• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Open Discussion (Cavs + related issues)

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

wuck

Hustling on the inside
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Here's a general discussion thread for all of those tangents that usually have found their way into the old Kyrie Irving thread.

I look forward to the debates about whether Kyle Korver, Ricky Rubio, or Kay Felder will have the best career.

Around the NBA is a good option for entirely non-Cavs debates.

Last edited:
At this point and on this current squad, Korver or Dunleavy? I kinda lean towards Dunleavy because of his defense.

At this point and on this current squad, Korver or Dunleavy? I kinda lean towards Dunleavy because of his defense.

Even though he had a significant dropoff, I would take Korver because he is younger and played more than 80 regular season games last year.

But I think Dunleavy will be much better at keeping the offense moving, rather than being one-dimensional on that side.

Even though he had a significant dropoff, I would take Korver because he is significantly younger and played more than 80 regular season games last year.

But I think Dunleavy will be much better at keeping the offense moving, rather than being one-dimensional on that side.

@wuck, I don't exactly consider 6 months to be a lot older. Both players will be 36 when the playoffs start.

I thought Dunleavy was around 37. Maybe I see his Dad when I think of him. :chuckle:

I think I'd still go with Korver until Dunleavy proves his back is okay.

Anyone find out how Irving got his body back from that kid ?

Korver plays good defense.
I thought Dunleavy was around 37. Maybe I see his Dad when I think of him. :chuckle:

I think I'd still go with Korver until Dunleavy proves his back is okay.

Dunleavy played good defense

Would be huge

In Atlanta's system, Korver is in constant motion with various players setting screens for him. I'm not sure we'd exploit that, so, might be a bit of a wash if Dunleavy can return to form from a couple seasons ago and Korver doesn't bounce back up to 50% from 3pt.

“Pretty humble group for coming off winning a championship and going to the Finals two years in a row,” Dunleavy said. “They like to joke around and have a good time, but when it gets down to doing work they’re serious, put the time in and you don’t always see that with teams.

“I’ve been on a lot of teams where guys come and go, show up five minutes before practice and leave right after. We have our best players here an hour and a half early and stay an hour and a half late. Quite honestly, that’s kind of new to me.”

“He has a lot left,” James said. “We wouldn’t have reached out to him if he didn’t have anything left. He has a high basketball IQ, he comes from a basketball pedigree family and over the course of his career, he just played winning basketball wherever he’s been, all the way back from going to high school, to going to Duke, to the teams he’s played with in the NBA. And he’s a great locker room guy too, just a true professional. So, it’s great to have him.”

“Gives us great shooting,” head coach Tyronn Lue said. “Dunleavy over the last two years I think is shooting 52 percent on open shots. He’s a guy who can straight-line drive and then when he gets to the basket he’ll make a play or make a pass. Defensively he’s always in the right spots.

“I talked to Thibs about him. He’s an underrated defender because he’s a great team defender and whatever you do, he’s always going to be in the right spot or the right place. I just think when you’re playing with guys like Kyrie, Kevin and LeBron, you can get all those you want. If you can shoot the basketball, you can be very valuable.”

Gotta get the bench defense, backup point guard, and 4th quarter issues under control.

Still, good problems to have when you're 7-1.

Gotta get the bench defense, backup point guard, and 4th quarter issues under control.

Still, good problems to have when you're 7-1.

What about the offensive scheme? do you see any nice set plays when one of the big 3 is resting? I only see Jr/Shumpet setting moving screens to cause a mismatch.
I'd like to see more ball movement from the 2nd unit especially.

What about the offensive scheme? do you see any nice set plays when one of the big 3 is resting? I only see Jr/Shumpet setting moving screens to cause a mismatch.

Really tough to ask of the personnel we have out there. That's an area where Delly will be sorely missed. Second unit ball movement.

Screening to force a mis-match is good offense though, better than hero-ball ISO garbage. It's a step in the right direction.

I'll say it. Dunleavy was a worthless addition to this team.

We really need that backup PG as soon as possible.

I think Griff is still working on it. I think I read something a few weeks ago, maybe from Vardon, saying that getting a backup might take awhile.

Lue said at shootaround that Shumpert playing backup PG slows down the offense and bogs things down a bit. Takes the team out of the pace they want. This could be affecting the offensive sets, I guess.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."