• Changing RCF's index page, please click on "Forums" to access the forums.

The 115th Congress and The Trump administration

Do Not Sell My Personal Information
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm almost positive nickel back was used in enhanced interrogation

US sent $221 million to Palestinians in Obama's last hours
Posted: Jan 23, 2017 4:09 PM ESTUpdated: Jan 23, 2017 4:09 PM EST

WASHINGTON (AP) - Officials say the Obama administration in its waning hours defied Republican opposition and quietly released $221 million to the Palestinian Authority.

GOP members of Congress had been holding up the money.

A State Department official and several congressional aides say the outgoing administration formally notified Congress it would spend the money Friday morning, just before Donald Trump became president.

More than $227 million in foreign affairs funding was released at the time, including $4 million for climate change programs and $1.25 million for U.N. organizations.

At least two GOP lawmakers had placed holds on the Palestinian funds. Congressional holds are generally respected by the executive branch but are not legally binding.

The official and the aides weren't authorized to speak publicly on the matter and demanded anonymity.

Can we start making alternative politics threads to make sure we stay more on topic

Whether the bust is in the oval office is immaterial. Does Trump embody any of the ideals of MLK? Absolutely not. So what is it doing in there? The only bust that could go in there to provide a greater juxtaposition is Rosie O'Donnell.

Three memorandums today.. Withdrawal from the TPP, Hiring freeze for federal agencies, and reinstatement of Reagans Mexico city policy that blocks federal funding for abortions.

Presidential Memorandums
THE WHITE HOUSE Office of the Press Secretary For Immediate Release January 23, 2017
January 23, 2017
MEMORANDUM FOR THE UNITED STATES TRADE REPRESENTATIVE
SUBJECT: Withdrawal of the United States from the Trans-Pacific Partnership Negotiations and Agreement
It is the policy of my Administration to represent the American people and their financial well-being in all negotations, particularly the American worker, and to create fair and economically beneficial trade deals that serve their interests. Additionally, in order to ensure these outcomes, it is the intention of my Administration to deal directly with individual countries on a one-on-one (or bilateral) basis in negotiating future trade deals. Trade with other nations is, and always will be, of paramount importance to my Administration and to me, as President of the United States.
Based on these principles, and by the authority vested in me as President by the Constitution and the laws of the United States of America, I hereby direct you to withdraw the United States as a signatory to the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP), to permanently withdraw the United States from TPP negotiations, and to begin pursuing, wherever possible, bilateral trade negotiations to promote American industry, protect American workers, and raise American wages.
You are directed to provide written notification to the Parties and to the Depository of the TPP, as appropriate, that the United States withdraws as a signatory of the TPP and withdraws from the TPP negotiating process.
You are authorized and directed to publish this memorandum in the Federal Register.
DONALD J. TRUMP

THE WHITE HOUSE Office of the Press Secretary For Immediate Release January 23, 2017
January 23, 2017
MEMORANDUM FOR THE HEADS OF EXECUTIVE DEPARTMENTS AND AGENCIES
SUBJECT: Hiring Freeze
By the authority vested in me as President by the Constitution and the laws of the United States of America, I hereby order a freeze on the hiring of Federal civilian employees to be applied across the board in the executive branch. As part of this freeze, no vacant positions existing at noon on January 22, 2017, may be filled and no new positions may be created, except in limited circumstances. This order does not include or apply to military personnel. The head of any executive department or agency may exempt from the hiring freeze any positions that it deems necessary to meet national security or public safety responsibilities. In addition, the Director of the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) may grant exemptions from this freeze where those exemptions are otherwise necessary.
Within 90 days of the date of this memorandum, the Director of the Office of Management and Budget (OMB), in consultation with the Director of OPM, shall recommend a long-term plan to reduce the size of the Federal Government's workforce through attrition. This order shall expire upon implementation of the OMB plan.
Contracting outside the Government to circumvent the intent of this memorandum shall not be permitted.
This hiring freeze applies to all executive departments and agencies regardless of the sources of their operational and programmatic funding, excepting military personnel.
In carrying out this memorandum, I ask that you seek efficient use of existing personnel and funds to improve public services and the delivery of these services. Accordingly, this memorandum does not prohibit making reallocations to meet the highest priority needs and to ensure that essential services are not interrupted and national security is not affected.
This memorandum does not limit the nomination and appointment of officials to positions requiring Presidential appointment or Senate confirmation, the appointment of officials to non-career positions in the Senior Executive Service or to Schedule C positions in the Excepted Service, or the appointment of any other officials who serve at the pleasure of the appointing
authority. Moreover, it does not limit the hiring of personnel where such a limit would conflict with applicable law. This memorandum does not revoke any appointment to Federal service made prior to January 22, 2017.
This memorandum does not abrogate any collective bargaining agreement in effect on the date of this memorandum.
DONALD J. TRUMP

January 23, 2017
MEMORANDUM FOR THE SECRETARY OF STATE THE SECRETARY OF HEALTH AND HUMAN SERVICES THE ADMINISTRATOR OF THE UNITED STATES AGENCY FOR INTERNATIONAL DEVELOPMENT
SUBJECT: The Mexico City Policy
I hereby revoke the Presidential Memorandum of January 23, 2009, for the Secretary of State and the Administrator of the United States Agency for International Development (Mexico City Policy and Assistance for Voluntary Population Planning), and reinstate the Presidential Memorandum of January 22, 2001, for the Administrator of the United States Agency for International Development (Restoration of the Mexico City Policy).
I direct the Secretary of State, in coordination with the Secretary of Health and Human Services, to the extent allowable by law, to implement a plan to extend the requirements of the reinstated Memorandum to global health assistance furnished by all departments or agencies.
I further direct the Secretary of State to take all necessary actions, to the extent permitted by law, to ensure that U.S. taxpayer dollars do not fund organizations or programs that support or participate in the management of a program of coercive abortion or involuntary sterilization.

This memorandum is not intended to, and does not, create any right or benefit, substantive or procedural, enforceable at law or in equity by any party against the United States, its departments, agencies, or entities, its officers, employees, or agents, or any other person.
The Secretary of State is authorized and directed to publish this memorandum in the Federal Register.
DONALD J. TRUMP

Three memorandums today.. Withdrawal from the TPP, Hiring freeze for federal agencies, and reinstatement of Reagans Mexico city policy that blocks federal funding for abortions.

Presidential Memorandums
January 23, 2017
SUBJECT: Withdrawal of the United States from the Trans-Pacific Partnership Negotiations and Agreement
It is the policy of my Administration to represent the American people and their financial well-being in all negotations, particularly the American worker, and to create fair and economically beneficial trade deals that serve their interests. Additionally, in order to ensure these outcomes, it is the intention of my Administration to deal directly with individual countries on a one-on-one (or bilateral) basis in negotiating future trade deals. Trade with other nations is, and always will be, of paramount importance to my Administration and to me, as President of the United States.
Based on these principles, and by the authority vested in me as President by the Constitution and the laws of the United States of America, I hereby direct you to withdraw the United States as a signatory to the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP), to permanently withdraw the United States from TPP negotiations, and to begin pursuing, wherever possible, bilateral trade negotiations to promote American industry, protect American workers, and raise American wages.
You are directed to provide written notification to the Parties and to the Depository of the TPP, as appropriate, that the United States withdraws as a signatory of the TPP and withdraws from the TPP negotiating process.
You are authorized and directed to publish this memorandum in the Federal Register.
DONALD J. TRUMP

January 23, 2017
By the authority vested in me as President by the Constitution and the laws of the United States of America, I hereby order a freeze on the hiring of Federal civilian employees to be applied across the board in the executive branch. As part of this freeze, no vacant positions existing at noon on January 22, 2017, may be filled and no new positions may be created, except in limited circumstances. This order does not include or apply to military personnel. The head of any executive department or agency may exempt from the hiring freeze any positions that it deems necessary to meet national security or public safety responsibilities. In addition, the Director of the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) may grant exemptions from this freeze where those exemptions are otherwise necessary.
Within 90 days of the date of this memorandum, the Director of the Office of Management and Budget (OMB), in consultation with the Director of OPM, shall recommend a long-term plan to reduce the size of the Federal Government's workforce through attrition. This order shall expire upon implementation of the OMB plan.
Contracting outside the Government to circumvent the intent of this memorandum shall not be permitted.
This hiring freeze applies to all executive departments and agencies regardless of the sources of their operational and programmatic funding, excepting military personnel.
In carrying out this memorandum, I ask that you seek efficient use of existing personnel and funds to improve public services and the delivery of these services. Accordingly, this memorandum does not prohibit making reallocations to meet the highest priority needs and to ensure that essential services are not interrupted and national security is not affected.
This memorandum does not limit the nomination and appointment of officials to positions requiring Presidential appointment or Senate confirmation, the appointment of officials to non-career positions in the Senior Executive Service or to Schedule C positions in the Excepted Service, or the appointment of any other officials who serve at the pleasure of the appointing
authority. Moreover, it does not limit the hiring of personnel where such a limit would conflict with applicable law. This memorandum does not revoke any appointment to Federal service made prior to January 22, 2017.
This memorandum does not abrogate any collective bargaining agreement in effect on the date of this memorandum.
DONALD J. TRUMP

January 23, 2017
MEMORANDUM FOR THE SECRETARY OF STATE THE SECRETARY OF HEALTH AND HUMAN SERVICES THE ADMINISTRATOR OF THE UNITED STATES AGENCY FOR INTERNATIONAL DEVELOPMENT
I hereby revoke the Presidential Memorandum of January 23, 2009, for the Secretary of State and the Administrator of the United States Agency for International Development (Mexico City Policy and Assistance for Voluntary Population Planning), and reinstate the Presidential Memorandum of January 22, 2001, for the Administrator of the United States Agency for International Development (Restoration of the Mexico City Policy).
I direct the Secretary of State, in coordination with the Secretary of Health and Human Services, to the extent allowable by law, to implement a plan to extend the requirements of the reinstated Memorandum to global health assistance furnished by all departments or agencies.
I further direct the Secretary of State to take all necessary actions, to the extent permitted by law, to ensure that U.S. taxpayer dollars do not fund organizations or programs that support or participate in the management of a program of coercive abortion or involuntary sterilization.

This memorandum is not intended to, and does not, create any right or benefit, substantive or procedural, enforceable at law or in equity by any party against the United States, its departments, agencies, or entities, its officers, employees, or agents, or any other person.
The Secretary of State is authorized and directed to publish this memorandum in the Federal Register.
DONALD J. TRUMP
Holy format!

US sent $221 million to Palestinians in Obama's last hours
Posted: Jan 23, 2017 4:09 PM ESTUpdated: Jan 23, 2017 4:09 PM EST

WASHINGTON (AP) - Officials say the Obama administration in its waning hours defied Republican opposition and quietly released $221 million to the Palestinian Authority.

GOP members of Congress had been holding up the money.

A State Department official and several congressional aides say the outgoing administration formally notified Congress it would spend the money Friday morning, just before Donald Trump became president.

More than $227 million in foreign affairs funding was released at the time, including $4 million for climate change programs and $1.25 million for U.N. organizations.

At least two GOP lawmakers had placed holds on the Palestinian funds. Congressional holds are generally respected by the executive branch but are not legally binding.

The official and the aides weren't authorized to speak publicly on the matter and demanded anonymity.

Any reason we shouldn't be sending money to the PA but we should send billions to Israel?

Presidential Memorandums
January 23, 2017
DONALD J. TRUMP

January 23, 2017
DONALD J. TRUMP

January 23, 2017

DONALD J. TRUMP

:chuckle:

A hiring freeze. I guess the best way to prove that Big Government doesn't work is by ensuring it won't work.

Trump takes continues separating his business interest.

http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-...to-shift-management-of-businesses-to-his-sons

He may be a couple of days late, but public documents show Trump is making changes at the helm of his businesses. For example,
a filing from Florida's Department of State, entered Monday, shows son Eric Trump as president of Trump International Hotels Management LLC. In March 2016, Donald J. Trump had been registered as president of the company.

NPR also confirmed Lawsuit filed against Trump regarding his overseas interest.

http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-...ng-trumps-overseas-interests-violate-constitu

I was just fucked by the hiring freeze. Was told thursday my position had been approved, but still needed to formalize everything.

Fuck you donald trump, you have no understanding how the govt runs.

I was just fucked by the hiring freeze. Was told thursday my position had been approved, but still needed to formalize everything.

Fuck you donald trump, you have no understanding how the govt runs.

Just received a few messages from Army friends who just got out. Naturally, they looked toward the Feds as a logical progression and due to the Veteran's preference.

Just got fucked. Way to help Vets out Donald. Dude is not starting off well.

I was just looking at positions in Antarctica yesterday. Most are contracted positions so there is still hope but I guess my dream may have to wait four years. What a fucking asshole.

I have people from medicaid coming over tomorrow to re-evaluate my catheters. I can't help but feel this is to do with the possible removal of the medicaid expansion. Hope I'm wrong though.

Just received a few messages from Army friends who just got out. Naturally, they looked toward the Feds as a logical progression and due to the Veteran's preference.

Just got fucked. Way to help Vets out Donald. Dude is not starting off well.

I was just looking at positions in Antarctica yesterday. Most are contracted positions so there is still hope but I guess my dream may have to wait four years. What a fucking asshole.
3 more points
1)Not only that, but the CBO has shown that every hiring freeze just ends up costing the govt money.
2)Federal jobs really havent gone up since the 60s. the number of federal jobs has remained almost completely flat since that time.
3) despite what the trump administration claims the number of federal jobs is smaller now than when obama took office.

This entire thing is just going to blow up, this man has absolutely no idea what he is doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Video

Episode 3-13: "Backup Bash Brothers"

Rubber Rim Job Podcast Spotify

Episode 3:11: "Clipping Bucks."