• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

Offensive Staff Thread (David Lee hired as QB Coach)

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
Something to keep an eye on. Don't see anything happening to put the Browns' coaching staff in jepoardy of losing the right to coach the game, but interesting nonetheless.

Something to keep an eye on. Don't see anything happening to put the Browns' coaching staff in jepoardy of losing the right to coach the game, but interesting nonetheless.

I for one would be devastated if the Browns staff wasn't allowed to coach the Senior Bowl.

Who leaves a position as OC/AHC in the NFL to become a quarterback coach in college? If you're old or something, sure. But Hamilton is in his early 40's.

For what it's worth (which isn't much) Wikipedia claims his current position is QB coach for UM.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pep_Hamilton

the only thing i can think of is that Hamilton hopes that when Harbaugh goes back to the NFL, either he becomes michigans HC, or Harbaugh takes him with him and makes him a.... Super assistant head coach?

Who leaves a position as OC/AHC in the NFL to become a quarterback coach in college? If you're old or something, sure. But Hamilton is in his early 40's.

For what it's worth (which isn't much) Wikipedia claims his current position is QB coach for UM.

The idea of possibly having to coach RG 3 and trying to win NFL games is more than enough to scare you away. In all seriousness, he may have just decided he prefers coaching at the college level, or he may have real concerns the rebuild wont work and does not want to be along for the ride.

Hamilton was on the staff of Harbaugh's last season at Stanford, so it's possible he simply wants to work with him again. It's also possible that he wants to coach at the college level and he feels this is the best way to go that route.

FWIW, Hue today said he believes Pep is coming back to the Browns.

Let's not lose sight of a few details:

1. Pep was unemployed when he signed on with Hue after getting canned in Indy. The Colts offense seemed to improve after he left.

2. His job with the Browns had a nice title, but really he was just an extension of whatever Hue wanted. It sounds like Pep gets more autonomy under Harbaugh.

3. Normally, a team who finishes 1 -15 sees a tremendous about of change in coaches and players. We can get worked up over each change as fans, but this is a necessity for player development. They need new teachers and new concepts added every season, with the main framework remaining.

Who will the Browns have to squirt their water bottle on Trubisky's balls now!? (yes i know how it sounds)

I really don't think there's a more delusional fan base than Michigan fans. I'm seeing a good amount that believe this a Kevin Wilson to OSU caliber hire and that it will make Wilton Speight a Heisman contender next year.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."