosistent
- will not be able to take away clutch minutes from Andy
- will grow a castaway-like beard

The "Andy is not God" rule

Varejao will not net Elton Brand or Dwight Howard so it'll be best for all of us to set the expectations bar a bit lower.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."