• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

2017 Browns Off Season Thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

FiveThous

All-Star
Reaction score
I'm really hoping that Devalve and Ricardo Louis dive head first this off season. Louis especially if we don't resign Pryor. I want to see these explosive athletes getting on the field a lot more next year.

So no update on the Collins deal yet? I know there is still a lot of today left, but it was supposed to be finalized this weekend per reports.

So no update on the Collins deal yet? I know there is still a lot of today left, but it was supposed to be finalized this weekend per reports.

Tomorrow. Bitonio is next.

Reactions: AZ_
Tomorrow. Bitonio is next.

Do you have a source? I haven't seen that, although I have seen that they're going to look at extending guys like him. Crowell & the Browns will meet this week to try to get something done.

Do you have a source? I haven't seen that, although I have seen that they're going to look at extending guys like him. Crowell & the Browns will meet this week to try to get something done.
Pretty sure Juice knows someone with the Browns. He's had some scoops in the past too.

Great idea. Let's start by talking free agents.

Top priority:

1. Jamie Collins - Seems like interest in remaining with the Browns is mutual, and they aren't going to be cheap about it. He played as advertised, even if the Browns still looked like a struggling franchise after he came aboard. The attacking schemes Williams wants to run are a perfect match for his skillset.

2. Terrelle Pryor - The starting caliber outside receiver I've been waiting for since Kevin Johnson left. I'm not sure he has a realistic self perception going into contract negotiations, but Pryor definitely answered all the concerns I had about his effort level. Pay him and keep him on the team, the Browns have the cap room.

Hope They Stay:

1. Austin Pasztor - He went from an emergency third tackle two seasons ago to a solid, if unspectacular right tackle. If another team makes him a crazy offer, the Browns can move on easily. I don't anticipate that happening, but he might need a change of scenery. Shon Coleman seems to be the right tackle of the future, but Pasztor would be a nice retention.

2. Jordan Poyer - He was off to the best season of his career before injuries cut it short. I really don't want Poyer as the starting free safety heading into 2017, but there's absolutely nothing behind him either. This seems like the kind of players Sachi Brown won't bend over backwards trying to retain, but he has been better than he gets credit for.

Could They Stay, Could They Go

1. Stephen Paea - A waiver pickup who provided a veteran presence in the wake of losing Bryant for the season. He's an end of the rotation player who had some good moments. Don't care if he stays or goes, to be honest.

2. Britton Colquitt - He's a punter, therefore the guy who plays more snaps and has a bigger influence on the game than he should anywhere else in the league. Punters come and go, but the Browns traded for this guy on purpose. They must like him. I have trouble filling the void iny life Andy Lee left behind. I might seek therapy.

Pretty sure Juice knows someone with the Browns. He's had some scoops in the past too.

I have a few. I need to be careful with what I put out there. One story is after the Cinci game, Pryor came storming into the locker room screaming about his catches and how he wants the ball. Haslam was in the locker room too. Coleman comes in, slams his helmet on the ground and is balling his eyes out.

Last edited:
To me I wouldn't be afraid to go and get a veteran C/G guy who is solid to compete with who we have. Is there anyone out there that would fit this?

To me I wouldn't be afraid to go and get a veteran C/G guy who is solid to compete with who we have. Is there anyone out there that would fit this?

Green Bay's Pro Bowl center Tretter is about to get paid. Tampa's Joe Hawley is also a avilable, isn't a great player, classic JAG. That's about it. Draft would be the best course of action.

Green Bay's Pro Bowl center Tretter is about to get paid. Tampa's Joe Hawley is also a avilable, isn't a great player, classic JAG. That's about it. Draft would be the best course of action.

Gotcha, I am sure there may be some more that hit free agency in due time. Is there any guys in the late second/third round on in the draft you think we should target for the C/G position?

Gotcha, I am sure there may be some more that hit free agency in due time. Is there any guys in the late second/third round on in the draft you think we should target for the C/G position?

Browns already swung hard for the fences with Erving, but I'd be frustrated if they went that route again. There are usually cusp starters for the interior of the line available from the third through the fifth rounds. There's a run of about four or five guys who could go in that range. The kid from West Virginia is a pure center who would do just fine.

I have a few. I need to be careful with what I put out there. One story is after the Cinci game, Pryor came storming into the locker room screaming about his catches and how he wants the ball. Haslam was in the locker room too. Coleman comes in, slams his helmet on the ground and is balling his eyes out.

Interesting. Got me wondering if Pryor is out of favor a bit. I don't like hearing about people crying, but it sounds like Coleman really does care. Have you heard about what I read about Crow?

On reddit they claim a deal is done with collins... 4 years. I'm having trouble finding details though.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."